Welcome to Gaia! ::

Half way through writing up this thread I got the feeling I had written before....

You did. Good job on failing. 0.31707317073171 31.7% [ 13 ]
If you did, I didn't see it... 0.68292682926829 68.3% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 41 ]
1 2 >

Far be it for me to question the wisdom of the devs on a game I've never tried before, but I can't help feeling this sense of dread when I think about when Q said that various rings will grant each other bonuses like equipment sets in so many other MMOs.

Now while I appreciate that this encourages character diversity so not everyone has the exact same rings equipped, neglecting all others, till the next update attempts to re-balance and never perfectly does so. It also seems to me that it would encourage "cookie cutter build" mentality.

Quote:
This ring goes best with this ring, and if you equip otherwise you'll suck and no one will want to play with you.

Quote:
NEVER EVER equip these two rings together, you'll just look like a stupid nub.

Quote:
LULZ Did you see that guy's ring setup? What a stupid n00b!

Which, while "cookie cutters" mean diversity and everyone having a job to preform in their party, limits a player's creative freedom.

Which is a huge part of Gaia!

I mean if some one wants to cosplay a famous videogame character. User Image

and then wants to continue that cosplay by equipping say... A hammer and a fireball ring?

Will they get away with it with out being jeered and boo-ed by other players?

It seems like this ring set bonuses thing would inhibit that freedom.

This is all just a giant thread of idle preponderance and baseless speculation made purely out of a desire to breath new life into this forum. I have no idea how these bonuses are going to work. Hell I have no idea how rings themselves are really going to pan out when it comes to those annoying little details.

I'm just offering an idea on how things might go awry and requesting thoughts on how the devs might counter this.

Long-time Pumpkin

Well, I think there should be no bonus, just a way of weakening. So people don't stock up on three rings of mega-power and just spam those. Srsly, that'd blow. But keeping all rings equal would mean the whole thing would be as fun as box-boxing 4laugh
Lolicon Jr
Well, I think there should be no bonus, just a way of weakening. So people don't stock up on three rings of mega-power and just spam those. Srsly, that'd blow. But keeping all rings equal would mean the whole thing would be as fun as box-boxing 4laugh

Hey kids! Looking for something fun to do?
Quote:
YEAH!
Well have we got great news for you!

New from Conglomo Toys! ITS BOX BOXING!
Quote:
YAY!

Thats right! Its all the fun of putting boxes into boxes! Its like putting stuff in boxes but there no stuff, JUST LOTS AND LOTS OF BOXES!

Call now and we'll send you even more boxes for the price of SOME BOXES!

Must be 18 or older to call, sorry no cash or CODs,

BOX BOXING! Call now!

Warnging, boxing boxes are not approved for entertainment purposes by the FDA, using boxing boxes may result in blindness, heart attack, stroke, suicide, hemorrhaging of the lymph nodes, chronic explosive diarrhea, sudden chest pain, and dizzy spells.

Women must not use box boxing while pregnant, nursing, or may become pregnant.

Do not use box boxing and drive or operate heavy machinery.

CALL NOW!!
Depends a little on how those are made, if u need to equip exactly Ring x with Ring y and z it would suck.
If u are allowed to get a small! (not big!!!!!!!!111one) bonus for equiping only Rings that serve Casting or Close COmbat it would be ok... or if it does start with 2 Rings with a medicore Bonus and increaseing with more Rings slower and slower... it all depends.

Actualy i didnt readed anything about Ring Sets and i fear that a low drop chance on RIngs would mean hard earned Sets, still it could be nice if implementet extremly carefully..

By the Way whats the Point of useing 2 or 3 Attack Rings? I Guess 1 u use would be enought... maybe a second that u try to lvl since its "final stage" will be stronger makes sence but whyd u take a weak Ring with u when u prolly cant use both at same time (expect for "Cosplay" reason)? Ud just give away some Passiv Boni for a diff RIng ^^'.

Original Pusher

8,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Heckler 50
  • Brandisher 100
-_-
psh, you guys make me sick.

Everyone knows Box Boxing is so last week. It's all about Hobo fights, nowadays!
Naska-191
Depends a little on how those are made, if u need to equip exactly Ring x with Ring y and z it would suck.
If u are allowed to get a small! (not big!!!!!!!!111one) bonus for equiping only Rings that serve Casting or Close COmbat it would be ok... or if it does start with 2 Rings with a medicore Bonus and increaseing with more Rings slower and slower... it all depends.

Actualy i didnt readed anything about Ring Sets and i fear that a low drop chance on RIngs would mean hard earned Sets, still it could be nice if implementet extremly carefully..

By the Way whats the Point of useing 2 or 3 Attack Rings? I Guess 1 u use would be enought... maybe a second that u try to lvl since its "final stage" will be stronger makes sence but whyd u take a weak Ring with u when u prolly cant use both at same time (expect for "Cosplay" reason)? Ud just give away some Passiv Boni for a diff RIng ^^'.

You would have the hammer for melee smiting, and a fire ball for distanced nuking. surprised

A Mario cosplay would probably be something you only solo'd or duo'd with anyway. confused

Long-time Pumpkin

Redimus
Lolicon Jr

Quote:
YEAH!

Quote:
YAY!

Thats right! Its all the fun of putting boxes into boxes! Its like putting stuff in boxes but there no stuff, JUST LOTS AND LOTS OF BOXES!

BOX BOXING! Call now!

Warnging, boxing boxes are not approved for entertainment purposes by the FDA, using boxing boxes may result in blindness, heart attack, stroke, suicide, hemorrhaging of the lymph nodes, chronic explosive diarrhea, sudden chest pain, and dizzy spells.

CALL NOW!!

Silly Red, box-boxing is putting boxes on yer head, hands and feet and beating eachother up. S'no fun because there's never much blood 4laugh
Lolicon Jr
Redimus
Lolicon Jr

Quote:
YEAH!

Quote:
YAY!

BOX BOXING! Call now!

CALL NOW!!

Silly Red, box-boxing is putting boxes on yer head, hands and feet and beating eachother up. S'no fun because there's never much blood 4laugh

Pfft, whatever. talk2hand

You're just mad I stole your idea and am now making dozens of dollars off of it. stare

Long-time Pumpkin

Redimus
Lolicon Jr
Redimus
Lolicon Jr

Quote:
YEAH!

Quote:
YAY!

BOX BOXING! Call now!

CALL NOW!!

You're just mad I stole your idea and am now making dozens of dollars off of it. stare

Using mah copyrighted name on yer product?!~ surprised

Red, Red, Red, moneyplzthx!~ 4laugh
Lolicon Jr
Redimus
Lolicon Jr
Redimus
Lolicon Jr

Quote:
YEAH!

Quote:
YAY!

BOX BOXING! Call now!

CALL NOW!!

NEVAR! This b mai $37.62! U cant haff aneee!!! mad

Long-time Pumpkin

Redimus
Lolicon Jr
Redimus
Lolicon Jr
Redimus

Hey kids! Looking for something fun to do? Well have we got great news for you!

BOX BOXING! Call now!

CALL NOW!!

Then I'mma haff yer kitchen sink!~ 4laugh
Lolicon Jr
Redimus
Lolicon Jr
Redimus
Lolicon Jr
Redimus

Hey kids! Looking for something fun to do? Well have we got great news for you!

BOX BOXING! Call now!

CALL NOW!!

Then I'mma haff yer kitchen sink!~ 4laugh

No don't! I use that to do laundry. sad
If the ranged Attack is higher dmg and or hit n run works u wont need the Hammer, if the Hammer is stronger it would prolly turn out to be better to use a passive Ring for more health/armor whatever since ud just loose killing speed wasteing time with ranged attacks...

It is posible that 2 Rings could be ok usefull... but more likely it wont.
Naska-191
If the ranged Attack is higher dmg and or hit n run works u wont need the Hammer, if the Hammer is stronger it would prolly turn out to be better to use a passive Ring for more health/armor whatever since ud just loose killing speed wasteing time with ranged attacks...

It is posible that 2 Rings could be ok usefull... but more likely it wont.

What if you want to draw the enemy to you while dealing as much damage to it as possible and THEN use the hammer?

Or if the monster is UBER unbelievably freaking powerful but lack distance attacks and is slow as molasses?

Theres plenty of situations where having a weaker distanced attack could be useful.
people are sometimes retarded, in a sense that they take to pointless activity to make others feel bad for thier own enjoyment and self esteem. people like this have problems and should stay out of trouble by just keeping thier fat mouths closed. they can go eat onions for all we care.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff