• Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
I_SlenderMan_I
A Random Act of Terror
Aileeya
Apple Blossom19
Yar............ cat_emo

My youngest is that age...she's in 4th grade now--she heard about what happened at school. Her teacher was discussing some "new rules" they'll be following from now on. What irks me is that almost all of the things that can be implemented at her school--were already in place at Sandy Hook Elementary. The one thing that was not in place of course was someone inside the school being armed. IMNSHO, we need to start encouraging parents, or grandparents of kids who attend even elementary schools to volunteer on a daily basis and come packin'. Another option I think (in my not so humble opinion) that needs to be on the table (so to speak) is to put several staff members of every single school in this country through the FBI's training course for firing a weapon in a school setting--and REQUIRE several staff members to be carrying a holstered weapon at all times. We could even rotate the duty.

Once it gets out that every single school in this country had several staff members who were required to be carrying a gun on their body---I guarantee you, these school shootings will either cease altogether, or at least be stopped a helluvalot sooner.

20 kids.

Twenty little children.

Twenty kids is how long it took the police to get there.

I'd rather not see parents allowed to carry a weapon on school grounds. sweatdrop

However, I agree that at least 1 teacher per hall-way should be packing heat, as well as the principals/assistant principals.

Well ain't that the thinking of an American?
So this is how our youth goes through, violence no matter what you do to try and stop it you're only making it worse.
But having firearms ready and holstered on school grounds is just a bad idea.

You're not going to stop violence, mate.

Those who want guns removed just want to hide behind a curtain instead of dealing with the issue.

You can't blame "society" every time someone does something wrong, and you can't blame guns, since beefing up gun control isn't going to stop someone who doesn't give .25 shits about the law from buying an unmarked gun off the streets.

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Aileeya
Apple Blossom19
Yar............ cat_emo

My youngest is that age...she's in 4th grade now--she heard about what happened at school. Her teacher was discussing some "new rules" they'll be following from now on. What irks me is that almost all of the things that can be implemented at her school--were already in place at Sandy Hook Elementary. The one thing that was not in place of course was someone inside the school being armed. IMNSHO, we need to start encouraging parents, or grandparents of kids who attend even elementary schools to volunteer on a daily basis and come packin'. Another option I think (in my not so humble opinion) that needs to be on the table (so to speak) is to put several staff members of every single school in this country through the FBI's training course for firing a weapon in a school setting--and REQUIRE several staff members to be carrying a holstered weapon at all times. We could even rotate the duty.

Once it gets out that every single school in this country had several staff members who were required to be carrying a gun on their body---I guarantee you, these school shootings will either cease altogether, or at least be stopped a helluvalot sooner.

20 kids.

Twenty little children.

Twenty kids is how long it took the police to get there.

Or you could just impose stricter gun laws? Oh wait..I forgot. You Americans can't do without firearms. rolleyes
How did we pass natural selection?
If we have to be so insecure about each other, because of human nature, that we would have to arm ourselves then isn't that just dandy?
Having guns around are just going to scare people and have them react like a cornered animal. There is no way to fix this issue because it is human nature. Some people feel it stronger others not so much. Maybe 12/21/12 will be natural selection when "God" scraps this flawed and fragile being and make something more refined in a way.
I don't care what you think or if I'm over thinking it, bottom line is that you won't be able to fix human nature and arming people are only going to make things worse.
Much like you can't fix lag.

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Silk Kanishk

Or you could just impose stricter gun laws? Oh wait..I forgot. You Americans can't do without firearms. rolleyes

WHEN will you liberal minded folk LEARN?!?!?

That school HAD the toughest "gun law" it could ----NO GUNS. This simply meant that when this 20yr old mentally ill guy took his parents guns--he had NO ONE there to PROTECT the babies he callously, or delusionally killed.

"Strict gun laws" ONLY affect the law abiding.

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I_SlenderMan_I
If we have to be so insecure about each other, because of human nature, that we would have to arm ourselves then isn't that just dandy?
Having guns around are just going to scare people and have them react like a cornered animal. There is no way to fix this issue because it is human nature. Some people feel it stronger others not so much. Maybe 12/21/12 will be natural selection when "God" scraps this flawed and fragile being and make something more refined in a way.
I don't care what you think or if I'm over thinking it, bottom line is that you won't be able to fix human nature and arming people are only going to make things worse.

You keep saying that; that having someone there who had a gun and a mind to defend those children wouldn't have helped--in fact would only have made it worse---but like I've tried to ask you already---SHOW ME.

Put forth SOME logic. I have. Your thinking is as clear as mud.

"Having guns around are just going to scare people and have them react like a cornered animal."

Oh--is this how you act on an airplane--where there's bound to be at least one Air Marshall?

Is this how you react when you walk into a WalMart, where there's almost always at least one or two officers close to the entrance? Or how you act in a Donut shop??? rofl

Do you cower in a corner every single time you enter a federal building? When asked to sign in at an office with security guards---do you begin to quake in your boots--or do you simply sign the dang paper?

I've got 3 kids who've managed to enter a high school on a DAILY basis for YEARS who never even once felt "like a cornered animal" as they passed the police officer each and every single morning as he stood by the main entrance--nor when driving past him as he directs traffic at the end of the day.

What you have just said is ridiculously over emotional and has NO basis in reality. Man up a little and start USING that brain G*d gave you.
Aileeya
Silk Kanishk

That school HAD the toughest "gun law" it could ----NO GUNS. This simply meant that when this 20yr old mentally ill guy took his parents guns--he had NO ONE there to PROTECT the babies he callously, or delusionally killed.

Then the whole ordeal was the parents fault, They were the ones to possess firearms and therefore it is always implied that they acknowledge gun safety. They are also responsible for their offspring no matter how old or far away they may be they're still a family. The situation could have been avoided had the parents exercised stricter safety of possessing firearms.
Also, they could've done something about their mentally ill child and know ahead that having firearms around them is beyond safe.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Aileeya
Silk Kanishk

You're assuming here the parents of the shooter weren't law abiding. o 3o
Aileeya
I_SlenderMan_I

You keep saying that; that having someone there who had a gun and a mind to defend those children wouldn't have helped--in fact would only have made it worse---but like I've tried to ask you already---SHOW ME.

Put forth SOME logic. I have. Your thinking is as clear as mud.

"Having guns around are just going to scare people and have them react like a cornered animal."

Oh--is this how you act on an airplane--where there's bound to be at least one Air Marshall?

Is this how you react when you walk into a WalMart, where there's almost always at least one or two officers close to the entrance? Or how you act in a Donut shop??? rofl

Do you cower in a corner every single time you enter a federal building? When asked to sign in at an office with security guards---do you begin to quake in your boots--or do you simply sign the dang paper?

I've got 3 kids who've managed to enter a high school on a DAILY basis for YEARS who never even once felt "like a cornered animal" as they passed the police officer each and every single morning as he stood by the main entrance--nor when driving past him as he directs traffic at the end of the day.

What you have just said is ridiculously over emotional and has NO basis in reality. Man up a little and start USING that brain G*d gave you.

"Welcome to reality and the life of humanity now just die you don't want to be growing up in times like these" - Victims of the flaws of humanity's morale.
It's easy as that just avoid life as we know it because everyone has issues that no one does anything about no matter how hard others are trying to fix it.

Cheery Bear

24,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Aileeya
Silk Kanishk

Bolding and emphasizing that last statement of Aileeya's.

To make an example, Illinois was the last state to have a ban on conceal carry for weapons. Certainly hasn't stopped the murders that make the news in our city or elsewhere in the state. The gun laws here only prevented the law abiding citizens from being able to carry to protect themselves from threats.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
I_SlenderMan_I
Aileeya
Silk Kanishk

Then the whole ordeal was the parents fault, They were the ones to possess firearms and therefore it is always implied that they acknowledge gun safety. They are also responsible for their offspring no matter how old or far away they may be they're still a family. The situation could have been avoided had the parents exercised stricter safety of possessing firearms.
Also, they could've done something about their mentally ill child and know ahead that having firearms around them is beyond safe.

I thought you love guns, Bin? confused

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I_SlenderMan_I

FINALLY!! You've actually turned your brain on! Yes, I would agree with you that a large bit of responsibility rests upon this young man's mother--since evidently she kept several guns at home (I've heard reports that as many as five were registered in her name) accessible to her son. If she'd invested in a gun safe, where they could be locked out of his reach--none of this would have happened. Or, at least he wouldn't have had such deadly weapons at hand. He could still have used kitchen knives--but it's highly doubtful the body count would have risen as high.

She paid with her life this morning, she was evidently his first victim.

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Aileeya
I_SlenderMan_I

FINALLY!! You've actually turned your brain on! Yes, I would agree with you that a large bit of responsibility rests upon this young man's mother--since evidently she kept several guns at home (I've heard reports that as many as five were registered in her name) accessible to her son. If she'd invested in a gun safe, where they could be locked out of his reach--none of this would have happened. Or, at least he wouldn't have had such deadly weapons at hand. He could still have used kitchen knives--but it's highly doubtful the body count would have risen as high.

It's still not his mom's fault.

That lock box is the equivalent of stricter gun control.

It might stop a kid who understands rules and obeys them from breaking into them, but what's to say she had them in a safe, he grabs a knife or something, kills her, then breaks into the safe.

It's genuinely his fault. He may have been bullied (or whatever, I don't know) or whatever, but they were his actions.

Then again, I don't have all the info, and the first and last statement are based purely on my knowledge of how things went down (which appears to keep changing faster than I change my underwear...)
Aileeya
I_SlenderMan_I

Natural selection. Brutal as it is nothing is more good than natural selection.
Or maybe Karma.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
rurouniseishi
Aileeya
Silk Kanishk

Bolding and emphasizing that last statement of Aileeya's.

To make an example, Illinois was the last state to have a ban on conceal carry for weapons. Certainly hasn't stopped the murders that make the news in our city or elsewhere in the state. The gun laws here only prevented the law abiding citizens from being able to carry to protect themselves from threats.

America's solution to everything has always been "moar weapons". That's certainly helped your country's economy. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff