Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[5e] Princes of the Apocalypse [Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where would you like this game to be hosted?
  In Thread
  Roll 20
View Results

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:01 pm
Goddess Kairos
PupSage
I vote for level three. I ran this adventure before and red latch(levels 1-3) ran very slow and boring and we had a lot of death.

For that same reason i vote for Exp leveling over milestones.

I'm cool with level 3! On one hand I'm glad you've played before, and on the other, you know a lot about the events. XD

Not really ... got to first keep and TPK.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:33 pm
Gaia Name: Kowsauni
Time Zone: Hawaiian-Aleutian Standard Time
Experience: I've played mostly 4th ed D&D with a little experience with Pathfinder, 3.5 D&D, World of Darkness and Call of Cthulhu
Availability: I'm available most evenings, though I play a game on the weekends and have a weekday game that plays on either Wednesday or Thursday.
Possible Role: Undecided, I tend to lean towards striker but I might just play whatever role is needed.
Things you like to see in your games: Good story, NPCs that I care about.
What you expect from me: Proactive Dming

I like the idea of starting out at level 3, for, from what I've observed, 5ed classes don't feel like complete classes 'til around then.

I way prefer milestone leveling to experience. It's much simpler. You don't have to keep track of extra numbers. It keeps everyone on the same page. I feel it leaves people more free to actually RP their character in a realistic manner. I find when experience points are involved it makes characters act more like mindless killers as it encourages them to fight everything, even if not necessary, beneficial, or even realistic, simply because they want the experience points.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:47 pm
I would just like to put this on the table.

There are two ways I am okay with this going.

On the exp side:
Party divides fight exp evenly.
Individuals can get exp from awesome skill check.

Or on the Milestone side:
Instead of going on the normal milestones in the book, do it off of the feel of the group. There are a lot of random encounters in this adventure that leave a lot to the RNG gods, and when it says roll to generate 1d6 cultist, 1d4 bandits, and 1 mini-boss monster and you get a 6, 4, and a mini-boss, that should merit some progress towards a milestone, but it doesn't.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:10 pm
PupSage
I would just like to put this on the table.

There are two ways I am okay with this going.

On the exp side:
Party divides fight exp evenly.
Individuals can get exp from awesome skill check.

Or on the Milestone side:
Instead of going on the normal milestones in the book, do it off of the feel of the group. There are a lot of random encounters in this adventure that leave a lot to the RNG gods, and when it says roll to generate 1d6 cultist, 1d4 bandits, and 1 mini-boss monster and you get a 6, 4, and a mini-boss, that should merit some progress towards a milestone, but it doesn't.

I am willing to try the milestone and try gauging the feel of the group, and I dont mind input during the adventure when you think its a good time to level up.  

Goddess Kairos

Quotable Genius

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Goddess Kairos

Quotable Genius

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:13 pm
Kowsauni
Gaia Name: Kowsauni
Time Zone: Hawaiian-Aleutian Standard Time
Experience: I've played mostly 4th ed D&D with a little experience with Pathfinder, 3.5 D&D, World of Darkness and Call of Cthulhu
Availability: I'm available most evenings, though I play a game on the weekends and have a weekday game that plays on either Wednesday or Thursday.
Possible Role: Undecided, I tend to lean towards striker but I might just play whatever role is needed.
Things you like to see in your games: Good story, NPCs that I care about.
What you expect from me: Proactive Dming

I like the idea of starting out at level 3, for, from what I've observed, 5ed classes don't feel like complete classes 'til around then.

I way prefer milestone leveling to experience. It's much simpler. You don't have to keep track of extra numbers. It keeps everyone on the same page. I feel it leaves people more free to actually RP their character in a realistic manner. I find when experience points are involved it makes characters act more like mindless killers as it encourages them to fight everything, even if not necessary, beneficial, or even realistic, simply because they want the experience points.

welcome aboard! One more person and Ill get a thread going and start on getting characters up!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:52 pm
yeah, milestones are definitely something that seriously simplifies things for the DM and the Party, especially since you don't have to worry about the party members being different levels and accommodating for it. Everybody is 3, or 4, or 5....depending on how far in we are.

That being said, do you have any restrictions on races for the campaign?  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Goddess Kairos

Quotable Genius

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:48 pm
Ryssa Blackblood
yeah, milestones are definitely something that seriously simplifies things for the DM and the Party, especially since you don't have to worry about the party members being different levels and accommodating for it. Everybody is 3, or 4, or 5....depending on how far in we are.

Depends on the race. Nothing stupid and broken, but I am accomodating  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:49 pm
Goddess Kairos
Ryssa Blackblood

So any of the released races would be fine then? I wouldn't mind playing an Aaracocra (I think I spelled that right)  

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Goddess Kairos

Quotable Genius

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:53 pm
Ryssa Blackblood
Goddess Kairos
Ryssa Blackblood

So any of the released races would be fine then? I wouldn't mind playing an Aaracocra (I think I spelled that right)

sounds cool... never heard of it though, ill look it up  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:55 pm
Goddess Kairos
Ryssa Blackblood
Goddess Kairos
Ryssa Blackblood

I think it's one of the races from the elemental campaign book. bird folks.  

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Goddess Kairos

Quotable Genius

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:15 pm
Ryssa Blackblood
Goddess Kairos
Ryssa Blackblood
Goddess Kairos
Ryssa Blackblood

Sounds pretty cool  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:24 am
Goddess Kairos
Ryssa Blackblood
Goddess Kairos
Ryssa Blackblood
Goddess Kairos
Ryssa Blackblood

Sounds pretty cool
oh yeah, they totally are  

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Goddess Kairos

Quotable Genius

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Ryssa Blackblood

Kowsauni

PupSage

So, it said I wanted 5 players, but I'm willing to start with 4, and that means we only need one more person. I need to have character sheets for three of you in order to request a subforum and so on the first page of the thread I have added some information to consider when creating your character. You may role your stats in this thread, and just quote me with a link to your character profile. Let me know if you have any questions!  
Ryssa Blackblood rolled 4 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 5, 4 Total: 17 (4-24)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:13 pm
yay, stats stats

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff