Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Codger

Liona Lionheart
Red Kutai
Liona Lionheart
I know it's purpose! To help those of us who are lazy and don't want to go searching through pages and pages of threads to find the one about the idea we're referencing in a post?

btw may I submit my CS recipe idea thread?

As long as it's helping somebody. biggrin

And, I'd be overjoyed; just post a link, and I'll get it edited in posthaste... 3nodding
It'll be very helpful smile

TY for the add.
zOMG CS Recipes

You're edited in, and perfectly welcomed. If you make any more suggestions, or even just notice some that I've yet to reference here, feel free to let me know... 3nodding

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Looks like you've got quite a list there. smile

Mega Borg

13,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
Mind considering my thread for submission? .~.Spreading zOMG! Awareness.~.

Benevolent Codger

.x.Mistress_J.x.

Well, as I mentioned in reference to another idea, this is one is less a suggestion for zOMG!, and more a suggestion for its users. As such, it doesn't particularly fit with what we're aiming to compile, here.

That being said, though, I would love to include your thread as a Recommended Thread, as it's certainly a worthwhile cause... 3nodding

EDIT: In fact, I did... whee
OH MY! Nice looking banners!
They look great!

Benevolent Codger

A bump, to show off our new layout! whee

2,985,931 thanks (one for each pixel) to Atrash the Squidmonger for his hard work on our new headers. What a kind soul, and a lovely artist to boot! heart

EDIT: I can't believe that post took me at least 8 minutes. gonk I swear there weren't any recent posts when I started it... sweatdrop

Benevolent Codger

jzmajor
They look great!

Direct all your compliments to Atrash the Squidmonger; he's the good Samaritan that refused to let the Repository go bare in the harsh, cold z!F... 3nodding
Red Kutai
jzmajor
They look great!

Direct all your compliments to Atrash the Squidmonger; he's the good Samaritan that refused to let the Repository go bare in the harsh, cold z!F... 3nodding
OH! That's awesome! xD

4,950 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
A few people, myself being among them, have complained on the forum about the poor lighting in zOMG come the night (e.g., http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/lighting/t.60099505/ & http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/too-dark-at-night/t.66314873/); my personal proposal, which I will repeat here, is that there be implemented for each user the ability to toggle on/off the darkening at night similarly to how we can toggle music.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but I hope it merits inclusion in this thread.

Benevolent Codger

Karinpon
A few people, myself being among them, have complained on the forum about the poor lighting in zOMG come the night (e.g., http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/lighting/t.60099505/ & http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/too-dark-at-night/t.66314873/); my personal proposal, which I will repeat here, is that there be implemented for each user the ability to toggle on/off the darkening at night similarly to how we can toggle music.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but I hope it merits inclusion in this thread.

I went ahead and added it to the list of User Interface suggestions, and added the native link (that is, the thread from the zOMG! Forum) to the threads listing. 3nodding

For the sake of discussion, though: zOMG! does have effects that are day/night dependant, most notably the presence or absence of the Ghost Lanterns in Zen Gardens. Wouldn't being able to remove the night filter make it exceedingly confusing to keep track of those?
Huzzah, you got the new banners working! biggrin Now the thread doesn't look so shamefully naked. Also, nice color coding for each post.

As for the day/night discussion, maybe simply an ability to adjust the severity of the changes? Like, make a rather undark night, if possible, just enough to indicate that it's changed times, and then people could take the option either for the main more extreme day/night, or the less extreme one? Or maybe a sort of grandfather clock-esque graphic somewhere to show the transition of day and night? Those would take extra artistic work, though.

Or maybe a (perhaps Ghi powered, hence why only you get the change) flashlight/goggle/whatever (on the PDA?) that people could toggle on when night came, lighting up the map just as if it was daytime (for convenience of how much work would be needed)?

Benevolent Codger

Atrash the Squidmonger
Huzzah, you got the new banners working! biggrin Now the thread doesn't look so shamefully naked. Also, nice color coding for each post.

As for the day/night discussion, maybe simply an ability to adjust the severity of the changes? Like, make a rather undark night, if possible, just enough to indicate that it's changed times, and then people could take the option either for the main more extreme day/night, or the less extreme one? Or maybe a sort of grandfather clock-esque graphic somewhere to show the transition of day and night? Those would take extra artistic work, though.

Or maybe a (perhaps Ghi powered, hence why only you get the change) flashlight/goggle/whatever (on the PDA?) that people could toggle on when night came, lighting up the map just as if it was daytime (for convenience of how much work would be needed)?

Indeed; I took the cues from your banners. If the colours are at all distracting or hard to read (specifically the 4th post), just let me know, and I may be able to fiddle around with it some. sweatdrop

A simple scrollbar that allows you to determine how much of the "night" filter to apply would work. That way, even at minimum, there would be a slight change, and you can apply it as much or as little as you need to be able to play.

I actually rather like the idea of a G'hi Lantern, working much like the Lantern from Link to the Past. I don't know how the night filter works, or whether they'd be able to remove it in an area (around the user) or would have to apply it map-by-map. An interesting idea, though... 3nodding

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Wow, thread is looking very spiffy! Nice headers!

Vicious Vampire

14,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
Red Kutai
.x.Mistress_J.x.

Well, as I mentioned in reference to another idea, this is one is less a suggestion for zOMG!, and more a suggestion for its users. As such, it doesn't particularly fit with what we're aiming to compile, here.

That being said, though, I would love to include your thread as a Recommended Thread, as it's certainly a worthwhile cause... 3nodding

EDIT: In fact, I did... whee
Thanks.
Red Kutai
Atrash the Squidmonger

Indeed; I took the cues from your banners. If the colours are at all distracting or hard to read (specifically the 4th post), just let me know, and I may be able to fiddle around with it some. sweatdrop

A simple scrollbar that allows you to determine how much of the "night" filter to apply would work. That way, even at minimum, there would be a slight change, and you can apply it as much or as little as you need to be able to play.

I actually rather like the idea of a G'hi Lantern, working much like the Lantern from Link to the Past. I don't know how the night filter works, or whether they'd be able to remove it in an area (around the user) or would have to apply it map-by-map. An interesting idea, though... 3nodding

The color coding is nice. I probably should have arranged a more coherent color scheme, rather than just whatever one popped out to me. xd

Are you counting posts including the start one? If so, the 4th one is quite readable. The 3rd and 5th (which would be the 4th if you're not counting the start one, so that might make sense) are perhaps the most distracting (5th due to the low contrast of the yellow, 3rd since it blends in the index of links part at the bottom), although both are still quite readable, just with minor quibbles.

Yeah, if night is just a filter that can be overlaid in different opacities, that would be easier (if it doesn't just make some things not look right at half-on half-off).

I was thinking of a Lantern or Goggle basically just switching off the night effect (just the visual effect - not the animated and other things) for the screen or map the player is on. This would allow people who had trouble with the darker scenes be able to see whatever they needed to see - but it would be optional and would still have the regular day/night effects to mark time (people would just be able to, once they decided it got too dark, fix it). This would be the rather quick-and-dirty fix for it. A more detailed lantern with its own area effect and more realism would also be nice (also, it could apply and interact with other things - animated which aggroed people with or without the light [or just wouldn't go near the light/crowded toward it], really dark areas that required the lantern, needing to search with the lantern, creatures blowing out the lantern for short periods of time, etc.).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff