Welcome to Gaia! ::

well with the mantis ring you couldn't tell if it was making actions with his arms since they were tied up. -_- what a perfect avatar to demonstrate with neutral it just looked he was just... jello.

the attacking graphics are cool but i hope you are accually holding the sword or swinging your arm when you activate it. Not just standing there like my avatar is now
xDemonDoomx
well with the mantis ring you couldn't tell if it was making actions with his arms since they were tied up. -_- what a perfect avatar to demonstrate with neutral it just looked he was just... jello.

the attacking graphics are cool but i hope you are accually holding the sword or swinging your arm when you activate it. Not just standing there like my avatar is now

You havn't read the stickies... have you?

Your avatar will NOT hold a sword and swing it, it's the reason as to why the weapons which are available will not be used. The animation of a person holding onto, and then swinging a sword is too much work, it'd take another year to get a SHODDY animation going, atleast a good 2 for a 'decent' one, and likely 4 years for a 'great' animation. Your avatar will move just as the one in the mantis ring preview did, your arms won't move at all

--End thread

Durem Lover

i dont think so @~@
i think...the power will just..swish
thats all
No. The animation of a person holding a weapon, and then swinging a sword is too much work, the Gaia staff won't even bother with it.
Syaoran Moeroo
xDemonDoomx

You havn't read the stickies... have you?

Your avatar will NOT hold a sword and swing it, it's the reason as to why the weapons which are available will not be used. The animation of a person holding onto, and then swinging a sword is too much work, it'd take another year to get a SHODDY animation going, atleast a good 2 for a 'decent' one, and likely 4 years for a 'great' animation. Your avatar will move just as the one in the mantis ring preview did, your arms won't move at all

--End thread
i did read the stickies. All of them and i didn't see that
how about just blurring your arm everytime you use any ring. Is that too hard ._. i just thoght since every other mmo can do it gaia cou;d put in the same effort
Don't know which of the stickies it is in, but I'm sure it's in one of them. That's a large reason as to why we're using rings instead of weapons, so that they can animate without having to deal with the avatars at all, and then utilize a system to crop the picture into different segments and move them in a pre-determined fashion so it looks natural. If they were going to bother with making it look like you held the sword than chances are they'd also allow for weapons

Edit:
xDemonDoomx
how about just blurring your arm everytime you use any ring. Is that too hard ._. i just thoght since every other mmo can do it gaia cou;d put in the same effort

Yeah, I'm sure EVERYONE would be happy with a blurr that looks crappy, just as everyone was happy with the blurred feet in towns....

Also, Gaia IS putting in the same effort, if not more, than other MMOs. Might I suggest taking a moment and reading the other threads to see why it's nearly impossible to animate weapons under the avatar system
I thought the blurred feet in towns was pretty cool when I started.
Remember! Ring! Not a in hand weapon!
Trevor 84
I thought the blurred feet in towns was pretty cool when I started.

eeh, I remember people complaining it was 'too cartooney' or something along those lines, I personally like it too
xDemonDoomx
Have you seen how fast those blurrs are? It'd be like a quick strike you could barely see and then it'd be done.
go gets some flowers
i dont think so
arms wont move when you attack thats why they used an avi with arms tied.
arms will not move

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces