Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Sex Symbol

11,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Pan Andrea
If this data belongs to the zOMG elite clan shouldnt you post it in you clan forum rather than here? This all looks like advertising your clan to me.

This thread was posted in our Clan three months ago. I decided to make it public so that everyone can have a glimps at what we researched.

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
wheeee they moved it =D
a great guide uron ^.^

@ kokia lol no worries
Pan Andrea
If this data belongs to the zOMG elite clan shouldnt you post it in you clan forum rather than here? This all looks like advertising your clan to me.

Pan, as I've seen it, the zOMG! Elite don't seem to be able to create a thread anywheres without advertising their clan....For the amount of people that are already in the clan, they seem desperate for more to join as much as they advertise.

ffreddd123
Uron and our clan members spent a lot of time gathering and analyzing this data, it's not just some lame rip-off of any other guides.

And by the way you made that statement you made it sound rather elitist.

Anyways, I'm done here. Ater, just let them be, alright? You know how the zOMG! Elite is just like many of us. I'm not going to say the clan is full of Elitists, being I'm sure there are a few people who are not, but majority of the clan seems to be that way. Don't waste your time to argue with them, it's not worth it.

Edit:
@Angel:
Forgive me for my post, but trust me, it is to be my only post here.
Kokia Angel
Pan Andrea

Pan, as I've seen it, the zOMG! Elite don't seem to be able to create a thread anywheres without advertising their clan....For the amount of people that are already in the clan, they seem desperate for more to join as much as they advertise.

I was saying this because the title is "zOMG elite" that points to advertising thats all.
who cares... As long as it helps others...

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Very nice Uron. *sigh* I knew I should have gotten my rings up to work on something like this sooner. Ah well, such is the price I pay for dicking around in the Shallow Sea eh? xd

Actually, if you're interested, I once developed a test to find the luck boosts numerically.

It didn't work purely because I didn't have enough dedicated players to gather information for me. I'm certain that your clans resources could pull it off though. Feel free to drop me a PM if you want me to elaborate on it.

Oh, and @Posters on Page 2: Unfortunately, a thread like this is the main thing the zOMG! forum has been lacking untill now. Many have tried, but they've all fallen behind the updates.

4,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Does fitness boost stamina regeneration?

7,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Joodoo
Does fitness boost stamina regeneration?

Yes, by 1 point standing, and 2 points kneeling.

EDIT: To address the actual guide itself, I will say, I commend you all for putting all of this together, but as has been said, most (not all) information can already be found in other guides.

Many guides, such as Bria's, touch up on the charge level information despite that not being the main focus of the guide.

Z741 has a guide on tactics that I feel is far more accurate and effective than those which are listed here.

[Makata]'s guide to rings and things already had a list of much of the ring information you have listed. The only thing he is missing is the actual degree to which player's stats are affected by exact figures.

The actual stats and what they mean are already described in many other guides.

I would also like to point out that the devs fixed the rage manipulation bug.

Also, though Sira_Black's guide is somewhat out-dated, it does in fact have some very useful information on basic concepts such as G'hi and how enemies and other players con to you.

The GIM shortcuts however, I've noticed people to be fairly oblivious to at times. However, you didn't cover the "/me" feature.

Another criticism I have is the wording of "New feature! Class system!" portion of the guide. As has been stated by the devs themselves, classes don't really exist in the game, as you can change your set-up at any time to better fit your crew's needs. That being said, you offer some good builds that are used all the time. My only real criticism is what is in my opinion, a need to reword the section's name rather than the information itself.

Please note that this is not meant to be condescending. You raised a point, and I have simply tried to address it. Your guide is well put together, but lacks much of anything... not already in existence. My advice after having written two guides is to address something that has not been so in the past.

Also, it may be wise to remove "zOMG! Elite" from the title, not to take away from the clan's efforts of course, but to divert blatant trolling and flaming directed at zOMG! Elite itself. My recommendation is to link to them in an outside links and resources section.

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
Kokia Angel

ffreddd123
Uron and our clan members spent a lot of time gathering and analyzing this data, it's not just some lame rip-off of any other guides.

And by the way you made that statement you made it sound rather elitist.

Anyways, I'm done here. Ater, just let them be, alright? You know how the zOMG! Elite is just like many of us. I'm not going to say the clan is full of Elitists, being I'm sure there are a few people who are not, but majority of the clan seems to be that way. Don't waste your time to argue with them, it's not worth it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
♥♥♥
. . __________________________________ . .

I dont think he sounds elitist at all, he was defending (by defending i mean against that post *points down*) those of us who helped with create this guide. As Fred says, Uron, and some of our other clan mates worked really hard on this guide. 3nodding

. . __________________________________ . .
♥♥♥
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

AterAliquis
SykoCaster
AterAliquis
And this is different to the many other identical FAQ's how?

Hmmmm?

It's Brand Name.
wink

In this case, it just seems like a cheap Korean knock off of already well established and far better FAQ's.
Good work. Concise and as far as I can see, accurate.

Edit: Just read some other posts.

Although you might find most of this information in other guides, this guide lacks the tl;dr of most guides. {But of course, zOMG only has so much to research.}

My only criticism is that you used the phrase "Annoyer" in place for Crowd Controllers. I use CC plenty of times and I just think it's a bit degrading.

Revered Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Very nice guide. Pleasing to the eye and very informative. I very well expected all the "love" you've gotten so far for it, lol, but I will refrain from personal views on your clan. This thread is about the info you've posted and I think it was doing very well. So many other threads that have similiar info are out of date / buried 100s of pages back / closed. So its nice to see newer ones.

Keep up the nice work & I shall be back from time to time (my brain can never remember this info for long xD)

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
Naturally, I'll have to give my two cents:

First of all, this guide just seems like an attempt to set up a recruitment thread in the general forum. I move your attention to this quote:

zOMG Elite Guide, 2nd Paragraph
This tutorial/resources is amongst the most concise and complete zOMG tutorials available and it is publicly made accessible to everyone for chapter one of zOMG. All future installments of this resource will be done exclusively within the zOMG Elite battle clan.

So basically, you're going to require people to join your clan in order to gain more access to the guide? And wouldn't that mean your guide here is going to be outdated? As long as you get your members though, right?

Second of all, the " OCL = [ (8*R cool +(7*R7)+(6*R6)+(5*R5)+(4*R4)+(3*R3)+(2*R2)+ R1 ] / 36 " equation was taken from my guide, if I'm not mistaken. I've been since removed it from my thread in order to promote simplicity, but that equation was never "publicly announced" outside of my thread. So as it stands, you guys either stole it from my guide or you're math wizards.

But anyway, your posts are well thought-out and asthectically pleasing. I wish you luck with your guide.

All I'm saying is that one doesn't write a guide to promote something, but rather just to help people. I'd suggest you take the "zOMG! Elite" references and tone them down, as well as updating your guide in-full on the forums.

Oh, and I'd also still like to know where you got that equation from.

Oh, and by the way, to further reiterate the fact that you're stealing things from my guide, you know the lists with the attack rings listed in order of their damage potentials? Yeah, not only are they outdated (which is why I removed them from my guide), but you also copied them EXACTLY. I can tell because of the phrases " Attack Rings (in order of damage in a single blow) " and " Attack Rings (in order of most damage in a 10-second period)." Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but last I remember, I took those lists off of Qix's profile, but I *did* change the wording of the list titles to "in order or damage in a single blow" and "in order of most damage in a 10-second period" so that I could tell if anybody copied them from Qixter, or if they copied them from me.

I either want credit with a link to my guide, or for you change the wording of the list titles AND a link to where somebody in your clan discovered the OCL equation on their own.
User Image

I wanted to learn how to play Goof Ball.
I guess I'll go find a different guide.
Oh wait...
I like to be a sweeper tank because I take only healing and no attacks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff