Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Businessman

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
Ok so let me get this straight...

Since zOMG is casual MMO that means dungeons will be open to all....

I greatly appluade this however....

This means a group of people could go to a dungeon and kill a Boss wait till respawn kill kill repeat repeat!

This would greatly affect other users and said rings being horded as in A MAJOR decrease in price.

Thus certain Boss Drop rings would be as worthless as Sponsor quest items.

Please stay on topic and state your thoughts.

Aged Businessman

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
Imagine what would happen to the Ring market ._.;
i'm sure they aren't unaware of this
camping has been an issue of any mmo games
usually some solutions is make the item non-exchangeable or just make the thing so hard to kill that it requires a lot of players and/or skill

some other tricks can be applied but i'm sure they have something in mind already

Aged Businessman

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
I hope your right.

Or else baaad stuff will happen
User Image

If someone else doesnt come along while your doing a boss, I feel you have free reign and should be able to stay there and do said boss continually, until you get bored or someone who has better rings then you comes around and starts to KS you.

But a way to stop it, which would frankly suck if they did this, would to put a rather long time for the boss monster to respawn.

Aged Businessman

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
Cannibal iPod
User Image

If someone else doesnt come along while your doing a boss, I feel you have free reign and should be able to stay there and do said boss continually, until you get bored or someone who has better rings then you comes around and starts to KS you.

But a way to stop it, which would frankly suck if they did this, would to put a rather long time for the boss monster to respawn.

Yes If respawn was longer less users would be able to fight them making the early bird (ppl who wake up earlier times) catch the worm(boss)
otherwise you have like 1000 people camping out for the same thing
and end up with a lot of disappointments

i just hope this game have something more than just quest
because we all know quest can be rather repetitive sweatdrop
User Image

Lawl, Good quoting.

I still hope they dont do that, frankly because I like seeing people fight over a spot. If you were there first then someone comes at the last second to take your boss, then so be it. If you cant defend your spot you shouldnt be there. You should go kill some other monsters, get a few better rings become better and then maybe you can come back and try to get a spot.

I hope it is almost back to back boss spawns, with a few minutes to rest or run off to change your rings, if you lose your spot if you run off you should have to fight to get it back.

a static respawn time was a primitive solution, because now people can just set a timer and come back

a better spin on this is a lotto spawn, have the field of monsters there you have to kill and a chance of it respawning as a boss when you kill it, on top of a randomized respawn time for the boss

this would spin off anyone who plans to just camp this same monster and hold a monopoly over the single item

no one likes people sitting and waiting for a boss, its like sitting out camping for the wii, no one likes it but those die-hard fans would want to get their hands on it first
User Image

Well that was what I was kind of meaning, kinda I guess.
I would like for the area to be filled with monsters and have a random respawn so as you must keep killing in order for there to be a space for the boss to spawn, there it would limit the amount of people trying for your spot.
Not only would they have to be able to kill the monsters that regularly spawn there but they would have to have enough patience or power to stay there even if they arent getting much experience if you will. Or be able to over power the previous person there so that they dont get much experience, again experience is a rough term, and eventually leave to a different server where a map is empty.

Aged Businessman

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
True.

However I fear that the problems my be the hardcore fans themselves sad

Say there was a boss that starters(I refuse to call them noobs cause we will all start like it) could easily fight and defeat.

What if that one boss is horded for its stuff and the starters are forced to do unneeded killing of a monster for the drops they give for equipment sweatdrop

So startes would nearly stay with their 3 rings and do retarded tasks to earn any power

If the hardcores start a ring epidemic I think Gaia could be under a state of panic.
User Image

Well if it was a starter boss then the loot it drops is going to be low priced as it is.
Meaning since there is already a low rate or ring drops that when it drops a ring the ring wont fluctuate much in price no matter how much one person hoards them.

The flow of starters will always be at a steady pace so that boss's drops will always be low.

And if someone is hogging a boss map, then one can choose a different server and hope for the best there.

;]

Aged Businessman

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
alright think on this.

Almost a million people play Gaia I highly doubt a mere server change would do a too much...

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
We have your lab report here.

Our five cents.

If a ring is worth a lot, due to rarity or for whatever, people will grind for it.

There will always be people in it to make a niche for themselves selling rare stuff.

Also.

Watch those gold selling sites start up bots to get a specific ring.

More than likely the aforementioned 'rare stuff'.

Sorry to say. We're HIV positive you have AIDS.
:/ The chance of getting a ring from a boss is like 4%. I don't think you have to worry about people hoarding.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff