Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wrathful Demigod

18,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
happyprincesslol
More so, why the hell do people keep crewing them?

Like, someone explain this to me because I dont get it. DMS offers no real gold (compared to other areas all DMS does is drain your gold and time), the act of leveling up in YM is tedious and the shorbs you get are virtually worthless to leveling up your rings if you haven't even got the proper ones at least CL10.

I don't know who keeps crewing CL10's with all the wrong rings and helping them level to CL10.1 but they should stop. Can someone at least console me and give at least one good reason why I shouldnt yell at them to piss off and PS.

//rant

lol i found this looking for a guide on dms

all my rings are cl 10 but because i never got blood amulet etc i never got in dms when we were all noobs

I don't know which rings to bring,
have a vague idea where the entrance is but not been in,
one of you pros should make a guide and peeps can keep on bumping it up would be useful.

found one guide
At the mo I just dont bother playing
Melody_Music_Notes
They're 10.0. What do you expect? They have never been to DMS before, they don't know what's going on in there, and they don't know what rings they need. It's very common, actually.

Do you think a dog would know what 'sit' means the first time that you said it to them? That's a similair situation to a newbie's. If you don't help them out, then they aren't going to know anything.

I was in a crew with this person who was a total newbie to DMS. We just told him what rings to bring and what to do. TA-DA! He did perfectly fine.

Don't tell me that you haven't been that way before. Everyone was there at least once or twice before.

It's only because they are not experienced. If you are too busy to help newbies, then try speed or form with friends. 3nodding

I feel like we're talking about two different types of newbies here. I'm thinking of the type that just skipped straight over from PS and youre probably thinking of the type that at least went through GB and got yelled at for having no buffs or Googled how to DMS first (seriously. why don't people just Google this stuff).

It's pretty obvious to tell from TC what type of CL10 has all the rings (even if they don't know the proper set that can be changed) and one who doesn't even have 2 buffs CL10 and probably no other rings that can be swapped.

Why dont you speed?
Because people can't ******** speed, especially joining a random crew the chances of finding one that actually works is low. People don't heal, BD and NF rooms are horrible and tbh I'd much rather join a regular DMS crew and drop all heals and meat.
Why dont you make an all friend crew?
I play when I feel like, I don't want to wait for friends to come on, I don't want to change my IRL plans for zOMG, and I have no friends. emo

Hilarious Cat

9,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Citizen 200
People DMS because they're curious and want to try it, or, like me, they're bored and have completed all of the quests, but are not quite up to speed for DMS. The reason some crew leaders are accommodating is because they want to try and help newbies like me learn what to do so that next time it'll be faster, instead of kicking them and letting them try to find another crew, get kicked for impatience with newbs, try to find another crew, etc. In the end, it's just quicker to teach them so they won't be as much of a drag.
Xiao Huamei
People DMS because they're curious and want to try it, or, like me, they're bored and have completed all of the quests, but are not quite up to speed for DMS. The reason some crew leaders are accommodating is because they want to try and help newbies like me learn what to do so that next time it'll be faster, instead of kicking them and letting them try to find another crew, get kicked for impatience with newbs, try to find another crew, etc. In the end, it's just quicker to teach them so they won't be as much of a drag.

Now I'm about to sound incredibly pissy with this but stay with me:

1. If you're not up to speed to DMS and you know it why DMS? Like, I know you want the experience but obviously if all youre going to do is be kicked over and over again for lack or rings why not go do something else and GET up to speed.

2. This is my biggest problem, it isn't that hard to teach newbs and it settles down to three parts: these are the rings you need, these are the buffs you need, and the basics of DMS (don't stand near tank, do not go in until tank says in, attack what everyone else is and basically just play follow the leader and ask questions if you wanna know WHY people play this way).

3. Google is your friend. Why bother asking for help when there are more competent people out there who spent ages writing a ******** GUIDE for it.

Like, why bother teaching newbs who haven't even bothered to try to get all the rings CL10? They will always be a drag to another crew if they haven't got the right rings even if they're CL10.1. A 10.1 with like 2 buffs and AOEs isn't anything but a bother.

Adored Pirate

16,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
rolleyes

I only crew wit friends nowadays.
At least one. I need in the crew and im good. then we both can RQ without guilt.

Anyways. Sometimes i dont look at the character info or ask if they have " all ring at 10.0 at least"

So lazy. and i just kick them anyways.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
LadyDani
what rings do I need? I had them written down, but I lost the note.

An Exerpt from a guide I wrote when DMS became Public.
Quote:
Have these rings at CL 10

Hack, Mantis, Slash, Meat, Bandage, Wish, Buffs, Debuffs(Knife Sharpen and Adrenaline), and depending on your crew, crowd control rings like Quicksand, Scaredy Cat, or Tape can be very useful if you're getting hit by too many monsters.

Other attack rings like Hotfoot and Bump are good too if you want to be purely dpser. ^^ Dps means Damage per second / The attacker.

Hilarious Cat

9,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Citizen 200
happyprincesslol
Xiao Huamei

Now I'm about to sound incredibly pissy with this but stay with me:

1. If you're not up to speed to DMS and you know it why DMS? Like, I know you want the experience but obviously if all youre going to do is be kicked over and over again for lack or rings why not go do something else and GET up to speed.

2. This is my biggest problem, it isn't that hard to teach newbs and it settles down to three parts: these are the rings you need, these are the buffs you need, and the basics of DMS (don't stand near tank, do not go in until tank says in, attack what everyone else is and basically just play follow the leader and ask questions if you wanna know WHY people play this way).

3. Google is your friend. Why bother asking for help when there are more competent people out there who spent ages writing a ******** GUIDE for it.

Like, why bother teaching newbs who haven't even bothered to try to get all the rings CL10? They will always be a drag to another crew if they haven't got the right rings even if they're CL10.1. A 10.1 with like 2 buffs and AOEs isn't anything but a bother.

I get what you're saying and that's perfectly reasonable. Others may not be quite as reasonable though. ;D But I totally get what you're saying and why you're frustrated.

Rainbow Nerd

Seriously, I see the 'you need meat at CL 10.0" One more time, and I think I'm going to laugh.

Don't NEED it. It's preffered, because most tanks are lazy 8D

Mega Mage

*has read everything*

It's like reading raid chat in WoW all over again. xD Because of this thread, I am entirely convinced of being up to speed before I even THINK of DMS. That's what you're supposed to do before doing end-game raids right? You're supposed to do the research for your class before entering? That way you're not the burden on the group? I think people that make mistakes with their rings are people that have never played an MMO before, or have never reached end-game content in one.

*goes back to lurking*
Gemenice
Seriously, I see the 'you need meat at CL 10.0" One more time, and I think I'm going to laugh.

Tanks aren't lazy, they just suck; personally I don't require meat/heals when I tank because I don't happen to lose aggro too often only on maybe the first two animated in a room and I heal but sometimes it is better to require lower CLs to bring meat just as a safety net in case the tank may not be very good at keeping aggro.

Them CL11 wolves hit CL10s really hard and without meat the tank will have to focus all their energy on healing the crew or let them die because theyre too busy dying themselves; a problem lessened if they just brought meat.
twiggimmapiggus
*has read everything*

It's like reading raid chat in WoW all over again. xD Because of this thread, I am entirely convinced of being up to speed before I even THINK of DMS. That's what you're supposed to do before doing end-game raids right? You're supposed to do the research for your class before entering? That way you're not the burden on the group? I think people that make mistakes with their rings are people that have never played an MMO before, or have never reached end-game content in one.

*goes back to lurking*

But of all the MMOs to start out on, zOMG, really...

Ik for a fact that the majority of Gaians dont zOMG and those new to it probably frequent forums so idk why the dont have the common sense to research stuff first.

twiggimmapiggus
That's what you're supposed to do before doing end-game raids right? You're supposed to do the research for your class before entering? That way you're not the burden on the group?

^ that. newbs should do their own research on their own time if they want to properly play something harder within a game. like, there is no excuse like "theyre new to the game" because even if youre new to a game it's common sense to google stuff...

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Gemenice

Going to? I've been laughing at this for months now! lol

Rainbow Nerd

twiggimmapiggus
You're supposed to do the research for your class before entering? That way you're not the burden on the group? I think people that make mistakes with their rings are people that have never played an MMO before, or have never reached end-game content in one.

Funny thing is, I consider myself great in MMO's. And I play a bunch of them, from LoL, through R.O.S.E, LOTRo, DCUO and bunch of others all the way to SWTOR, and I never once researched my class. I just figure out which one would I love most when I read the describtion while ACTUALLY choosing, didn't look into the guides to 'what do you do in this or that area' because I wanted to figure out the basics myself.

I did the same with zOMG, and seriously, I never once had a problem with people complaining about the way I play. Maybe because I let them give me hints. Problem? People rarely do that nowdays. THey don't care if you're 10.0 or not, they just expect you to KNOW. WHich is stupid, in my own humble opinion.

Hell, the first day of DMS being opened to the users with amulet? I still remember the CHAOS. we worked together, we communicated and hell, we managed to work well with being crews of 10.0 and not having anyone to hold the aggro.

So no, you don't HAVE to research your class/rings/areas. You need crew that would COMMUNICATE, especially if they see you're new in this.

Rainbow Nerd

XPrinceofSpooky3
Going to? I've been laughing at this for months now! lol

I'm bit of late bloomer in his then?XD

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
happyprincesslol
Gemenice

Tanks aren't lazy, they just suck; personally I don't require meat/heals when I tank because I don't happen to lose aggro too often only on maybe the first two animated in a room and I heal but sometimes it is better to require lower CLs to bring meat just as a safety net in case the tank may not be very good at keeping aggro.

Them CL11 wolves hit CL10s really hard and without meat the tank will have to focus all their energy on healing the crew or let them die because theyre too busy dying themselves; a problem lessened if they just brought meat.

Or because if you have all low levels, they can be SO slow that you simply run out of stam if you have to heal them constantly. It's not laziness, it just keeps your stam up a little more. Seems to me if the crew relies solely on the tank to heal them, that is lazy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff