Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Wall Street 200
RAWR.....i cant figure out wat mmo stands for!!!!some one help me heree
MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online. Those are games like World Of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XI where a big number of players can play on the same server.

Wheezing Smoker

5,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
Looks like someone needs to READ THEM STICKIES!!!
massively multiplayer online,why didnt you just wikipedia?!?
I may be repeating this, but MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online. MMO is also supposed to be followed bi RPG making MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), but MMO is the short way of saying it.
Basically it a game were you have to make your character higher in a lvl, making them stronger for example like Or World of Warcraft, Silkroad, and many others.
MMO used to be called Multi Millon Online before back in the days.. anyway just a phrase to let you know millions can adventure and play together at the same time on one big server
Ne0lyfx
I may be repeating this, but MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online. MMO is also supposed to be followed bi RPG making MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), but MMO is the short way of saying it.
Basically it a game were you have to make your character higher in a lvl, making them stronger for example like Or World of Warcraft, Silkroad, and many others.

For future reference, MMO is not short for MMORPG. MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) is generally added before acronyms of various game genres to denote that it has online play, and not that it has a leveling aspect to it. And I've never heard it called "Multi-Million Online"...
thunderhawk0
User Image
Itachi-kun-DarknessWithin
thunderhawk0
User Image

Are you like the frist perosn lacky or something..

*waits for the microwave to finsh*
Massively multiplayer online game (also called MMOG or simply MMO) is a video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet, and feature at least one persistent world. Some [weasel words] argue that small player-count games, with 200 and fewer players, are also part of the genre; the persistent world is probably the only "hard" requirement.

MMOGs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a grand scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres. Many MMOGs require players to invest large amounts of their time into the game. Most MMOGs require a monthly subscription fee, but some can be played for free.
BeachKidd
MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online. Those are games like World Of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XI where a big number of players can play on the same server.
world of warcraft and final fantasy XI are actually mmorpgs

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces