Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Slayer

23,315 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Regular Attendee 100
  • Super Fan 250
i feel as if a piece of me is missing now
1st market prices, 10-12 gaia cash updates a day, gold generators, paying gold and gaia cash just to play in the Halloween event and now this

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Meguriuta
Reiko Iwamaru
I wanna DMS so badly but guess what...can't...because Gaia pulled the ******** plug..

It's just terrible and like this as well! I'd rather have a "shut down deadline" than this maintenance BS. If you had a feeling it was impossible, then why attempt. Stupid Gaia with your back handedness.

They could have put zOMG! back up and said "it couldn't be fixed, and a new game should replace it so we're giving you till so and so to play your heart out until we shut it down".

So. ********. Pissed.

Magical Senshi

User Image
                                  i have two shs, 5 srs and ffs on this ac, in total i have 8 srs and ffs, i don't want to know what i should do with this. i just can't... meg (of course you are reading this, stalker) and my, you probably don't know me well enough, but i am a hoarder. i can't part with these memories.. crying

______________________________ .}CAIMBRIE

Myrielle

Tenacious Sage

Reiko Iwamaru
    Meguriuta
    Reiko Iwamaru
    I wanna DMS so badly but guess what...can't...because Gaia pulled the ******** plug..

It's just terrible and like this as well! I'd rather have a "shut down deadline" than this maintenance BS. If you had a feeling it was impossible, then why attempt. Stupid Gaia with your back handedness.

They could have put zOMG! back up and said "it couldn't be fixed, and a new game should replace it so we're giving you till so and so to play your heart out until we shut it down".

So. ********. Pissed.

The annoying thing about Gaia is that they only xare about the avvies which get dull eventually. This adiministration would never touch complex games if they can help it. The cheaper the better. I can't while for this CEO to get fired mad

Agile Noob

Meguriuta
    Well looks like our conspiracy theorists were right, this maintanence was just a giant ruse to kill it

Announcement
    As many of you know we shut down zOMG! to perform critical repairs to the game servers. Particularly we were addressing some critical vulnerabilities in the server infrastructure. We could not give a specific repair completion date because the extent of what systems the repairs would make to the game were unknown. Sadly, the changes needed were extensive and due to both hardware and Engineering limitations we had to make the tough call not to proceed. This means our beloved zOMG! MMO will not be making a triumphant return.

We will have an update for you next Wednesday regarding recipes, your existing rings, and other zOMG exclusive elements. To all of our loyal zOMG'ers, we wish to thank you for years of loyal support. Over the next couple weeks we will be holding various contests to help commemorate and celebrate your favorite moments in the game. In fact, we have our first one starting, just check it out below! zOMG! was an exciting journey into a whole new world of fun and excitement.

Anouncement Link

God I'm gonna miss this. This was my entertainment and my source of 99% of my friends list. Gaia isn't Gaia without it.

So:
    WAAHHHH ******** YOU GAIA
    Time to move on?
    Damnit I never got Abuse

Yeah I've told my friends a lot about that maintenance, that it's just a sly method to shut down zOMG, and even told them even buying power ups, it's simply useless, because this event, is simply inevitable. zOMG is the only thing that drive me to come and stay on Gaia. Now I have lost my purpose. So, yeah time to move on would be the best

Shy Receiver

11,200 Points
    • Evolution Debut 250
    • Vicious Spirit 250
    • Hellraiser 500
    I felt like that took forever to type up lol rofl

Perfect Saint

Caimbrie
    User Image
                                    i have two shs, 5 srs and ffs on this ac, in total i have 8 srs and ffs, i don't want to know what i should do with this. i just can't... meg (of course you are reading this, stalker) and my, you probably don't know me well enough, but i am a hoarder. i can't part with these memories.. crying

Myrielle
      emotion_brofist zOMG hoarders unite.

Shy Receiver

11,200 Points
      • Evolution Debut 250
      • Vicious Spirit 250
      • Hellraiser 500
      Myrielle
      Caimbrie
      User Image

Myrielle
        emotion_brofist zOMG hoarders unite.

I cant even think of how much stuff I had on there. I am going to miss my Fortune's Favor and Sugar Rush rings most of all (Not you Scarecrow!)

Tasty Treat

13,225 Points
        • Battle: Rogue 100
        • Team Jacob 100
        • Falling For You 25
        Gaia just keeps on going downhill. I miss when this place was fun.. Even the forums have become boring. zOMG brought enjoyment to Gaia. If things keep going on like this, I'll have to leave Gaia for good. I'm very disappointed.

Shy Receiver

11,200 Points
        • Evolution Debut 250
        • Vicious Spirit 250
        • Hellraiser 500
        Well everyone knows my opinion on the subject lol
        Everything being said about how they handled this aside I will miss zOMG! for its fond memories, friendships created and gameplay side. I enjoyed it. I won't hold my breath for a new mmo to come for this site like some people suggested might happen. I read a post about someone whining about everyone whining that zOMG! was going down and they mentioned that just because zOMG! is going down doesn't mean they aren't coming out with something new.

Face it, if they couldn't afford to maintain staff and fixes and maintenance on zOMG! what makes anyone in their right mind think that there will be another mmo. Creating one is more expensive than actually maintaining one depending on the audience and users. If they simply don't have the capital to invest in fixing the current game then the chances of them coming out with another one is pretty much nil.

I won't say that it is impossible but if I held my breath for something like that I would pass out from lack of oxygen first
        time to stop donating to gaia.they killed there best hangout for users now.

Magical Senshi

User Image
                                        forever, oh my lord.. kumbaya.... crying

Myrielle

Desirable Cutie-Pie

Hm, I wonder whether they can't bring zOMG back up because of work-related issues or because of Lanzer's departure--after all he is the patent holder. Certainly they could restore zOMG from a back up if they want to return it to us.
          La Dame de Glace
          Hm, I wonder whether they can't bring zOMG back up because of work-related issues or because of Lanzer's departure--after all he is the patent holder. Certainly they could restore zOMG from a back up if they want to return it to us.

you could be right... lanzer hasn't even been on the site since 10/19/14 ... go figure User Image
          But like with everything gaia staff does, they don't give a damn about their site members; it's all about making money.

Desirable Cutie-Pie

Quibuz
          La Dame de Glace

you could be right... lanzer hasn't even been on the site since 10/19/14 ... go figure User Image
          But like with everything gaia staff does, they don't give a damn about their site members; it's all about making money.

ikr, they will probably turn all the items needed for alchemy into cash shop or GoFusion items. You have to buy bundles to get the rare charms to make so many of the items. It's all about $$$, not about fun.

Quick Reply

Submit
          Manage Your Items
          Other Stuff
          Get GCash
          Offers
          Get Items
          More Items
          Where Everyone Hangs Out
          Other Community Areas
          Virtual Spaces
          Fun Stuff