Welcome to Gaia! ::

With zOMG gone, will you remain on gaia online?

Yes, the closure of zOMG! doesn't affect me personally 0.16734693877551 16.7% [ 41 ]
Yes, but I'll probably be less active overall 0.25714285714286 25.7% [ 63 ]
No - with zOMG! gone, I have no reason to stay 0.20816326530612 20.8% [ 51 ]
Not quite, although I won't log in very much at all 0.25714285714286 25.7% [ 63 ]
I need more time to decide... 0.11020408163265 11.0% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 245 ]
This poll closed on November 22, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shy gh0st's Wife

I actively played it WAY back when, but now? No, I didn't care for it too much. It was still the same buggy/laggy game it always was. I'm staying regardless of the game being trashed or getting fixed. If I wanna play MMORPG games there's tons more I'd rather indulge in. I'm here for the friends I've made, not the games. Those were just perks.

I knew it was coming though. rofl

Healing Phantom

26,540 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
Leraje Agares
I'll be staying.
I haven't played zOMG! in a while now.
It sucks that they've shut it down.
I was actually looking forward to it coming back so I can start playing again neutral

Same here, though, I kind of figured they weren't going to bring it back.

Spam6467's Wife

9,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Ugh, what a mess. What can I say? ...

I won't be leaving permanently, but I haven't been getting as strong an urge to log in lately. Sure, I still probably do it more than a lot of other users, but ... I don't purchase GC, I adblock ads, I provide Gaia with no revenue. I'm a leech. And with the shutting down of games there's not much for me to do. Outdated fishing that I still love (and I can imagine how it might feel for ZOMGers now because if fishing ever went down I'd have to murder people), skyrocketing market prices, glitchy and overused events (if certain holidays even get events), kickstarters that force GGs and community bloodsucking just to get things that should come freely or should NOT have been taken away, etc.

Gaia's not really that fun anymore. I'm liquidating most of my accounts for gold so I can get art and maybe donate in the charity forums, and then I'm basically here for fishing and forums. And goodness knows the forums are starting to look a little slow too. C'mon Gaia ... I used to LOVE dumping $20 here. What happened?
wreaks_havoc
iFaiji
Corinn
Scobre
NekochanXIII
Felis Hircus
Rabid-Turtle
So many people I met. So many memories. So many giggles. I'll miss you all! heart

The end of zOMG! shouldn't mean the end of any friendships. You should get Steam or Skype. twisted

Sparkly Fatcat

I'm mostly here to play dress-up, so I'll stay, but zOMG was the last interesting game they had. I feel like Gaia is sorely lacking in content, there's really nothing of any substance to do here anymore.

Gryyi's Girlfriend

Shy Duck

11,725 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
Hardly anyone will quit, become less actively possibly. Did you guys even realize how that one post about someone quitting and giving away items made most of the people who posted do? Seriously. Most of us are too clingy to pixels that we can't let go. Which is why Gaia won't care cause we're still giving them what they want. neutral

Dapper Tycoon

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Marvelous Miss Madame
Leaving for good. Ayone who quotes me is going to get an item out of the 650 shiny collectibles that I have, or if you want too, PM me about my 200 bil fortune. Giving it all away.

Im not even going to make these posts pretty.

******** you, Gaia. You ******** made me wait just to take away my childhood joy? Seriously, ******** you.

I hope you find something that makes you happy. I wish you well <3
Edit: i dont want anything at all.. give it to others! possibly a charity thread for newbies?
DARK SAYS...

I'm gonna stay and watch the site slowly burn.

I had expected for zOMG! not to come back but that didn't make it any less hard to process this information. I spent a lot of hours on zOMG! and I don't think it's wasted because I enjoyed it very much.
I was honestly very pessimistic about z!'s return but I did hope. Then I was crushed when I saw that announcement.

I'm definitely gonna miss zOMG!... as for the rest of the site, not so much..seeing as I had initially joined because of it. I've never spent a penny here because I have no money but that didn't really ever change the fact that I enjoyed the game anyway.

I still have friends here, and I don't really want to leave something I've spent 5 years with. The site is practically dying anyway. I'd feel so much better if I knew that this place is going to lose almost half of its users and supporters because they took down zOMG!

Solitude teaches...

Borg

As I said to someone earlier, we're left all dressed up with nowhere to go.

I honestly don't know if I'm staying. I'm sort of blitzed out by this at the moment.

At the rate things are going, however, I kinda feel like Gaia will close before I need to decide if I'm staying or leaving.

I'll return to being more active on Twitter, but I'll miss zOMG! and posting related silliness.

I really felt zOMG! was Gaia when I first joined. I don't know that I really changed my opinion, either. emo
Marvelous Miss Madame
Leaving for good. Ayone who quotes me is going to get an item out of the 650 shiny collectibles that I have, or if you want too, PM me about my 200 bil fortune. Giving it all away.

******** you, Gaia. You ******** made me wait just to take away my childhood joy? Seriously, ******** you.

Sorry to hear you are leaving, Marvelous.
I would be grateful for any spare items that will go towards my Shooting Star's Debut and Forever Moonlight quests. heart
Thank you.

Fluffy Bunny

Marvelous Miss Madame

Hello.
I agree with others, maybe you should keep your stuff, never know when you might feel like logging in again 3nodding

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
I'll probably stay-- But spend much less time than I did before.

I'm also not spending another dime on this site.. If I could trash the 202GC I have.. I would. classified_fu

Witty Shapeshifter

Probably quitting. Might pop in to put up a witty status or see how far this place has fallen since the last time, or for when Gaia finally dies out. Is it wrong to sort of hope they do?

I'm more or less on Tera now anyway, the game's way more fun, it's not p2w like Gaia, the world is gorgeous and the combat's great. If any former zOMG-ers play and want someone to hang with over on the roleplay server (Celestial Hills) after the upcoming level expansion and bum rush to level 65, PM me.

Still, zOMG holds special spots in my heart for being the first MMO I'd ever played in my life, and I will miss it. Most of my current friends on Gaia all stem from this game. With this gone? There's nothing worthwhile.
There is not much to do on gaia except chat these days. It's even hard to buy art now, which is another main reason that I came on this site. Sigh.

In a relationship with The_Darky_Sharky

Precious Nerd

40,340 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
zOMG was basicly the biggest freaking reason why I've been on this site for 7 years.
Now the only reason why I'm here is that I built something here. I met my boyfriend here... but that is all...

Congrats gaia. Congrats.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces