Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
I went on a short 3 month hiatus.
Came back, found the z!F and found all these guides.
I read them aand...

I used to think YM were literally yellow rooms.
And GR was literally, green rooms.
I thought DMS as a 5 way sort of thing.
One room with 5 doors;
One to YM, GR, HPR, crypt and Bloodlust
I always thought things like "Damn, how do these people know what theyre doing?"
Then I started DMS around July... I felt stupid.

Discuss;
What you envisioned DMS to be before you saw it.

inb4 it was a Halloween thing

Shy Noob

I think DMS came out when I first started playing zomg, so I didn't even really know anything about it. I did used to wonder why everyone was slummin' around the gate all the time. And when they were saying "10+" "10.5+" "11+" it seemed like an impossible thing to get to.
sweatdrop

Then when I finally discovered the zomg forum I saw the elitist threads and the first people to craft the epic recipes and it was all chaos and it scared me away from the forums.
redface

Regular

The Halloween before DMS came out we had Jack hunting and that was where bats and Night Frights were first introduced. We had no idea how to defeat them without dying instantly so JK had to come in and help us. That's how we learned how to use scaredy and that's how we learned we needed cats and tapes going into DMS for the first time. Nowadays those rings never get assigned because crews have come to rely on tanks and what not. Now DMS has become smob-like

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
I wasn't the "FIRST" few people to play DMS, but I know I was one of the earliest players of DMS, back in november-ish-december-ish.

When I heard about it, I wanted to get in there so badly. I saw a bunch of shouts calling for 11.0 and people showing off how high they were. So I went on to level up my rings quickly, because it seemed like an awesome game. Sadly, I needed a bloodstone, so I had to quest for that shet xDDD

DMS seemed like a very hard game, therefore I wanted to get my a** in there and see it for myself. I didn't know what I was expecting, so I didn't predict what I thought it was going to be, expect I knew it would be hard.

razz

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
melloxkitty

Yeah
;w;
It seemed like the purpose for the game was to finally use rings that are hardly used.
Perhaps, to make it more fun and enjoyable to now be able to find a purpose.
The sad part of it all is that now this idea of "team work" is now compiled to only relying on one person to make the run easier.
I don't mind either way, honestly...I miss doing DMS the old fashion way.
xD

Space Genius

When DMS first came out, half of the z!F was enjoying TES:V wink

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Man. Those were the good days. When DMS came out, I was at the highest point of my life. I think what I liked about DMS when it first came out was that everyone was crewing with everyone else. I had never seen the community so united before.

Intellectual Lunatic

I went on a break like after they announced the new place aka DMS.
Then I came back and it was open in public. I was very happy.
I didn't envision it or smth. I didn't have any idea.
The first time I went in there I was amazed.
Like. "Woaahh!!"
Now it's boring. I wanna see Kamila!! scream
um how do people level up so fast above level 10

im a level 10 and when DMS came out i literally had no clue what was going on, and then I just came back from a hiatus and go back on to try the DMS and still have no clue what's going on
HAHAHA

But my goal thus far is to be 10.1!!!!

Btw, do you know any guides?

Intellectual Lunatic

snoopup
um how do people level up so fast above level 10

im a level 10 and when DMS came out i literally had no clue what was going on, and then I just came back from a hiatus and go back on to try the DMS and still have no clue what's going on
HAHAHA

But my goal thus far is to be 10.1!!!!

Btw, do you know any guides?

People play a lot. They level up so fast. Like me.
To be 10.1, you need 30 shorbs.
Search, "A Not So DeadMan's Guide" or something like that.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
strapping young Iad
Then when I finally discovered the zomg forum I saw the elitist threads and the first people to craft the epic recipes and it was all chaos and it scared me away from the forums.
redface

Oh man! Those were fun times. The Z!F hasn't seen any decent drama in a long time. emo

Leixandria's Husband

Malevolent Lunatic

12,825 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
people were so crazy on who gets to Kamilla first

z!f was filled with threads left and right.. its like watching a soap opera...
i spent more time reading than actually playing.. XD XD

and finding crews was bit different since you do need the bloodstone..

I remember when Kam was first killed.. it was like crazy news.. xd

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
melloxkitty
The Halloween before DMS came out we had Jack hunting and that was where bats and Night Frights were first introduced. We had no idea how to defeat them without dying instantly so JK had to come in and help us. That's how we learned how to use scaredy and that's how we learned we needed cats and tapes going into DMS for the first time. Nowadays those rings never get assigned because crews have come to rely on tanks and what not. Now DMS has become smob-like

So true. DMS was all about rediscovering the joys of the game. All the rings that were never used that gained importance. All the hundreds of strategies and working on different and varied. Everyone in the crew had a purpose and being successful depended on everyone carrying out their role to perfection. Now, it's been boiled down to using powerups and relying entirely on the tank.
snoopup

Here's some good guides:
x
x

Duck

In the beginning before DMS was set to public, I remember that everyone was assigned to have Duct Tape, Scaredy Cat, Knife Sharpen, and so on. Basically everyone had to play a role in the game, and it was challenging but fun. Now everyone's relying on the tank, and the only thing we were assigned to are buff rings.
To tell you the truth, I miss the old way of playing DMS.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff