Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Lunatic

Red Kutai

My point was actually just that; there are ~10 different areas in zOMG! which require little-to-nothing in terms of rules before DMS breaks that pattern without warning. It's not really the players' fault that the game suddenly expects them to do something it's taught them isn't necessary, so while I think the root of your complaint is perfectly legitimate, I simply think it resolves more to the poor design of the area than anything the players themselves are doing wrong.

the argument has been won, everyone can go home now.

User Image
here's a cookie, you deserve it.

now we can all just blame gaia together.
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
forever > one moment

User Image
just casually slipping a very relevant doctor who reference in...
live forever then say that to me

unfortunately not all of us have nine lives to spare and are immortal.
get it, nine lives... cause you're a cat...
i should sell off 8 of those lives since i'm immortal and all

i'm sure they'll sell for a fetching price, after all, who wouldn't want a piece of that.

Hallowed Lunatic

happyprincesslol

Y.O.L.O = YOUTH OBEYING LUCIFER'S ORDERS.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
forever > one moment

User Image
just casually slipping a very relevant doctor who reference in...

i'm sure they'll sell for a fetching price, after all, who wouldn't want a piece of that.
let's haggle

Rainbow Nerd

happyprincesslol
How is it selfish? It's common sense to tell lower levels to have meat Cl10 because they're prone to getting hit harder in DMS and unfortunately not all of them will end up with an experienced tank and meat is a good safety net to have and one of the first rings to level up if they're planning to DMS.

Obviously if they're missing meat in general (because they think they don't "need" it) they probably haven't bothered to level up any other buffs (just a general statement because if a person has a reasonable ring set aside from meat they will be crewed). And obviously it's different to a CL10 who knows the tank/tank is confident and chooses not to bring it and one that goes off the idea that meat isn't needed at all.

Perhaps I'm biased because I don't trust random tanks but in general if you're lower leveled and don't know the tank why NOT bring meat? What's wrong with telling lower CLs to level meat up first and to bring it (say the tank isn't the best)? I'm restating myself here, meat is a good safety net and unfortunately if experienced DMSers have to put up with newbs during a slow day then they have to put up with poor tanks and if a tank asks for meat they should bring it in order to help them out and if they haven't got it it's not wrong to kick them in order to find a person who's got more rings.

I'd seriously love to see the 'poor' tank you're talking about.Since usually, I don't have the luck of meeting those.

I think it is selfish - because even a DPSer can help with manipulating aggro - but I'm not going to talk about THAT, because once again, you would pull out the noob card.

It's selfish because why do you think a person not having meat can't have other buffs leveled up? And do you usually ask "Do you have meat? No? Never mind, do you have any other buffs leveled up?" Somehow I doubt that.

If you're so concerned about lower levels, take tape. It would save them up, and I'm sure you can find a space in your ringset for it. (for example make one person take shuriken instead of knife, and wow, space there,since it's both attack and has the knifing ability on higher ranks). Hell or even SH. One SH for whole crew and no one needs meat.

Personally, I'd love to let you experience first few days of DMS. Perhaps your view would have changed.

Vicious Prophet

happyprincesslol
Gemenice
happyprincesslol

My main point is that if tanks lose aggro they may be too busy dying to wish the crew. Normally, not a problem but if the crew's all CL10 yeah, like I said the wolves hit hard.

Seriously, I don't know where you're getting those "real" tanks but send one over sometime; maybe you're all too busy crewing with friends to help random crews.

Not everyone tanks like you do and I think that every person should have a CL10 meat before DMSing if they're new because they never know what type of tank they'll get (probably a "pretend" tank) and just having it will help them not die in case the tank isn't the best.

I pretty much crew randoms all the time, actually. Or get crewed by randoms, and end up being tanker.

And pretty much most tankers I know are great. No idea who you're crewing with. But still, I don't believe meat IS necessary.

And that's kind of selfish, forcing everyone to believe it is, for CL 10.0s and not taking them if they don't have it.

How is it selfish? It's common sense to tell lower levels to have meat Cl10 because they're prone to getting hit harder in DMS and unfortunately not all of them will end up with an experienced tank and meat is a good safety net to have and one of the first rings to level up if they're planning to DMS.

Obviously if they're missing meat in general (because they think they don't "need" it) they probably haven't bothered to level up any other buffs (just a general statement because if a person has a reasonable ring set aside from meat they will be crewed). And obviously it's different to a CL10 who knows the tank/tank is confident and chooses not to bring it and one that goes off the idea that meat isn't needed at all.

Perhaps I'm biased because I don't trust random tanks but in general if you're lower leveled and don't know the tank why NOT bring meat? What's wrong with telling lower CLs to level meat up first and to bring it (say the tank isn't the best)? I'm restating myself here, meat is a good safety net and unfortunately if experienced DMSers have to put up with newbs during a slow day then they have to put up with poor tanks and if a tank asks for meat they should bring it in order to help them out and if they haven't got it it's not wrong to kick them in order to find a person who's got more rings.

The bolded is why I make newbies bring meat. Plus, if it's your first time doing DMS you're probably going to do something stupid, you should have 800+ extra hit points to help you.

Quotable Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Melody_Music_Notes
They're 10.0. What do you expect? They have never been to DMS before, they don't know what's going on in there, and they don't know what rings they need. It's very common, actually.

Do you think a dog would know what 'sit' means the first time that you said it to them? That's a similair situation to a newbie's. If you don't help them out, then they aren't going to know anything.

I was in a crew with this person who was a total newbie to DMS. We just told him what rings to bring and what to do. TA-DA! He did perfectly fine.

Don't tell me that you haven't been that way before. Everyone was there at least once or twice before.

It's only because they are not experienced. If you are too busy to help newbies, then try speed or form with friends. 3nodding

This post made me feel better! I can never find the time to do DMS and when I do have time no one seems to be making crews. Therefore I've never been in there with a crew at all! I'm CL 10.0 and have every ring at that lvl. Fire rain ring is the only ring that I don't have at the moment. So my question is...

Why aren't there more crews?

Quotable Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Note I have 3k of the regular orbs. If I could share, I would. No problem on getting a new ring and making it CL 10.
shinju kumagai
Melody_Music_Notes
They're 10.0. What do you expect? They have never been to DMS before, they don't know what's going on in there, and they don't know what rings they need. It's very common, actually.

Do you think a dog would know what 'sit' means the first time that you said it to them? That's a similair situation to a newbie's. If you don't help them out, then they aren't going to know anything.

I was in a crew with this person who was a total newbie to DMS. We just told him what rings to bring and what to do. TA-DA! He did perfectly fine.

Don't tell me that you haven't been that way before. Everyone was there at least once or twice before.

It's only because they are not experienced. If you are too busy to help newbies, then try speed or form with friends. 3nodding

This post made me feel better! I can never find the time to do DMS and when I do have time no one seems to be making crews. Therefore I've never been in there with a crew at all! I'm CL 10.0 and have every ring at that lvl. Fire rain ring is the only ring that I don't have at the moment. So my question is...

Why aren't there more crews?

Well I'm glad it made you feel better whee And, there are actually many crews. Most players usually come on a certain server, a certain time, or they just end up on different layers of that server. Maybe you're going on at an empty dms server, an odd time, an empty layer, or there really IS nobody there xd

Plus, if there is a crew available, it's really hard to get in if your level 10.0. The first time got a DMS crew, it took 30 mins just to find one that would invite me. 3nodding

Btw, shinju, if you need any help with DMS, I could maybe show you the ropes. If you need it, that is ^.^ seeing as you've never been crewed with anyone, you don't really know a lot. (my theory, sorry if I offend you in any way >.< I'm so bad at making statements.)

Oh, and good luck with finding a crew! biggrin

Vicious Cutie-Pie

14,800 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
To be nice. You can't neglect the 10.0s.
Vlll
happyprincesslol

Y.O.L.O = YOUTH OBEYING LUCIFER'S ORDERS.

twisted all praise the almighty lucifer. *bows*
Gemenice
happyprincesslol

I'd seriously love to see the 'poor' tank you're talking about.Since usually, I don't have the luck of meeting those.

I think it is selfish - because even a DPSer can help with manipulating aggro - but I'm not going to talk about THAT, because once again, you would pull out the noob card.

It's selfish because why do you think a person not having meat can't have other buffs leveled up? And do you usually ask "Do you have meat? No? Never mind, do you have any other buffs leveled up?" Somehow I doubt that.

If you're so concerned about lower levels, take tape. It would save them up, and I'm sure you can find a space in your ringset for it. (for example make one person take shuriken instead of knife, and wow, space there,since it's both attack and has the knifing ability on higher ranks). Hell or even SH. One SH for whole crew and no one needs meat.

Personally, I'd love to let you experience first few days of DMS. Perhaps your view would have changed.

How are those bad questions to ask? Do you have meat? No. Well, what buffs do you have? None? Oh wow, kicked.

And I'd seriously love to see those proper tanks you're talking about. Sadly not all of us may be as lucky as you to BE ABLE TO TANK YOURSELF and to not have to deal with settling for a meh tank. No one ever wants to tank and so most crews will end up settling for a decent tank rather than wait around for a good one which is why it's a good idea for CL10s to have meat just in case; this is a problem you probably never experienced considering that you can tank so in crews you probably volunteer to be the tank or if someone else straight out volunteers they're probably good as well as opposed to other crews who've had to settle.

LOL. I never said I was the tank. I was saying as a general statement that CL10's should HAVE MEAT LEVELED UP CL10 before DMSing. Whether or not they chose to have it as part of their ring set is their choice after they've tried it out, but in a crew where the tank may be new or they may not know not to stand by the tank or wait to enter a room having meat is a great safety net and it's not wrong to ask them to have it.

Yes, because everyone was here when SH was introduced or has 2mil to blow on it.

Why is it that people think they're better because they were here when DMS was first started?Yeah, we should just let CL10s enter DMS without a tank for nostalgia reasons, that'd be a laugh, it'd teach 'em lessons. Yeah, CL10s who haven't bothered to gather all their buffs will totally want to waste time dying in DMS. Plus, DMS along with other areas (SS) that require roles/a proper ring set has been around for a while, I see no reason why people should have to make exceptions for people with lacking rings and those who don't think meat is important because if they followed quests to some extent or the gold they would've ended up in GB where buffs/meat is needed.
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

let's haggle

1 dollar per life.
ill send over the trade right now.
8 dollars for all your lives, deal?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items