Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kingdom Hearts: Beyond the Door (1st KH RP GGN)

Back to Guilds

Originally known as Kingdom Hearts : First Generation, we pride ourselves in our literate KH roleplays & community. 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Roleplay, Literate 

Reply KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC
Heartfelt Adventure: Questions, Suggestions, and Discussions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaegoe

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:24 pm
Until the paper fans are replaced with metal ones. :3 And I think your engine needs more oil. It is smoking.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:25 pm
That just means it'll burn when I stab you.  

Sousei Tatsu

Kaegoe

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:26 pm
Oooh I am so scared. *sarcastic eye roll*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:43 pm
derp  

Sousei Tatsu

Riorin

Stone-cold Hunter

11,750 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Firestarter 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:18 pm
BALOOOOOOOOZA.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:52 pm
Another question regarding the new stat names . . . does Physical Resistance govern toughness as well as just blocking? Does it even govern blocking, or is that strictly Evasive Reflexes?

And if Physical Resistance determines how tough you are physically, and Magic Resistance determines how tough you are magically, what does Endurance do? Overall toughness?  

Sable Argent

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:56 pm
The Stat System Post on the First Page of HA
Ϩᵗᵃᵗ Ϩᵞˢᵗᵉᵐ

Physical Strength: {How much damage you do physically; All ranged ammo is considered under Magic Strength!}
Physical Resistance: {How resistant are you to physical damage? How thick is your skin?}

Magic Strength: {How powerful is your Magic/Ranged Ammo? This includes ALL special abilities and the power of your summon.}
Magic Resistance: {How resistant are you to the effects of magic?}

Action Speed: {How fast can you attack or cast spells?}
Evasive Reflexes: {How well can you dodge? How flexible or agile are you?}
Outright Speed: {How high is your max speed, without turns and twists?}

Endurance: {HP}
Energy: {MP/SP ; Basically, the stuff you use for ALL your abilities.}

To answer the specific question about guarding: if you block an attack, and I'm not exactly sure (because surprisingly we've never had to actually try and calculate a weapon clash o_O), it would probably be either Physical Resistance alone, or an average of P.Strength and P.Resistance (since you're actively putting forth your effort, but you're also on the receiving end...).

Like I said, though, I'm actually not 100% sure, so trrrryyyyy not to hold me to that specific definition.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:27 pm
Sure but what's the difference between having 'thick skin' and having high HP? I mean, we don't actually have HP. I'm having a really hard time understanding what Endurance is supposed to represent, in a non-game-term sense.

I'm sorry to be bombarding you with all of these questions. . . I just suddenly realized that I didn't actually understand what the stats represented. >_<

Al~so, while we're on the subject, what stat level would be considered 'normal human'? As in, about what level would our stats have been before we became magic? If it's one or two, then things are fine. Otherwise, I may have to petition for the right to restat. XD  

Sable Argent

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:38 pm
Level 1. Everyone started at level 1, but because a few days had passed, we'd all gained experience enough to 'level up'.

Physical Resistance essentially dampens all physical damage, and Magical Resistance dampens magical damage, all so that we can 'endure' for longer [HP doesn't drop as fast]. That much we've gone over.

Endurance is, at the most basic level, your pain threshold. Having high resistances is the equivalent of saying those things don't cause as much pain, thus not adding too greatly to the pain threshold. Having a high 'Endurance' is the equivalent of saying you have a high pain threshold regardless, meaning you can take a lot of pain before passing out.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:58 am
I HAVE A QUESSHUN *raises hand*

What is a hexagun :OOO? FF wiki has nothin' D8<.  

Riorin

Stone-cold Hunter

11,750 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Firestarter 200

Sousei Tatsu

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:51 am
A hexagun is a pistol-type weapon from Final Fantasy XI, but in HA it is James's weapon. Its a pistol with six different chambers, each capable of a different elemental shot.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:42 pm
OOOOOOOOOOOH. So is it only ever capable of firing a maximum of 6 different types of shots? Or do all the shots go at once? Or what xD?  

Riorin

Stone-cold Hunter

11,750 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Firestarter 200

Bard of Lore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:05 am
So, I was pondering some things whilst in the shower after work this morning, and I came to realize that when it came to the elemental resistances, I was a bit confused. Specifically for the earth element. Aside from ice and nature, I'm pretty sure all of the other elements have more of a flowing nature, whereas earth is a fairly solid substance. So, using Noelle's Kickspike for example, if she were to use it against me, would it just...stop at my body? Dissolve? Then there comes the healing aspect. Once we get higher in levels and we heal from the attacks, does the same thing occur? Or something different?

I suppose that I could have simply PMed Noelle about it, but I was tossing it here for future reference for other potential earth mages. Also, I had another question.

About Yuffie's Limit Break Landscaper. As an earth mage, would I still take damage from it? I mean, it's still an earthquake like Tremor and Quake and that line, which is considered earth magic, so I take no damage from those. Is there anything different about Landscaper, aside from it being a Limit Break? Also, if immune to it, would I still be stunned by it?

These questions just popped into my head at work and I tried to think through them, but my brain is fried and I'd rather just clear them up now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:04 am
AH-HA. ONE LAST THING I CAN DO BEFORE I LEAVE IN TEN MINUTES.

Quote:
... would it just...stop at my body? Dissolve? Then there comes the healing aspect. Once we get higher in levels and we heal from the attacks, does the same thing occur? Or something different?

Yes! Or something pretty close to that. The mods can correct me if I'm assuming too much.

Quote:
About Yuffie's Limit Break Landscaper. As an earth mage, would I still take damage from it? I mean, it's still an earthquake like Tremor and Quake and that line, which is considered earth magic, so I take no damage from those. Is there anything different about Landscaper, aside from it being a Limit Break? Also, if immune to it, would I still be stunned by it?

I'm not entirely sure on the first part. At first, I figured the same stuff would apply, but that would mean Earth vs Earth Limit Breaks would just... be useless on the whole. So we might need to give that one a bit more thought!

Regardless, yes, the Stun effect would still be in place. :3  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:16 pm
3rd Post on the First Page
Misc. Information

How does Blocking work with Resistances? WE HAVE A CHART.

Click here to see the chart! Feel free to ask questions because this was, after all, made by Soryuju Ryutetsin, and as everyone knows, he is horrible at making an understandable point!

For future reference!  
KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games