Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Community Christian Church

Back to Guilds

The Online Church & Bible Study 

Tags: Christian, Community, Jesus, Bible, Church 

Reply Christian Entertainment, Games, & Contests
Christian-themed articles, video clips, and other media.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:52 pm
I figured there are a lot of articles and media that have a Christian theme that can be used to encourage, uplift, or make others aware of certain situations going on in this world. Here is the place to share!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:23 pm
Here are some websites I enjoy from time to time:

www.wayofthemaster.com (nice place to learn about evangelism. They have great tracts too for one-on one witnessing)
www.wretchedradio.com (hard-hitting and occasionally humurous [sarcastic humor mostly] christian talk radio. But from time to time, they do hit on subjects that are touchy and they do speak with gentleness when sensitivity is needed. One podcast addressed the issue of sexual abuse. It was very comforting how they used the Cross to help people see that Jesus is the source for healing of such a bad act.)
www.nocompromiseradio.com (another hard hitting christian talk podcast. The tagline is "Always Biblical, Always Provacative, Always in that Order")
www.ptl.org (The Pocket Testament League. Gospels of john you can get and pass out! The front pages have a biblically based plan of salvation!)
www.boundless.org (for twenty-something christians. Has a lot of helpful articles)

That's just a few.The hard hitting one's don't aim to be offensive, but bold when they discuss hot topics in the world, or Christian truths that get skewed. I use the Pocket Testament League gospels often for my youth church class. Over 2/3 of my students don't have bibles, so a gospel of John is a good way to start.

Sorry for being a bit long. Hopefully some of the sites I mentioned are helpful to people.  

Ohana_Okazaki
Captain

Conservative Gawker

5,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:26 pm
Ohana_Okazaki
Here are some websites I enjoy from time to time:

www.wayofthemaster.com (nice place to learn about evangelism. They have great tracts too for one-on one witnessing)
www.wretchedradio.com (hard-hitting and occasionally humurous [sarcastic humor mostly] christian talk radio. But from time to time, they do hit on subjects that are touchy and they do speak with gentleness when sensitivity is needed. One podcast addressed the issue of sexual abuse. It was very comforting how they used the Cross to help people see that Jesus is the source for healing of such a bad act.)
www.nocompromiseradio.com (another hard hitting christian talk podcast. The tagline is "Always Biblical, Always Provacative, Always in that Order")
www.ptl.org (The Pocket Testament League. Gospels of john you can get and pass out! The front pages have a biblically based plan of salvation!)
www.boundless.org (for twenty-something christians. Has a lot of helpful articles)

That's just a few.The hard hitting one's don't aim to be offensive, but bold when they discuss hot topics in the world, or Christian truths that get skewed. I use the Pocket Testament League gospels often for my youth church class. Over 2/3 of my students don't have bibles, so a gospel of John is a good way to start.

Sorry for being a bit long. Hopefully some of the sites I mentioned are helpful to people.

Never heard about those, thanks for posting smile may have to check some of those out sometime.

The ones I stick to normally are:

www.godvine.com

and

http://christianheadlines.com/  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:53 am
Now here's a VERY interesting 17 minute clip about a subject I don't hear about so often: hospitality. To give you some background, the person being interviewed went from being a college professor in a committed lesbian relationship, to a pastor's wife and mother of 4. A key part (beside's God drawing her, of course) of her "unlikely conversion", was the hospitality of Christians. I found this interesting. What are your thoughts, members of the GCCC?

http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/authors-on-the-line/hospitality-on-mission-an-interview-with-rosaria-champagne-butterfield  

Ohana_Okazaki
Captain

Conservative Gawker

5,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 am
Ohana_Okazaki
Now here's a VERY interesting 17 minute clip about a subject I don't hear about so often: hospitality. To give you some background, the person being interviewed went from being a college professor in a committed lesbian relationship, to a pastor's wife and mother of 4. A key part (beside's God drawing her, of course) of her "unlikely conversion", was the hospitality of Christians. I found this interesting. What are your thoughts, members of the GCCC?

http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/authors-on-the-line/hospitality-on-mission-an-interview-with-rosaria-champagne-butterfield

I enjoy their outlook on don't underestimate the "missional potential of our living rooms and dining rooms." Truly, we can win people over to God through our actions if we are kind, patience, care about people, etc. What would warm a person's heart who was walking around the streets on Thanksgiving because they had no one to spend it with? It would warm their heart to invite them over with your family - that can touch a person's heart in more ways than we sometimes realize.

When we can show a person that we are truly kind and care about people - it rubs off. Also, there are sometimes those situations where we will be nice out of the kindness in our hearts, invite somebody over, and the person will be ungrateful, rude, and overall unpleasant and those are times where sometimes it crawls under our skin, but we must also learn to control our temper and still be glad we could help somebody and hope that care and love rubs off onto them.

If we invited someone in and were kind to them and everything - they sometimes open up about their problems and there are times when we can help.

Honestly, I haven't listened to the podcast part yet - the actual interview, but I will listen to it soon 3nodding I bet it's great!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:19 pm
I am sure many of you have heard about The Bible miniseries that is coming out soon on The History Channel if it hasn't come out already. If you have seen it - feel free to post your thoughts here! I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to see it, but I'd love to just to see how they put it all together and hopefully it's awesome and I do hope that it leads at least one person to Christ 3nodding  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 am
Mark Burnett's "The Bible" begets record ratings

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/05/showbiz/tv/mark-burnett-the-bible-record-ratings-ew/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:40 pm
http://castinglotsblog.blogspot.com/ [A blog (That I just started!) regarding tabletop games and recreation from a Christian world view]  

Rough-Edged Raconteur

Dapper Gaian

Christian Entertainment, Games, & Contests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces