For maintenance?

Hot Bachelor

Did it already start?

Fashionable Werewolf

6,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
No those rumours were made by superficials who pretends they have a site dev/moderator as a friend and says so~

Unless they put it in GAIA ALERT~
Pls dun believe anything~
They only like the feeling of ppl following them~

Click Me

According to this the site maintenance has already started in 22nd~
Jst pls look for the Site Maintenance part~

Pls do not make the fire bigger~
If it does come to it dat it does shutdown~
How does gossiping help dat fact?

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Buccaneer Boardwalk, which was abandoned before finished.

Broken quest after broken quest, some of which completely halt user progress through the game, that we were told couldn't be fixed because no one who made the game was left at Gaia, so no one had the knowledge to fix it (and now suddenly someone does?).

DMS opening to the public so soon after users spend hundreds of dollars on it.

And THEN, the story/questline breaking glitches in DMS that users discovered were never touched.

DMS basically opened to the public so they could put zomg in "maintenance mode" where the only maintenance up until this point was simply automating the cycling of servers.

And lets talk about Heralds of Chaos, shall we?
Or their facebook games that died out quickly? (One of which I enjoyed playing until it disappeared suddenly.)
Or Frontier Skies?

Or let's just talk about how honest Gaia has been in the last several years.

Yeah, I totally think nothing is going to go wrong here, there is no ulterior motive, and that in the end, we will all be happy with what happens. rolleyes

Clever Goat

D-Asian Dweeb1273
No those rumours were made by superficials who pretends they have a site dev/moderator as a friend and says so~

Click Me

There was a site-wide announcement about 3 weeks ago that said zOMG was going to be taken down for an unknown period of time "in 3 weeks" for maintenance. 3 weeks from that date is tomorrow.

And not to be confused any site maintenance. The announcement was zOMG specific.

Familiar Lunatic

D-Asian Dweeb1273

Here's the announcement Hildr's talking about, from Jul 10:

Quote:
Hello, everyone! As you all know, we'll soon be performing some important maintenance on zOMG! and its servers. We just wanted to let you know that in about 3 weeks we'll be shutting the game down in order to repair a critical issue that could potentially affect many Gaians playing the game. The fix will require extensive back-end changes to the game and its servers. This means that when zOMG! is taken offline, it may be down for several weeks as we address the issue, but don't worry: zOMG! will be up and running as soon as it's patched up! We'll provide further updates as we have them. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding!

We've made some fantastic progress on importing some of your favorite maps from zOMG! into Towns 2 as fully explorable new locations! --And to help everyone get around, you'll now find a nifty world map available from your Towns 2 smartphone.

...but don't take my word for it, head to Towns 2 and...

Friendly Lunatic

11,375 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
D-Asian Dweeb1273

Click Me

why is your avi noobie looking XD

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Robotic Chibi-tan
Buccaneer Boardwalk, which was abandoned before finished.

Broken quest after broken quest, some of which completely halt user progress through the game, that we were told couldn't be fixed because no one who made the game was left at Gaia, so no one had the knowledge to fix it (and now suddenly someone does?).

DMS opening to the public so soon after users spend hundreds of dollars on it.

And THEN, the story/questline breaking glitches in DMS that users discovered were never touched.

DMS basically opened to the public so they could put zomg in "maintenance mode" where the only maintenance up until this point was simply automating the cycling of servers.

And lets talk about Heralds of Chaos, shall we?
Or their facebook games that died out quickly? (One of which I enjoyed playing until it disappeared suddenly.)
Or Frontier Skies?

Or let's just talk about how honest Gaia has been in the last several years.

Yeah, I totally think nothing is going to go wrong here, there is no ulterior motive, and that in the end, we will all be happy with what happens. rolleyes

THIS

THIS SO MUCH

gonk

I'm simply astonished that anyone has any faith in their word anymore.

Battle-ready Bibliophile

41,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Party Member 100
In the zOMG announcement 3 weeks ago, it kinda seemed like they were trying to push us into Towns 2... my guess is the original towns will be going away soon too...which sucks for people like me who farm there and sell trash for income... on the side note...any theories about them converting zOMG maps to Towns 2 so they can justify when they take the game down permanently... they'll be like "Oh well they can still hangout in zOMG thats all the users used it for anyway" pffft lame.
Rainbow Sprinkle Donuts
D-Asian Dweeb1273

Click Me

why is your avi noobie looking XD

I was just thinking the same.

Anyhoo i think they will take it down and make it p2p, or they will take it down and say "ooo it couldnt be fixed so we are shutting it down"

Either way i dont think theres going to be a good outcome

sylfaerien's Husbando

Versatile Man-Lover

I don't really think anything too horrendous is going to happen. Part of me has accepted there will be a maintenance period, and part of me just thinks they'll forget about it and they won't patch squat. Mainly, I'm just curious as to who's going to patch up this "critical issue" if allegedly no one but the former zOMG devs team knew to modify the game past cycling the servers.

I don't really believe in the conspiracy theories. If anything, keeping zOMG as a game, even on life support, is only beneficial to Gaia because it brings in players that would otherwise not join the site if it didn't have an MMO (I know a few friends of mine signed up to Gaia because of zOMG). And I'm sure they know that zOMG regulars are really supportive of the game.

What I'm sure they /do/ know is that they can milk zOMG for GC if they wanted to.
I don't know if they have any ideas to make the game pay to win or pay to play but I doubt it'd be something they'd take on when they're just supposedly patching the game. For all we know, admins might be really cryptic about what they're patching simply because there's a security issue or something.

Familiar Lunatic

aerocoryn
For all we know, admins might be really cryptic about what they're patching simply because there's a security issue or something.
That's what I've been thinking too, however this makes me question them letting a big exploit floating out there for so long ...

Shy Browser

10,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
I don't believe it will be shutdown anymore stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers