Total Votes:[ 70 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Committee Staff Elder

8,600 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
7Gauge
I like the talk about the monsters dropping items and what not...but whats stopping millions of noobs swarming the areas and grabbing any pile on the ground in front of hard hunting people? And if the system is set to give the items to the person that kills the creature....how will fair group hunting work?

they wont probobly see the stuff in theyre screen
7Gauge
The first to kill thing is going to suck.... if that were the case no one would want to focus their ring inventory on healing and/or deffensive purposes...thus no one would work together and game progression will be slow and tidious...

If it is something you need for a quest, everyone in the party should be able to have one. Of course you would group together for quests. Not just help each other but actually start a group. That way everyone in the group is entitled to it.

It astounds me how people haven't thought of this, but I suppose not everyone has played an MMO before :]

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
World of warcraft maybe?

Killer of monster gets the biggest automatic cut of gold and also any lesser loot items (maybe the craftable and trader trash ones that are like body parts of the monster) will go directly to them and anything more rare like a ring would set up a roll situation.

I'm not someone who's for doing what other games did though if it's a necessary system and it works for the game then go for it.
IndigoRage
LOL
Why, exactly, do they call it Common Sense when so few actually seem to possess it?

Case in point: Scam PM's. Count the number of "I've been hacked" threads.

Case #2: The Marketplace - Any new event item: Within seconds of an event, the marketplace floods with items available to everyone for free, typically commanding sums ranging from 500-1000+ gold. What sense does it make to buy an item, when you can get 3 for free?

Case #3: Black Orchid Broach - I won't tell you how many I have, but it's a stunning number. I have paid, at most, 10 gold for them. It costs 500 to make one. Where's the sense in selling something for so much less than it cost to make?

The Wrapped Item scam is rather old news, and obviously you and I are smart enough not to fall for it. I'd say that would make us The Exceptions, not The Rule. And you know this has to be a considerable problem, since it has its own sticky in the forums, much like not giving out your password. As a matter of fact, this very forum has a Don't Give Out Your Password sticky in it, and I'm still willing to wager at least one new "I've been hacked" thread will appear today, because someone will get a PM requesting that info, one that sounds official, and yet is utterly bogus.

~I

Gaia admins apparently can't express enough that they would never ask for your password. Because people keep falling for scams.
the items will probly be on a timer for about a minute witch means the person/party is the onyl one able to see or get them till the timer runs out but no one knows and lets just hope the noobs arneth that lucky

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff