Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Knight

6,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Using Hot Foot/Bow attack to cripple enemy emeny boss movement + DPS while while coyote speed kiting..

..looked like i was running and winning on my screen.

Once graphics caught up..I was dazed and wandering around like a fool.

Was a blemish on my bounty hunting ZOMG! Elite status...

And even till this day I am sick to my stomach by it. crying

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
strapping young man
After I got attuned, on my 2nd GR run I volunteered to be the tank/kite. I didn't tell anyone that it was my first time and I had only done GR/Kam once. I died like 3 times in the first room and I still remember it, it was one of the small circle rooms and it had a BD and 3 sets. It was really late at night and one person was like "Alright if we wipe again I'm gonna have to go to bed"

So we ended up clearing 8 rooms.
cool

Then I fell asleep.

Luckily it was pretty early on when people were saying things like "If you want to clear Green Maze and beat Kamila, be prepared to set an entire day aside!" and a few wipes were a little more accepted.

And I never told people "I'm still learning, please be patient!" or anything like that, I just pretended I knew what I was doing until eventually I didn't suck so bad.
rofl

You fell asleep on us D:

LLLLAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDD

Nimble Angel

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
Kiting became so integral for me on zOMG to the point that whenever I crewed with friends or had to attune somebody they always had me kite.

But I can recall times where some rooms (like toilet room) screwed me over, thankfully that wasn't too often unless there were plenty of bats in the room.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

For the last year I played, I was always the kite for my usual crew.
But I really liked to chat while playing and because I was always kiting,
it happened fairly often that I killed the whole crew while I was typing.
My sentences came out slowly and word by word.

I also had a death-room, but for me it wasn't toilet room.
It was that slanted path that had objects right in the middle with a ledge.
I never found a good path to kite there.
For some reason the game also thought it was hilarious to always give me 3-4 sets of bats
whenever we encountered that room.

And the way I learned to kite was:
I asked my friend to teach me.
And all he said was "Use your arrowkeys to move, not the mouse"
And BAM, I could kite.

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
How nice it is to have encountered this thread - there are some great people/players in here.
heart

My most singular GR accomplishment was probably this:

lol

GR was by far my favorite area of DMS, and I eventually grew to enjoy handling every role in the area.
While my skills were inconsistent and unrefined, I feel I made for a decent Kite with a tremendous amount of respective knowledge by the end of my Tanking career.

I found the amount of bats in a room doesn't really affect the the way you should kite a particular room, it mainly allows less room for error(while admittedly being significantly more intimidating).

The fundamental method of utilizing quicksand is to use it when you begin doubling back through the bats after you walk out of their range - and stock-piling rage into a passive was fantastic for this if you could manage the fingerwork.

NFs were a lot more difficult to work around, essentially being flying gas-bombs waiting to be Slashed or another mistake before exploding and causing everyone to choke.

Kiting the Toilet room was pretty easy with a mouse once you memorized the safest and reliable areas to click on - there is enough room to kite and keep a spot for players to kneel, on top of the room only having 5 spawns and free NF protection when it flies through the bowl.

I really hated the slanted one way room with a ledge
gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas