Welcome to Gaia! ::

Couldn't they come up with a better name than that?
I mean, come on, it's not even creative!
Anyone with me?
(Oh and, I expect flamers)
why do you care...?

Romantic Lunatic

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
blame the user that came up with it
Does it matter? It's a name.

Plus, a USER sent that name in, they didn't come up with it. They chose the name because Gaia likes to poke fun at things. And they are poking fun at how companies try to use things like 'OMG' to attract teens, when Gaia doesn't need to do that as they already have a bunch of them.

Also, the MMO isn't meant to be all serious(Heck, Gaia isn't meant to be all serious either), so why not use a not serious name for a not so serious game?

Green Smoker

It just sounds stupid. neutral

It's like, "Hey, what are you playing?" Oh, I'm playing zOMG!

Personally, I don't like the name choice.
It doesn't matter anyway, Mabinogi Heroes and Exanimus is going to blow all the MMO's away. burning_eyes
Simply put I don't think it will attract many people outside of Gaia, because...zOMG...just fails.
Now Ragnarok and World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, LOTR Online, all have epic story lines behind them as well as pretty big gaming companies WoW has Microsoft, so monetarily speaking, there is no beating it. They sound interesting, and zomg...just doesn't.
[fiery sushi]
Simply put I don't think it will attract many people outside of Gaia, because...zOMG...just fails.
Now Ragnarok and World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, LOTR Online, all have epic story lines behind them as well as pretty big gaming companies WoW has Microsoft, so monetarily speaking, there is no beating it. They sound interesting, and zomg...just doesn't.

wow, you cant be serious. a name doesn't make a game. it is what is in the game and who it caters to. no one plays a game just because of the name, they play because its fun, challenging, whatever.

i mean come on. this is a classic example of 'judging a book by its cover'.
to top that off, the majority of players who have consistently bitched about the name don't even have serious avi's. my point is that that is exactly why gaia chose the name.
It doesn't matter. It's just a name... What matters is how good the game is.
amyxdove
why do you care...?

Because it's a horrible name.
I'm going to have to agree, I was expecting something a little more...
nostalgic.
zOMG? What the hell?
I agree....zOMG? What is it supposed to mean? OMG WITH A Z?? I don't like it and it's annoying whenever I see the name.. rolleyes

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
Well, we can all call it Battle and be fine, everyone will know what your talking about.

I wouldn't have called it that either, but I'm going to play it anyway.
Sure, most of those other games named are higher-quality, but they also cost money to play. zOMG will be free. Yes, I do think it's a bad name for an MMO, but I'm going to ignore it and move on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff