Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kingdom Hearts: Beyond the Door (1st KH RP GGN)

Back to Guilds

Originally known as Kingdom Hearts : First Generation, we pride ourselves in our literate KH roleplays & community. 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Roleplay, Literate 

Reply KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC
Heartfelt Adventure: Questions, Suggestions, and Discussions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:51 am
Wait, when did we turn friendly fire on, anyway? Now I gotta go look at the game settings... tch.

xDDDD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:57 am
Also kind of curious about THIS statment...

Quote:
"You realize, that's going to encourage more light from everyone you idiot."
There was no doubt she would lend whatever light she had as well. Even if he did act like a jerk.
Even if someone treats you unfairly, that shouldn't have any weight upon your own treatment in return. So she chose to support Cloud inspite of the unreciprocated respect.

Where did that come from? Cloud never said anything bad or disrespectful about the Light you guys gave- that was Sephiroth, who said 'Borrowed Light.'...

Maybe that's what the problem is. A lot of misreading on everyone's part. I say, instead of keeping up with the technicalities, just roll with it. Is it really so difficult to say that in-between posts, people have moved a few inches or feet? This is an art, after all, not a science though the stat system would appear to say otherwise...  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,825 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:38 am
I'm not talking to Cloud, I was talking to Sephiroth. Because of our positioning, I'm almost right infront of big and scary. Sephiroth just smacked Kichi aside, and the post pointed it out ' Because he offered his light first!'
the rest was a personal resolve. up till now Cloud hasn't been Very nice, he's either cold and refusing towards her, or he ignores her existence. But Kyla- due to knowledge of the games - like everyone else, knows that he's a fundimentally good guy. So she's deciding to lend him her light, regardless of how he treats her.

That comment was my response while I drew my attack.

And I'm sorry, maybe a technical issue, but common, he said WIDE arc. It's blatantly obvious; if he's aiming for Sephiroth, he's going to have to hit me too.
Cause even if I'm at the side, or a step back, or even behind him( which I'm not). He would STILL hit me dead on- because he made the point to make his wide a wide arc (he spred it out int that general direction).

The only way to avoid this is if perhaps friendly fire doesn't effects other team mates. Somehow we're immune to each others magical attacks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:01 pm
Okay. You could see the logistics however you want, but you never actually said where you were standing before you decided I hit you. I just don't like being forced to hit an ally for no apparent reason. And a wide arc doesn't mean a long arc. If you were standing behind Sephiroth (relative to me), it wouldn't have even reached you. And since you were next to them before Sephiroth pushed past Cloud to attack Jon, you probably were.

And if Kyla was in the line of fire (something I couldn't possibly have known), Alan wouldn't have attacked that way. That's also pretty obvious.  

Sable Argent

Bard of Lore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:08 pm
Not to make a confusing topic already confusing, but that second diagram isn't quite correct. Maybe I just misread it, but Sephiroth didn't move to attack Kichi. He just turned and swung his sword. So Sephiroth would still be by Cloud.

Or we could just ignore all this jazz and go on with this soon to be epic fight.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:11 pm
I realized that and erased the diagram. >_ >  

Sable Argent

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,825 Points
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:55 pm
Sable Argent
Okay. You could see the logistics however you want, but you never actually said where you were standing before you decided I hit you. I just don't like being forced to hit an ally for no apparent reason. And a wide arc doesn't mean a long arc. If you were standing behind Sephiroth (relative to me), it wouldn't have even reached you. And since you were next to them before Sephiroth pushed past Cloud to attack Jon, you probably were.

And if Kyla was in the line of fire (something I couldn't possibly have known), Alan wouldn't have attacked that way. That's also pretty obvious.

I apologize if this had made you upset Alan, I had no intension to force you into anything. I thought I was simply acknowleging what was going on around me as an rp're should. I thought I was being very clear about where I was, that be be mistaken obviously. If there is one thing I'm always guilty of, is keeping track of details. Please do not asume I wished to force you to do anything you didn't want-that was really not my intension.
I was simply acknowledging the things you did do.
As closely accurate as possible.
After compiling every definition of movement, I found I was not behind Sephiroth. In fact, chances are, you'd have to hit him, through me.
(Solid circles= defined positions, Empty circles = possible hypothical places based on other descriptions)

User Image

But As Kyle and others are saying before, this may not even matter. Frankly I didn't think it was a big deal to begin with, just something that happens in rp battles. As you can see, I'm not dead, i'm not seriously hurt regardless, so there's nothing to worry about.
It's easy to miss things when reading, and I think I worry about that a lot, more then I should, so I make a point to keep a visual in my head, so I don't miss anything. I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression.

But in the end- it may not matter at all.
It didn't change what we're doing, Sephiroth is yet to reply, and currently I'm on standby to see if even friendly fire is possible.
If it turns out it isn't, I'll be changing my post to say nothing happened to me at all, and all I got was my hair blown about my headXD(all sexy like)..like on those supermodel runways with the fans! All cool and stuff.
So seriously, it's nothing to be concerned about in the long run. We're already moving onto pushing Sephiroth's butt in the direction we want.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:00 pm
And yet, it was a big enough deal to say you were hit in the first place instead of saying 'she'd luckily moved mere moments prior'...

Look, honestly, none of this matters. Seriously. Mountains out of molehills, the lot of you. Instead of senselessly arguing about petty details few, if anyone, cares about, as all of you have said yourselves, can we get back to the actual RP and the fun?

Yeah, a touch annoyed. Might be the headache, though.

NOTE: The above is a personal opinion, not the opinion of the Crew or from any sort of moderator standpoint. That would just be silly.

NOTE 2: This could all have been avoided by lack of skimming, by the way.

NOTE 3: I pressed edit and forgot why this time.

NOTE 4: Yeah, I'm just ornery about the whole situation having to come up at all, and can't think of any better way to say 'GUYS IT'S NOT IMPORTANT THERE IS A SEPHIROTH IN FRONT OF YOU'. Regardless of who is right, who is wrong, who is made of pie, just roll with it and move on. What's an RP without improv, hmm?  

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200

Sable Argent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:19 pm
Okay, this is the last I'll say of this because apparently it's a taboo subject, but really. "Walked a little bit away" really doesn't indicate in which direction. You could have very easily walked in the opposite direction and not been in the blast at all. And if your diagram is correct, than Sephiroth couldn't have attacked Jon without hitting you. I would generally assume that if you just hit someone with your sword, it means there's probably a clear line between you and that person.

Anyway, I'm fully willing to just move on. I'd just like to resolve this before I post because damaging a teammate is kind of a big deal that warrants major attention.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:27 pm
Agreed, about the diagram, it is correct, by all acounts I could be dead. But-well, I'm sure Amy didn't want me dead. (FEAR the Headless Pictomancer-RAWR!) Just as I asumed you didn't want to hit me. That's why I said it passed under my chin- slicing off some hair- common he's Sephiroth, he can do what he wants. He is that awesome.
We can pull a 'Wizards did it'.

The point is, I said I was sorry I was only acknowledging what was going on around me, nothing more.

So the wizards did it, moving now....

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,825 Points

fractalJester
Captain

Omnipresent Seeker

6,325 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:35 pm
Actually, before we do that:

LO. A DECISION.

Targeted magic will not hurt allies (unless, of course, it is specifically targeting an ally). Wild magic releases like, say, Kyle's attacks when he's touched by a spider, are NOT targeted, and as such, will hit whatever and WHOever gets in the way.

This spell was a case of targeted magic; as such, it would have passed straight through Kyla and gone on to Sephiroth.

Since such a thing's never come up before, it's okay that there was confusion. It happens. Now we all know, for future reference.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:55 pm
Thank you. *edits her post*
Done<3

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,825 Points

Bard of Lore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:38 am
Soryuju Ryutetsin
Regardless of who is right, who is wrong, who is made of pie, just roll with it and move on. What's an RP without improv, hmm?

I find the above section in bold to be very important.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:58 am
Curse the darn spiders! *Twitches*  

Kaegoe

Hilarious Lunatic

Psalm Grasshopper

18,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:24 pm
I've been editing my latest Sephiroth post. XD It's hard not to GM with him... just let me know if I'm taking it too far.  
KHBTD : Kingdom Hearts Roleplaying and OoC

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff