Fay likes YM farming

Dark Light Doom's One That Got Away

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Keakealani
Hmm. So yeah. I pretty much solo'd my way to 10 CL, but now I'm kind of at a loss for what I'm supposed do next. I hear about things like "smob" but I am not sure what that means and nobody has really given me a straight answer on that... So... would you guys care to provide some guidance for a relative noob? ^^;

Smob is basically doing the first half of SS quickly (aka speed mob). Smeb is doing the whole thing. Its a good way to get some gold if you need it. Though, if you're looking to level your rings above 10.0 then I would suggest DMS. It is currently the only way to do so. Before trying to get a crew though, you should make sure your buffs are all at 10.0 if not all your rings. But buffs at 10 are very useful.
Darkened Fay
Keakealani
Hmm. So yeah. I pretty much solo'd my way to 10 CL, but now I'm kind of at a loss for what I'm supposed do next. I hear about things like "smob" but I am not sure what that means and nobody has really given me a straight answer on that... So... would you guys care to provide some guidance for a relative noob? ^^;

Smob is basically doing the first half of SS quickly (aka speed mob). Smeb is doing the whole thing. Its a good way to get some gold if you need it. Though, if you're looking to level your rings above 10.0 then I would suggest DMS. It is currently the only way to do so. Before trying to get a crew though, you should make sure your buffs are all at 10.0 if not all your rings. But buffs at 10 are very useful.

Knowing different crew mechanics help too.
Like the different roles each crewmate does.

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
Darkened Fay
Keakealani

Errr... what's SS? And actually, what's DMS? >.> I have my normal set and a couple of alternate buff rings at 10.0. I'm not really sure how to go about looking for crews for stuff... I do a lot of PS for gold, which is how I got all my stuff to 10, but I don't really know what to do after that XD
Keakealani
Darkened Fay
Keakealani

Errr... what's SS? And actually, what's DMS? >.> I have my normal set and a couple of alternate buff rings at 10.0. I'm not really sure how to go about looking for crews for stuff... I do a lot of PS for gold, which is how I got all my stuff to 10, but I don't really know what to do after that XD

SS is an instance meant for crews to complete the "First Chapter" of zOMG!.
It is located at a whirlpool top left corner of Gold Beach.
DMS is Dead Man's Shadow and is the latest expansion to zOMG!.
DMS picks up in Dead Man's Pass by clicking the gate where you find Stoocie.
It is the games most challenging area and it takes a lot of team effort with plenty of time to do.
Also, people like you are the reason why people get irritated at people who just PS for gold and to skip everything to CL10.

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
Binary Mess
Keakealani
Darkened Fay
Keakealani

SS is an instance meant for crews to complete the "First Chapter" of zOMG!.
It is located at a whirlpool top left corner of Gold Beach.
DMS is Dead Man's Shadow and is the latest expansion to zOMG!.
DMS picks up in Dead Man's Pass by clicking the gate where you find Stoocie.
It is the games most challenging area and it takes a lot of team effort with plenty of time to do.
Also, people like you are the reason why people get irritated at people who just PS for gold and to skip everything to CL10.
Well, I really did try my best. I solo'd the majority of the game because nobody would ever help me with anything. I got stuck on a few quests in Otami and yelled for days to get help on some of the group quests, but people didn't seem to be very helpful :/ I mean, I would love to learn more about the game, which is why I'm here to ask, but every time I tried to ask people in-game I'd just get ignored except for the people at PS, who were a lot nicer about explaining stuff. I really didn't mean to offend anyone sad

Dedicated Citizen

Darkened Fay
Cloud Strife - Legacy
aka: "Where can Cloud find some ppl that'll help him grind for levels in DMS?"

Fay likes YM farming

I'll note that. Add me? I'd like to host YM farming if I could >.> but I'm not decent enough for Aggro yet.

Keakealani

After Papa Saw you're meant to go to the west and find "The Old Aqueduct" which is like a big forest with ruins of, well, an old Aqueduct.

They have Tiny Terrors (These little Tiki lookin' spear-holding monsters) that roam about down from The Otami Ruins down this path, to fight the predator prairie pups, which are a colony of aliens that got thrown out of their home world due to another alien species infesting *them*, which you eventually go through The Star Portal To go figure out that that is the current case.

You'll meet up with "A Concerned Citizen" If you spoke and did your quests according to Old Man Logan, in Bass'ken lake.. This guy in a suit is basically the next person you work for and will give you your next rewarded ring for completing his quests. There is also Labtech 123(Which is rumored to have been the little kid that gave everyone the solar ray ring back when they had the subway for the beginning of zOMG, but they took that feature out.) and he'll ask you to do a quest or two.

There is also the Zurg followers, a group of space-conspiracy junkies out near the null at the top left of the area, and he'll ask you to do a quest or two for him, the leader of that little group.

If you want someone to lead you around, I'd be glad to, but at 10.0 I'm sure you can handle yourself. Although, killing the Predator Pup Commander was a task, even for me. Still, killing those bosses dead is my passion.

After that area, you can go to gold beach, defeat DuneSlam, help out the guy at the lighthouse all the way north of the place, go for a walk on the boardwalk and beat up the monsters there, and then eventually you'll be told to head west again into the Otami Ruins, which is home to the Tiny Terrors, Coatls, and Bladed Vases...and even those damn Masks that are really powerful. You'll know 'em when you see 'em. Otami will have you work for Blaze, Marshall's daughter, and go speak to the Otami twins high on the cliffs to the east. The blood tree is in the far north of the ruins, which will be a trek through a jungle, but most of the area is the side of old ruins, in which has the Throne Room, home of the "Giant Stone Coatl", who is the boss of the area.

You'll be lead back to Gold Beach, only to go down the whirlpool and pass the large hole from the Gambino event, down past the fallen Gambino Tower in the sea, only to find an undersea lab fortress, and to stop Labtech X, the final boss of the story of zOMG, based around the Gambino events.

Go look into the comics if you want to do your research about the stories, too.

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
Cloud Strife - Legacy
After Papa Saw you're meant to go to the west and find "The Old Aqueduct" which is like a big forest with ruins of, well, an old Aqueduct.

They have Tiny Terrors (These little Tiki lookin' spear-holding monsters) that roam about down from The Otami Ruins down this path, to fight the predator prairie pups, which are a colony of aliens that got thrown out of their home world due to another alien species infesting *them*, which you eventually go through The Star Portal To go figure out that that is the current case.

You'll meet up with "A Concerned Citizen" If you spoke and did your quests according to Old Man Logan, in Bass'ken lake.. This guy in a suit is basically the next person you work for and will give you your next rewarded ring for completing his quests. There is also Labtech 123(Which is rumored to have been the little kid that gave everyone the solar ray ring back when they had the subway for the beginning of zOMG, but they took that feature out.) and he'll ask you to do a quest or two.

There is also the Zurg followers, a group of space-conspiracy junkies out near the null at the top left of the area, and he'll ask you to do a quest or two for him, the leader of that little group.

If you want someone to lead you around, I'd be glad to, but at 10.0 I'm sure you can handle yourself. Although, killing the Predator Pup Commander was a task, even for me. Still, killing those bosses dead is my passion.

After that area, you can go to gold beach, defeat DuneSlam, help out the guy at the lighthouse all the way north of the place, go for a walk on the boardwalk and beat up the monsters there, and then eventually you'll be told to head west again into the Otami Ruins, which is home to the Tiny Terrors, Coatls, and Bladed Vases...and even those damn Masks that are really powerful. You'll know 'em when you see 'em. Otami will have you work for Blaze, Marshall's daughter, and go speak to the Otami twins high on the cliffs to the east. The blood tree is in the far north of the ruins, which will be a trek through a jungle, but most of the area is the side of old ruins, in which has the Throne Room, home of the "Giant Stone Coatl", who is the boss of the area.

You'll be lead back to Gold Beach, only to go down the whirlpool and pass the large hole from the Gambino event, down past the fallen Gambino Tower in the sea, only to find an undersea lab fortress, and to stop Labtech X, the final boss of the story of zOMG, based around the Gambino events.

Yeah, I did the majority of it. Like I said, I got to near (what I imagine) is the end (or at least the later middle) of the quests in Otami before I really couldn't solo it any more. I honestly have tried to get help but whenever I yell for people to help I just get ignored, so I figured people just don't care to help newbies, and I didn't care to keep dying on my solo tries. I really honestly didn't realize that it was "irritating" for people to do that, because I figured after get ignored for several weeks that people found it more irritating to help newbies. I was excited to find this thread because I thought people might try to help, but I guess I did it wrong?

Dark Light Doom's One That Got Away

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Cloud Strife - Legacy
Darkened Fay
Cloud Strife - Legacy
aka: "Where can Cloud find some ppl that'll help him grind for levels in DMS?"

Fay likes YM farming

I'll note that. Add me? I'd like to host YM farming if I could >.> but I'm not decent enough for Aggro yet.

I can tank. ^_^

Dedicated Citizen

Keakealani
Yeah, I did the majority of it. Like I said, I got to near (what I imagine) is the end (or at least the later middle) of the quests in Otami before I really couldn't solo it any more. I honestly have tried to get help but whenever I yell for people to help I just get ignored, so I figured people just don't care to help newbies, and I didn't care to keep dying on my solo tries. I really honestly didn't realize that it was "irritating" for people to do that, because I figured after get ignored for several weeks that people found it more irritating to help newbies. I was excited to find this thread because I thought people might try to help, but I guess I did it wrong?

Most of the time, there's nobody out there. Or they're too busy doing quests solo, or prepping for Throne Room runs. Otami Ruins is usually very *dead*, and even I haven't gone through there too often lately. Although you're making me reconsider that...Instead of hanging around the weaker areas, I think I'll hang out in the Aqueduct and Ruins in case people like you really need a hand.
I'm willing to help you with your quests if you want - Cloud is always willing to be some young girl's bodyguard~ :coughs: FFVII reference no one will get :coughs:

-ducks Tifa's shoe being thrown at the back of my head-

Anyways, I'll lend a hand, help you out and answer any of your questions about the storyline along the way, too. Me and my big-a** sword here gotcha' back.

[It's mostly that you should do your main quests, and then do the *repeatables* until you can't anymore, because once you're a high enough CL the AI's will recommend you move on to the next area, instead of offering you the quest again and again. This is most of the reason why people get confused after they've levelled up so far, and never get the chance to do the repeatables - if you lowered your level to about 4.0 or lower, Katsumi would offer for you to gather Mystic Weaves for her again.]

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
Cloud Strife - Legacy
Keakealani

[size-11]Most of the time, there's nobody out there. Or they're too busy doing quests solo, or prepping for Throne Room runs. Otami Ruins is usually very *dead*, and even I haven't gone through there too often lately. Although you're making me reconsider that...Instead of hanging around the weaker areas, I think I'll hang out in the Aqueduct and Ruins in case people like you really need a hand.

I'm willing to help you with your quests if you want - Cloud is always willing to be some young girl's bodyguard~ :coughs: reference no one will get :coughs:

-ducks Tifa's shoe being thrown at the back of my head-

Anyways, I'll lend a hand, help you out and answer any of your questions about the storyline along the way, too. Me and my big-a** sword here gotcha' back.
Haha, well... I actually have to head out and do something right now, but if you're around later tonight or tomorrow, I would not turn down a hand! ^^;;

Dedicated Citizen

Keakealani
Haha, well... I actually have to head out and do something right now, but if you're around later tonight or tomorrow, I would not turn down a hand! ^^;;

Understandable hun. I've got some fun to have since it's the weekend(Friday), so I'll be hanging out with friends irl, playing Super Smash Bro's Brawl (Yes, I still Brawl...I'm deadly with a buster sword as Ike o.o).

PM me or quote me here if you ever want a hand, and I'll tell you if I'm available. Still have to make delivery runs for my business y'know, keep a roof over Denzel and Marlene's heads ^_^;

:cough" more references as usual :cough:

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Keakealani
Cloud Strife - Legacy

No you did fine, ignore Fay, she's being grouchy. >.> And I think she misunderstood and thought you skipped out on the later area's of the game in favor of gold, which is does get frowned upon. But if you're willing to learn and go get it, you're in the right place!

We do help out actually, Otami is a pretty hard section to find a crew for, since the area is so remote. If you'd like to finish those quests up, post here in the evening times (for the U.S) that's when there's the most chance of enough of us being online to help. I'd be happy to help, I'm nearly always online about this time. Once you've leveled your rings up we'd be more than happy to take you on your first smeb run! (Speed mobbing end boss)

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
VKiera
Keakealani

No you did fine, ignore Fay, she's being grouchy. >.> And I think she misunderstood and thought you skipped out on the later area's of the game in favor of gold, which is does get frowned upon. But if you're willing to learn and go get it, you're in the right place!

We do help out actually, Otami is a pretty hard section to find a crew for, since the area is so remote. If you'd like to finish those quests up, post here in the evening times (for the U.S) that's when there's the most chance of enough of us being online to help. I'd be happy to help, I'm nearly always online about this time. Once you've leveled your rings up we'd be more than happy to take you on your first smeb run! (Speed mobbing end boss)
Hehe, thanks ^^ Yeah, I mean, I can sort of understand being irritated at people who don't even try to play half the game, but I couldn't really find anyone to help me and I just discovered this thread, so it was like... well, screw it, I could use some gold so I am happy to hang out and kill saws for an hour instead XD

I'm pretty free now - if you wouldn't mind helping me out, would you please let me know if you're still on/available? ^^

Cloud Strife - Legacy

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Keakealani
VKiera
Keakealani

Hehe, thanks ^^ Yeah, I mean, I can sort of understand being irritated at people who don't even try to play half the game, but I couldn't really find anyone to help me and I just discovered this thread, so it was like... well, screw it, I could use some gold so I am happy to hang out and kill saws for an hour instead XD

I'm pretty free now - if you wouldn't mind helping me out, would you please let me know if you're still on/available? ^^

Cloud Strife - Legacy

There's actually a dev meat going on currently, but I should be free soon. I'm currently in Barton on bladed vase.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff