Welcome to Gaia! ::

I dunno, I"m having some problems continuing on past Bill's Ranch. I'm fairly certain I've completed all the quests in Barton, Village Greens, and Bill's Ranch. So the next place I should be heading over to (since I have the quest "Katsumi" wink would be Zen Gardens.

Problem is everything in the area is either orange or red, making it near impossible to solo. My Solaris and Diagnose are CL 3 and my Hunter's Bow and Hornet's Nest are CL 2.

Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't I be technically have enough quests to move from area to area without any problem?

Is there actually a lack of quest content or is it just me?

edit,

I also want to use this thread to discuss the "leveling" system, and why it's based off RNG drops from mobs in the game. Read the first two pages and you'll see my stance and reasoning on this. But to clarify,

Quote:
RNG based leveling does not make a game casual or fun.
If you just had to do quests to get what you need, then other then monster difficulty, you'd breeze through the game. Every RPG takes some extra grinding. It's just a part of what they are.

8,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
Not really a lack of quest content, just a requirement to train a bit more before moving tot he next area. You really have to stay behind and beat some stuff and farm orbs for a bit before going to the zen.
Raven Mitah
If you just had to do quests to get what you need, then other then monster difficulty, you'd breeze through the game. Every RPG takes some extra grinding. It's just a part of what they are.

I realize that grinding is "the" thing in mmos. In comparison to World of Warcraft, to get to level 70 you can either grind out thousands of mobs or do quests to get there. You can chose which method is most fun to you.

Having to kill hundreds of Onions just to move on to the next area is not fun in my opinion, and gets old really fast. There should at least be enough quests to allow me to continue on to the next area of the game.
Arianna Blackstone
Not really a lack of quest content, just a requirement to train a bit more before moving tot he next area. You really have to stay behind and beat some stuff and farm orbs for a bit before going to the zen.

My current understanding on how you "level" in this game, is with the orbs you use on your rings right? Killing mobs never guarantees an orb, so I could kill tons of them and never get an orb. How is it fun (or reasonable for that matter) to base a "leveling" system on the RNG of mobs in the world? Many of which will also be famred by other players doing quests and attempting to "level" too.

And bump.

Pro Kitten

37,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
I'd suggest training in DMP for a bit. You also get the added bonus of a chest being in there. :3

----
FTS, it's Battle
----
The Candy Striper is known to lure little children with its alluring candy shell exterior.
These children are fooled into believing they've found the motherload of candies then
are gobbled up by this vicious carnivorous fish!
HAHAHHAHA! Stupid children...

User Image
dead man's pass is a good place to get orbs to upgrade your rings before you go to zen garden
Playing goof can get you two orbs every single time. Try that. =]

Takes about 13 minutes a game.
Bria_Teragram
I'd suggest training in DMP for a bit. You also get the added bonus of a chest being in there. :3

----
FTS, it's Battle
----
The Candy Striper is known to lure little children with its alluring candy shell exterior.
These children are fooled into believing they've found the motherload of candies then
are gobbled up by this vicious carnivorous fish!
HAHAHHAHA! Stupid children...

User Image

Been doing this, just crew after crew, and it's gotten old. Needing a group to continue on is also a major problem I'm seeing with the leveling system. I'm fine with Group Quests, but needing groups to level doesn't seem reasonable either.

Shameless Consumer

[Lenoxx]
Been doing this, just crew after crew, and it's gotten old. Needing a group to continue on is also a major problem I'm seeing with the leveling system. I'm fine with Group Quests, but needing groups to level doesn't seem reasonable either.

The entire game pretty much needs a crew, it's incredibly difficult to solo. Have you been Trick or Treating? That gives you orbs and rings. Have you been salvaging your extra rings? The chest in the DMP should give you 2-4 orbs every run, which should be enough to get you to the Gardens in a few runs.
Shima Shinji
[Lenoxx]

The entire game pretty much needs a crew, it's incredibly difficult to solo. Have you been Trick or Treating? That gives you orbs and rings. Have you been salvaging your extra rings? The chest in the DMP should give you 2-4 orbs every run, which should be enough to get you to the Gardens in a few runs.

On and off, I don't know how much time I need before I can trick or treat again, but have yet to get any orbs, it's mostly been gold, recipies or power ups. I mean this is a nice bonus for the holiday, but relying on RNG to "level" is just dumb.

Extra rings? I'm pretty much using all of the rings I've gotten except for 2, which I haven't leveld so yay for 2 orbs.

But ya, been doing the ZOMGWTF and chest and if that's the only way I'll reliably be able to "level" and if this is a continuing trend then I'd rather be doing something else to be honest. There should be more reliable ways to "level" in this game.

Quests would be the most reasonable. Either add more or increase the orbs they give out. Becaues right now it just isnt' cutting it.
An issue I feel needs to be addressed/discussed. Bump.

Versatile Defender

10,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
I do think the drop rate with orbs should slightly be raised. It would be one thing if we had experience points in this game but we must rely on luck that we kill something and it gives us an orb. Problem is, I'm at Bass'ken right now and even when I kill something, I may still only get 1 orb, two at most, with rare ring drop rate. I think the number of orbs dropped should increase to what ever level the area your fighting in is, basic example being if you get an orb from a monster in a level 4 area, you should get at-least 3 or 4 orbs instead of just 1 or 2.

Again, it be one thing if this was a normal RPG with experience points but we must rely on luck for orb drops so that does kind of make the game much more challenging AND repetitive after awhile.
dFangX
I do think the drop rate with orbs should slightly be raised. It would be one thing if we had experience points in this game but we must rely on luck that we kill something and it gives us an orb. Problem is, I'm at Bass'ken right now and even when I kill something, I may still only get 1 orb, two at most, with rare ring drop rate. I think the number of orbs dropped should increase to what ever level the area your fighting in is, basic example being if you get an orb from a monster in a level 4 area, you should get at-least 3 or 4 orbs instead of just 1 or 2.

Again, it be one thing if this was a normal RPG with experience points but we must rely on luck for orb drops so that does kind of make the game much more challenging AND repetitive after awhile.

It's not so much challenging as it is annoying. Being unable to progress due to RNG is stupid, and how the developers cannot or could not see this, just doesn't make sense.

This will drive away a lot of people from the game, random number generator's determining whether or not you can move on in this game does not make Zomg! fun or casual.

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
dFangX

I agree

I am hating spending a day just to move onto another lvl. all i am doing is collecting Orbs i hope the orb drop rate is raised 2 orbs ever 30 minutes is sucky

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff