Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did You Post Here

Nope just here for gold! 0.50909090909091 50.9% [ 28 ]
Sure, I might have... 0.43636363636364 43.6% [ 24 ]
No this is stupid!!!!! 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 55 ]
1 2 3 >

Hello All!
I rarely post on topics let alone create them.
I've been reading posts about the Battle System for a long time and actuall started my first guild devoted to catalogging info for Gaia Battle.
but enough blatent advertising

My information and wording maybe a little off but this is how I've come to understand the current info so please correct me if I'm wrong. My reasons for posting this is there is not alot of disscussion regarding this subject.

There will be use rings that gain experience on successful use of there effects.
Example: Successfully doing damage with a fire ball ring or healing with a healing based ring
That these rings have at maximum 4 Rage Ranks/Levels with there effects increasing upon each level, as illustrated in a previous info release with the "mantis" katana ring.

And there are basically equipment rings which will affect stats and becom improved by fusing different kinds of equipment rings.

My questions are as follows:
What kinds of limitations will there be on fusing rings?

Will only equipment rings be able to fuse together?
Can you defuse rings?
If you can fuse an equip ring with a use ring will it still retain its rage level or be required to be at a certain level before fusing?
Can You fuse on your own or will a special loot item be required to fuse rings?

TY
Are you asking for people's ideas?
I mean think about it
Just my concept

use ring for healing ten HP---=ring for healing twenty HP!
+use ring for healing ten HP/
or
use ring for healing ten HP--=use ring for healing ten HP & curing poisen
+use ring for curing poisen/

but it doesn't stop there!
equip ring for ten plus to accuracy=more accurate use ring for fire ball
+use ring for fire ball/

there are so many combinations that if they were to work it like this the games level of customization for individual character could very well be endless!
My response to Shimarr's question
More like asking if my information is correct and if anyone has any answers to my questions.
But ideas are cool too!
Dow Slain
More like asking if my information is correct and if anyone has any answers to my questions.
But ideas are cool too!

No one knows how ring fusion will work.

5,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
Dow Slain
I mean think about it
Just my concept

use ring for healing ten HP---=ring for healing twenty HP!
+use ring for healing ten HP/
or
use ring for healing ten HP--=use ring for healing ten HP & curing poisen
+use ring for curing poisen/

but it doesn't stop there!
equip ring for ten plus to accuracy=more accurate use ring for fire ball
+use ring for fire ball/

there are so many combinations that if they were to work it like this the games level of customization for individual character could very well be endless!

as interesting of an idea as that is, i think there will have to be certain limitations so it's not like people can keep fusing rings over and over for a super ring (maybe like a limit of 3-4 ring mixing, fireball + 2 10% accuracy increase + 5% damage increase). Because if you could keep mixing rings together theres no stopping someone from having something like, a fireball ring mixed with 10 10% accuracy, damage, speed, regeneration etc. increase
Shimarr
Dow Slain
But ideas are cool too!

No one knows how ring fusion will work.

Thats the fun of discussing it and sharing our individual idea's and concepts of how it will work.
Determined of course by what small amounts of information that has been released to date.
Fuji Shintora

as interesting of an idea as that is, i think there will have to be certain limitations so it's not like people can keep fusing rings over and over for a super ring (maybe like a limit of 3-4 ring mixing, fireball + 2 10% accuracy increase + 5% damage increase). Because if you could keep mixing rings together theres no stopping someone from having something like, a fireball ring mixed with 10 10% accuracy, damage, speed, regeneration etc. increase

True at some point a limitation has to be set.
Otherwise all powerful rings would be made and everyone would lose interest after the game becomes to broken.
My only questions are if my information stated above is correct, and more importantly going over the currently released information where is the limitation?
One last question before I go back to running my guild and probably ignoring this topic for as long as possible.

According to information previously released.
Certain rings fall into catagories and using rings of opposing catagories can lead to some serious drawbacks.

Will equip rings fall into such catagories?
Are there rings that fall into multiple catagories?
Can you fuse rings that are from different catagories?

And finally a question not related to catagories
With the acknowledgement that ring fusion will have a limitation at some point I ask the following
Are there rings that require multiple rings to fuse?
Such as a specific rings that can only be made by fusing not just two rings together but several at once!
OH come on more people voted then posted come on guys!
No one else is interested in this subject at all?

Dedicated Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'm still trying to figure where you read about ring fusion. I've never heard of it before, or did I miss something from one of the info pages?

I don't know if ring fusion is a good idea. If you add an ability from one ring to another, it is pretty much the same as equipping extra rings. Which would defeat the purpose of having a cap of eight equipped rings. Putting a cap on how many abilities you could use at one time would force people to be more creative about which abilities they choose. Needless to say, I think less is more. wink
is there other weapon?......

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
So are you saying that two rings that have the same effect added together would stack effects?

That may be overpowered if someone equips all fireball rings or something.

Though I'd like the system be based more on finding good combo's with rings that work off each other with their separate skills.

I support the original idea from the team that certain rings added together would give you a special effect like better resistance to fire attacks or something like that.

Also we have a more available team of information gatherers who don't hide our info in a guild, we make it available to the entire forum and hang off of every information release even if it's a sort of implied read-between-the-lines leak from Q. Trust us, we've got it handled unless you'd like to join our swarthy crew.

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
Does it change colors with your mood? I'd like one of those.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff