Huh? 0.10869565217391 10.9% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 92 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Militant Humorist

11,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
From now on the tank will be known as Chuck.

Perfect Saint

Mazelle
From now on the tank will be known as Chuck.

DMS! We need a Chuck!

How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck?

Militant Humorist

11,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
silent hart
Mazelle
It's called a conversion and it has been happening since the beginning of language. Words change. One of the most common changes is part-of-speech. This means a word that was, for example, a verb becomes a noun. It can remain both.
"The aggro" meaning the tank is a conversation that happened here on gaia. Undoing conversions is like undoing any change.
Good luck with that.

I'm not sure if you're talking to me or not, but I'm assuming you are since I made that comment about terms. I do know what conversion means, I don't necessarily need a lesson, but if you feel you need to, that is your perspective.

As far as what you're saying, I don't think there's a doubt in my mind about the adaptations humans make as language and words evolve.

But I do disagree in the sense that tank, and aggro, the way "we" as zOMG members use it, is something acceptable in this realm, not technically universally acceptable to those who are not used to this game or have never played it. If anything, aggro and tank are slang words in my eyes.

I was not replying to you. I was posting this generally for all to read.

There is no rule stating conversion cannot exist within a small community. In fact, that is always how it begins. I'm not saying it will spread, but here -- on gaia -- Aggro means tank. You can't unring that bell.
I'm going to aggro the aggro'er who aggros the aggro'er through aggro that aggros the aggro'ers aggro.

Militant Humorist

11,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
I_SlenderMan_I
I'm going to aggro the aggro'er who aggros the aggro'er through aggro that aggros the aggro'ers aggro.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In a relationship with b e a r y t o r t e

Thirteenth Prophet

18,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Healer 50
Sealandic Prince
Well it doesnt bug me much. But the use of terms can be better.
BUt i would hate to correct all the Newbies. Saying the correct term is " tank. " and it would make me sound like a Grammar Nazi?
No.....Dms Term Nazi? Does that even work? I'll just say. we are all lazy to correct the few....

so the thing is to ignore ignorance? if people are wrong, you dont correct them?
NO WONDER EVERYONE IS ******** STUPID THESE DAYS.

Thirteenth Prophet

18,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Healer 50
You know..ignorance is one thing. It simply means you dont know any better. But when you do know better and just go along with it, THEN you become stupid. Stop being stupid people ;o

Thirteenth Prophet

18,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Healer 50
Owlie
Wut Panda
User Image

I get a brownie? emotion_kirakira

.....Is that what that is? @_@ I thought it was a crispy sponge....[cakes are kinda sponges though...nvm]

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
azphyxxxiate
Owlie
Wut Panda
User Image

I get a brownie? emotion_kirakira

.....Is that what that is? @_@ I thought it was a crispy sponge....[cakes are kinda sponges though...nvm]

/plain_brownie.jpg

Militant Humorist

11,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
azphyxxxiate
You know..ignorance is one thing. It simply means you dont know any better. But when you do know better and just go along with it, THEN you become stupid. Stop being stupid people ;o

A proper ellipses is three dots. As in "...", unless you are ending a sentence with it and a period. Then it is "... ."

Thirteenth Prophet

18,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Healer 50
Mazelle
azphyxxxiate

A proper ellipses is three dots. As in "...", unless you are ending a sentence with it and a period. Then it is "... ."

Militant Humorist

11,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
azphyxxxiate
Mazelle
azphyxxxiate

You know, ignorance is one thing... .

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Mazelle
silent hart
Mazelle
It's called a conversion and it has been happening since the beginning of language. Words change. One of the most common changes is part-of-speech. This means a word that was, for example, a verb becomes a noun. It can remain both.
"The aggro" meaning the tank is a conversation that happened here on gaia. Undoing conversions is like undoing any change.
Good luck with that.

I'm not sure if you're talking to me or not, but I'm assuming you are since I made that comment about terms. I do know what conversion means, I don't necessarily need a lesson, but if you feel you need to, that is your perspective.

As far as what you're saying, I don't think there's a doubt in my mind about the adaptations humans make as language and words evolve.

But I do disagree in the sense that tank, and aggro, the way "we" as zOMG members use it, is something acceptable in this realm, not technically universally acceptable to those who are not used to this game or have never played it. If anything, aggro and tank are slang words in my eyes.

I was not replying to you. I was posting this generally for all to read.

There is no rule stating conversion cannot exist within a small community. In fact, that is always how it begins. I'm not saying it will spread, but here -- on gaia -- Aggro means tank. You can't unring that bell.

I can still try to unring that bell. I've tried to keep terms defined in the past.

Militant Humorist

11,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
Owlie

I can still try to unring that bell. I've tried to keep terms defined in the past.

Well, sure. You can try. But that bell done been wrung.

Anyway, it's Chuck now. Things move so quickly on the internet.

Thirteenth Prophet

18,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Healer 50
Mazelle
azphyxxxiate
Mazelle
azphyxxxiate

You know, ignorance is one thing... .

Sure is ;3 But pissing you off is another.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff