Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:22 pm
Peter nodded quickly once he got his camera back. He ran off as quickly as he could. He smiled as he rejoined his fellow club members in one of the meeting rooms.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:52 am
The beasts quickly burst into flames and started running amok in the lab. They didn't care about the intruders anymore, they just wanted to not be on fire.

Alec looked over at Alexavier with a scrupulous eye. "But wouldn't rare just be...never mind. Charge the door and sweep from 1 o'clock to six."

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:11 pm
"I'll get em right next time!" Alexavier laughed out. He gave Alec a nod and charged through the door and spewed the fire from his flamethrower at the angle he told him." Medium this time!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:12 pm
The biomass walled quivered and shook as they took the combined brunt of acid and electricity. The wall gave way as bits off it fell in acidic pools. The rest of the walls opened of their own volition, as though inviting them in.

Gidget stopped the bombardment and said, "This is...unexpected. I think it wants us to go to the core. Be on your guard."

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:15 pm
Heather continued her pursuit of Kerana, unaware of the danger that lay above them.

Larry lumbered up to Liv and slowly pointed at the camera. "Sister?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:19 pm
"Hmm cute kid." Liv mumbled. Then she looked up to Larry. "Oh no it was mostly me hugging the kitty. So it's all okay Larry." She told Larry with a smile. The big lumbering giant might take it the wrong way if she said it wrong and she didn't want that.

"Yeah am I the only one who wants to scream out trap? You understand why I don't really want to go right?" Theonis said to Gidget but when through regardless. They needed to keep on moving before the walls decided it would be best to constrict and crush the intruders  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:25 pm
Alec was pleased that Alexavier was quick on the uptake. It didn't take them long to reach the door. Alec pulled it open and was immediately greeted by a trio of raptors running down the hallway at them.

Alec had no time to say anything. He turned and grabbed Alexavier's shoulders, spinning him toward the raptors. The flames licked their features and they blindly charged into the open door, colliding with several aflame enforcers. The two groups of creatures began to attack one another in the confusion.

Alec kicked the door close and fell back against the stark white wall. As the adrenaline died down he began to feel some discomfort with his breathing. A moment later he felt something wet against his back. He looked down at the small hole in his chest and coughed blood. The hole was leaking blood steadily, staining the wall and the floor a deep crimson. It had happened just as he had seen it.

He moaned and looked up at Alexavier, his features growing steadily more pale than usual. "There was no time."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:27 pm
Larry grunted, almost as if he were offended that no one wanted to take a picture of his big sister. "Jerk." He declared.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:39 pm
Annie stood in shock at the ease the biomass gave way momentarily: she barely converted any liquid into acid. She had been pulling punches considerably to conserve energy and raised a brow. It was a Gidget's words that snapped her out of her shock.

"I like traps, it calls out to my suicidal tendencies and idolization," Annie joked sarcastically as she followed Theonis readied with acid attacks whenever needed. She took a deep breath and glanced around her, nervous, surprised at herself: she was actually concerned about her well being beyond keeping herself alive so she could protect the others.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:54 pm
Alexavier laughed as the enforcers burned. " Ahhh man! Now i'll never be a good chef! Did ya see that?!" He was enjoying himself. His laughter faded as he saw what had happened to Alec.

" Wow stay with me man. You're my ticket out of here." he began to look around for something that could stop the bleeding but he knew it was a lost case.

"Hmm? Oh not like that Larry. I thought you meant naked pictures!" Liv instantly said trying to smooth things out. " Heather was on a pic if I recall. Clothed mind you. It was just..focused on me." She gave Larry a pat on the leg seeing as she couldn't reach his head.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:49 pm
Kerana rushed further in everything seemed like a blur, she managed to use her natural acrobatics to get to the base of Legion. "Alec! Alec! Please! Hang in there! Don't give up!" Regardless whether she knew what was going on or not she hoped her words reached out to Legion.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:00 am
Alec coughed again. Flecks of blood stained the hair that had draped in front of his face. "Sorry, but this is as far as I go. You need to hurry. Your door is right over there." Alec pointed down the hallway to the fourth door behind Alexavier on the left.

"You don't need me anymore. If things go as well as they can, we'll meet again. Though we may not remember."

Alec's features began to crack and crumble as though he were made out of dry, worn out clay. "Not much time. You have to go to the door...before I fade into the collective. Please...save them...save...her..." Alec reached out to Alexavier as he pleaded. Just before he could grab onto Alexavier shirt, his forearm dropped at the elbow and shattered into hundreds of dusty pieces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside the biomass had lost all patience with the shadow creatures and began to thrash about like a nightmarish anemone. It couldn't hear the cries of the small girl below, and it didn't care about her torment. It did realize that the people fighting it weren't falling to the psychic waves it was throwing out.

More beasts poured out of the biomass, essentially tripling the amount that was present. They ran in all directions, seeking out the source of the shadow.

Heather slowly approached Kerana while invisible. She didn't know how they were withstanding the noise. She could hear it in her head, like Sara was talking too her, except it was just noise. She thought that perhaps she and Kerana were too animal to be affected by something that was killing humans. Nevertheless, she was careful not to.

Caution was thrown out the window the moment she saw the small group of beasts converging on Kerana from all sides. Heather had said earlier that their powers didn't make them combat capable. What she didn't mention was that Heather was dangerous in her own right.

The beasts around Kerana began to thrash about as though they were being hit by some invisible force. A strange figure, bending the light around it, cried out to the girl, "Run damnit! Can't you hear that noise? There's no way he can hear you through that!"  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:11 am
The hallways cascaded, pulsed, and quivered as they flew through the mass. It was only a minute later that they had reached the center. It was large, circular chamber that opened at only one end. At the other end were three monoliths. The right and left held Cassandra and Alexavier respectively. In the center was Shane's body.

The chamber was lit by bio-luminescent, skittering, insect like creatures that slowly made their way over the walls. They paid no attention to the people that had just entered. Their unsettling light displayed the enormity of chamber around them. To say it was ballroom sized would be an understatement.

Shane's eyes snapped open. Any semblance of humanity they once had was now replaced by the cold nature of the hive mind. He mouth didn't move but a bit. In contrast the voices, or rather voices, that came from him were almost deafening.

"We have opened the path to those who seek to destroy us."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:36 am
Alec had been useful and it seemed his time was up for now. No need to stay around being sentimental. Save her? Ahh the fox girl. Maybe, if things turned out like that he might. Then again he might not.

Alexavier got up and ran as fast as he could. Yanking open the door he dashed through the opening. A bright light blinded him as he entered. Perhaps a result of something entering it's own mind. As the light faded he started to look around. As far as the eye could see was light orange pasture from the setting sun for the various animals that roamed there. A lone farm windmill stood somewhere along the horizon. As he turned around he saw this big old farmhouse complete with animal shed. It felt peaceful This was his mind? This was his past? Slowly bits of memory returned. He lived here with his grandparents. His real parents died in an accident. Those memories felt so foreign to him as if he wasn't the one who made them. It just felt strange that emotions as sad as that were still laced with a sense of care-free ness. As if the person who made those memories wasn't fully aware of it himself.

Close to him sat the figure of a young man wearing handmade clothes, scribbling in a puzzle book. The man liked that. He seemed so focused and at the same time he wasn't looking directly at the puzzle while solving them. Like he was in his own little world. Was.....he autistic before the meteor hit him?

Time to wake the sleeper.

Theonis was taken aback by this large ...room if you'd call it. It reminded him of some sort of science fiction movie. Then there was this awful loud voice. When he recovered from that he rubbed his ear and replied.

"But why?" Theonis asked. He was getting a headache. Was it because he was using a lot of power to keep up this sphere of his or because they were almost right next to the source of the psionic waves?

"Say Larry....where ARE they anyway? I thought they could at least wait for us." Liv asked as she noticed the program on TV. They wouldn't....would they?  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:15 pm
"For our amusement." replied Legion. The walls slithered and writhed slowly toward the four. Not in an offensive manner, but more like a panther circling it's prey.

"You will fail. It is an inevitability. No combination of your power will be enough to destroy us. Even Annabella's highly destructive ability will only result in her vain suicide. We have allowed you to the core to witness your failure. To see the last hopes of humanity as it is die and become part of the collective."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More creatures began to pour from Legion at an alarming rate. Legion had also taken the offensive by sending deadly beams of energy from it's tentacles, decimating anything that was unfortunate enough to be caught in the blast. The blasts were both random and calculated, with the more precise ones concentrating on groups of Valhalla troops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man in a mask stood at the top of a building. The building had a name on it. It was his name. No one knew it, because they didn't know about this side of him. The side of him that caused people to literally die of fright. The side of him that was personified by the skeletal mask he wore.

He had sent out hundreds of machines that were minuscule in size. They didn't have to be large, not anymore at least. They were almost in position.

He gazed over the cityscape and watched the carnage unfold. His eyes were calm, yet furious. He said, to no one in particular, "This is my city."

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games