Destitute Hunter

10,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
Apollo Tha Prophet
Lord Dragonbane
Zephier
Well, on Gaia's behalf, we are sorry that they are making it fair for the newer members. rolleyes

:: Dear Humanity; I hate you ::

Fair?

Hardly. With the ring system they've stated that ring drops will be fairly rare. This being the case, merchants will pop up quickly and begin selling what rings they can get their hands on. Likely the best rings will be rare ones, and with rarity comes higher prices. In the end, those who have the most gold (likely those who have been on the longest) will still rule the BS.

And excluding the weapons entirely isn't "fair" either. They easily could have made it where all weapons start at a base level, no matter when it was released. Give them a minor special effect (like a flame sword doing specifically fire damage or something) and nobody starts off stronger than anybody else.

So no, it's not "fair". It'll still be very unfair. From what we hear of the ring system and the "rarity" involved, it'll be just like with the donation items. The less there are of an object, the higher it's price on the market is... and there will be rings sold on the market. The rich will still be the most powerful, and the way Gaia's economy (and so far, almost all of it's games) works... there's nothing that can be done to stop that.

What's not fair is that they released these weapons, and continually promised us a battle system for the last four years. Weapons and Battle System... how does that not go hand in hand. If they weren't going to include the weapons, they could have said so a long time ago, before weapon collectors got all psyched up. Letting down so many users like this... that's not fair.

So in the end fairness is fairly irrelevent. The elites will always be the elites, and one can only hope to claw their way up into that "respected" class. That's how it is, and that's how it always will be here on Gaia.

:: That is all. ::

Personally I still think they should make MORE weapons for Avatars, because after all this site was originally a ROLEPLAYING site, and I feel that the avatars dont reflect a good majority of the roleplays ((especially midevil and the likes))

We need more LONGSWORDS & BROADSWORDS, GREATSWORDS *NOT katana's stare * Crossbows & bows.
Wanna come up with their sprites & what not? neutral
well to all you haters... im not entirely against your or with you... im an average 16 year old boy who lives down somewhere in the U.S. my friends and i are pitching in togeather and we are going to start creating baddass games... my first project will to make a demo for GAIA GAMEING!!! it will be exactly what everyone wanted along the lines of having all the normal weapons, clothing, and items, and for gaia's sake i will add jewelry rings with "powers". it might take me all next year to make the 20-hopefully 30 minute demo... it will be MUCH LIKE Guild Wars & World of Warcraft. Along the lines of grass blowing in the wind... homes to where you can just randomly walk in without a loading screen or anything and just sit or dance, or jump or play an instrument, or even just well walk/run around... kill MORE monsters... *of course gaia will deminish on the monsters and create the ones GAIA wants* So once i get a screenshot of what i am creating i will get feed back from USERS ONLY no staff until i have at least a small demo out for the users and i get feedback... i am dedicated to making MONEY and to make MONEY the game has to be awsome for everyone! SPREAD THE WORD A GAIAN USER *vet* IS MAKING A GAIAN GAME!
Lord Dragonbane
Zephier
Well, on Gaia's behalf, we are sorry that they are making it fair for the newer members. rolleyes

Fair?

Hardly. With the ring system they've stated that ring drops will be fairly rare. This being the case, merchants will pop up quickly and begin selling what rings they can get their hands on. Likely the best rings will be rare ones, and with rarity comes higher prices. In the end, those who have the most gold (likely those who have been on the longest) will still rule the BS.

And excluding the weapons entirely isn't "fair" either. They easily could have made it where all weapons start at a base level, no matter when it was released. Give them a minor special effect (like a flame sword doing specifically fire damage or something) and nobody starts off stronger than anybody else.

So no, it's not "fair". It'll still be very unfair. From what we hear of the ring system and the "rarity" involved, it'll be just like with the donation items. The less there are of an object, the higher it's price on the market is... and there will be rings sold on the market. The rich will still be the most powerful, and the way Gaia's economy (and so far, almost all of it's games) works... there's nothing that can be done to stop that.

What's not fair is that they released these weapons, and continually promised us a battle system for the last four years. Weapons and Battle System... how does that not go hand in hand. If they weren't going to include the weapons, they could have said so a long time ago, before weapon collectors got all psyched up. Letting down so many users like this... that's not fair.

So in the end fairness is fairly irrelevent. The elites will always be the elites, and one can only hope to claw their way up into that "respected" class. That's how it is, and that's how it always will be here on Gaia.

Well then the weapons collectors shouldn't have jumped to any conclusions, and just went about Gaia like nothing was going to happen. I've been on Gaia since '04, and I realize how long these people have waited. But the gold issue is with everything on Gaia, sure, they're going to be able to buy the rings because they've put more work into it to earn this gold. I think your big rant was just ridiculous that you picked me out of all the people on here to rant on. I think your rant shows how many superiority complex problems Gains truly have, showing how ungrateful you can all be. Bitching about everything that comes out, whether it's good or bad just because it's Gaia. And what, you want the rings to be common? That's just ridiculous. The rings will give people things to look for, to collect, and to save up for. It's not unfair that they will go for a high price. Please, look at how expensive the MCs are. They are expensive because people were dedicated to Gaia enough to either buy them with gold for high prices, or because they donated, not expecting anything in return (until later). Go somewhere else with your Gaia bashing, it's lame, and expectable out of this kind of community. You're not cool, and I don't care if people say that you explained it better than they could of, you're still very lame.

Destitute Hunter

10,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
Sucidal_Boredaholic
well to all you haters... im not entirely against your or with you... im an average 16 year old boy who lives down somewhere in the U.S. my friends and i are pitching in togeather and we are going to start creating baddass games... my first project will to make a demo for GAIA GAMEING!!! it will be exactly what everyone wanted along the lines of having all the normal weapons, clothing, and items, and for gaia's sake i will add jewelry rings with "powers". it might take me all next year to make the 20-hopefully 30 minute demo... it will be MUCH LIKE Guild Wars & World of Warcraft. Along the lines of grass blowing in the wind... homes to where you can just randomly walk in without a loading screen or anything and just sit or dance, or jump or play an instrument, or even just well walk/run around... kill MORE monsters... *of course gaia will deminish on the monsters and create the ones GAIA wants* So once i get a screenshot of what i am creating i will get feed back from USERS ONLY no staff until i have at least a small demo out for the users and i get feedback... i am dedicated to making MONEY and to make MONEY the game has to be awsome for everyone! SPREAD THE WORD A GAIAN USER *vet* IS MAKING A GAIAN GAME!

Wow. this is just a stupid idea...

Destitute Hunter

10,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
Zephier
Lord Dragonbane
Zephier

Fair?

Well then the weapons collectors shouldn't have jumped to any conclusions, and just went about Gaia like nothing was going to happen. I've been on Gaia since '04, and I realize how long these people have waited. But the gold issue is with everything on Gaia, sure, they're going to be able to buy the rings because they've put more work into it to earn this gold. I think your big rant was just ridiculous that you picked me out of all the people on here to rant on. I think your rant shows how many superiority complex problems Gains truly have, showing how ungrateful you can all be. Bitching about everything that comes out, whether it's good or bad just because it's Gaia. And what, you want the rings to be common? That's just ridiculous. The rings will give people things to look for, to collect, and to save up for. It's not unfair that they will go for a high price. Please, look at how expensive the MCs are. They are expensive because people were dedicated to Gaia enough to either buy them with gold for high prices, or because they donated, not expecting anything in return (until later). Go somewhere else with your Gaia bashing, it's lame, and expectable out of this kind of community. You're not cool, and I don't care if people say that you explained it better than they could of, you're still very lame.

Though your coloring hurt my eyes, I extremely agree. We should ask for them to make rings untradable ^^
Well, I think that either way, the Gaia community is going to be unhappy, and a big long, rude paragraph of the majority's opinions is really unneeded considering it's in every topic. I think that it would be cool if it would be non-tradeable, but that would discourage people from playing. I think the way Gaia does it is going to be just fine. But if they don't make them untradeable, then I'm sure they will still be within a good price range that it is possible to buy them with just a bit of saving up, and prices will surly go down as the BS continues to go.

Destitute Hunter

10,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
Zephier
Well, I think that either way, the Gaia community is going to be unhappy, and a big long, rude paragraph of the majority's opinions is really unneeded considering it's in every topic. I think that it would be cool if it would be non-tradeable, but that would discourage people from playing. I think the way Gaia does it is going to be just fine. But if they don't make them untradeable, then I'm sure they will still be within a good price range that it is possible to buy them with just a bit of saving up, and prices will surly go down as the BS continues to go.

Well, the people would offer insane prices and make it rich only own. I think making it untradeable wouldnt discourage people from playing but instead ENcouraging because it would mean that the newer guys dont have to be treated like s**t cause they cant buy the outrageously priced rings people sell.
But when there's no profit to make, the medium-classed, or people people trying to make money could be turned off by it.

I don't think prices will get so bad as to make it impossible to get these items. I think that if you can save for... a KiKi or even a Flame Sword, you can get these rings from people. But you also have to remember, all rings will do different things and have different strengths. If they would have used weapons in this, then it would be the same way with the weapons. Fire Whips would be un-affordable, and same with items like the Demonic Pitchforks, and other things that would have a high attack power.

Destitute Hunter

10,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
Zephier
But when there's no profit to make, the medium-classed, or people people trying to make money could be turned off by it.

I don't think prices will get so bad as to make it impossible to get these items. I think that if you can save for... a KiKi or even a Flame Sword, you can get these rings from people. But you also have to remember, all rings will do different things and have different strengths. If they would have used weapons in this, then it would be the same way with the weapons. Fire Whips would be un-affordable, and same with items like the Demonic Pitchforks, and other things that would have a high attack power.

true that, true that.... neutral
We should continue this in my thread xD
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=4&t=29159439#1252278612
...wtf?
Why are people getting pissed off about the battle system?
They've been planning this even before I joined in 04.
Whats so wrong with it? o_O;

Unstoppable Seeker

15,325 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
To the original poster: you took the words right out of my mouth.
The battle system will suck and it will be popular when it first comes out then everyone will stop playing it altegether and go back to Maple Story, Neopets and Pokemon for battle.
We're not making rings untradeable...but we ARE putting a feature in the game that prevents a user from using a high-quality ring unless he first has experience with lower qualities of that ring.

In other words, you can't just spend a million gold to get the highest quality ring and then rule the school. You'll need to learn how to use the ring at lower quality levels before you can utilize your expensive purchase.

(You *can* still avoid quests by acquiring from the marketplace, but you'll still have to learn to use the ring somehow first.)

-- Q.
St. Michael The Archangel
I just don't really like the concept

GOOD FORE YOU DO WHE CEARE ABOUTH YOU YOU ARE NOT PAYING FORE IT OR ARE YOU
Trista Megami
...wtf?
Why are people getting pissed off about the battle system?
They've been planning this even before I joined in 04.
Whats so wrong with it? o_O;

BECOUSE GOD LOST A BRAIN SHIPMENT AND THEY HAD TO SEND PEOPLE WHIT CRAP INSTED OF BREINS IN TO THE WOLD COUSE THEY WONT MACKE HE PRAGNET LADYS WHEIT 9 MORE MONTS AND WHO WHOUD 9 IS ENOF

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff