Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, this is a bummer. I came back to Gaia after about a billion years to try zOMG again (I tried it when it first came out). Thanks for the explanation, though, Faolan Rawr. Hopefully we'll all get to play again, soon enough.

Partying Pumpkin

10,600 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
Viirahue Fy
So zOMG is out of the picture at the moment? How long has it been inaccessible?
Since September 30th.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It could be that the admins/devs doing ATS do not know where the devs(s?) are currently at with fixing the game. Those answering questions are doing so with their own time and current knowledge.

As for posting where they are compared to being complete, I don't think that would be wise. Other errors could occur during the fix and that would push back w/e date or percentage and that typically leads to a more negative reaction from the userbase. x_x

An example would be for them to post that they're 80% done and then suddenly it drops down to 20%. Or they say they're 80% done but we still don't see the game coming back for a longer period of time. I just don't see that going over so well.

Personally, I would rather it get done at a nice pace and done right than rushed because they're trying to have it completed by some made up date.

19,900 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Battle: KO 200
i've been on hiatus for close to a year now, but correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't zOMG kinda 'dead' anyway?

i remember the last few months when i was on it, there were just a meager amount of regular players. And they usually already have a pre-made bunch of friends in a full crew. rarely do i see new faces, in fact, when i log on during times when the 'regulars' are done with their runs, there's practically no one around.

i've played zOMG since the first day it came out, i remember the hype from the concept designs and applying for the beta. but i just feel like zOMG should be thrown away. it's a relic of the past. there's no new bosses or features added to it for years now, and it most likely won't be worked on anymore. to rub salt in, the gold earned in zOMG is so insignificant that it's not even worth the effort to play.

Familiar Lunatic

Lucienfer
i've been on hiatus for close to a year now, but correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't zOMG kinda 'dead' anyway?

i remember the last few months when i was on it, there were just a meager amount of regular players. And they usually already have a pre-made bunch of friends in a full crew. rarely do i see new faces, in fact, when i log on during times when the 'regulars' are done with their runs, there's practically no one around.

i've played zOMG since the first day it came out, i remember the hype from the concept designs and applying for the beta. but i just feel like zOMG should be thrown away. it's a relic of the past. there's no new bosses or features added to it for years now, and it most likely won't be worked on anymore. to rub salt in, the gold earned in zOMG is so insignificant that it's not even worth the effort to play.
No need to throw it away :V
Lucienfer

While that is true, it has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with how far Gaia/ Gaia's userbase has fallen. i,e Throwing zOMG! away would only make sense if most if not all other games and features were thrown along with it and then what would Gaia have left? surprised

19,900 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Felis Hircus

While that is true, it has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with how far Gaia/ Gaia's userbase has fallen. i,e Throwing zOMG! away would only make sense if most if not all other games and features were thrown along with it and then what would Gaia have left? surprised

yes, i do agree with you, zOMG! in itself is a great game, and i have spent a considerable amount of time playing it, it has always been my sole reason for even coming on gaia. (besides events, such as this one, but this halloween event sucks so bad, ok enough digressing) but, unlike other games on gaia, zOMG! is more of a teamwork based game, you need a crew to pull off the more challenging runs.

so based on my experience, this was what i felt was wrong with zOMG! when i left:

1. a significant drop in players over the years. areas like gb and dms are just not as crowded as they used to be.
2. the crowd around those places are usually made up of pre-made crews consisting of friends, with rare instances of 1 or 2 openings for newcomers.
3. random crews usually, and based on my experience, consistently suck.
4. the veterans or 'popular' players in the game are just so toxic and elitist. most are just immature spoiled brats who likes spamming around in shout for attention.
5. the sad part is, most 'good players' i know are forced to adopt an elitist mindset when it comes to forming a crew. and that's because they just want a problem free run.(don't we all?) i for one, i don't have a whole lot of free time to play zOMG!, so when i do play, i want to reach my goals fast, be it earning shorbs or gold.
6. many 'good players' just leaving zOMG! because the gold earn is not worth it or that the gameplay isn't as stimulating anymore.

so all in all, what i want to convey is that many newcomers would be deterred from zOMG! because of the community, as zOMG! doesn't really provide an atmosphere of acceptance for newcomers as it used to. so realistically speaking, what would gaia really gain from this relic of a game? a bunch of stuck up elitist kids with a handful of friendly players and another handful of inexperienced players thrown in the mix?

ps: although i'm not particularly sure, but i think zOMG! would require a heavier maintenance compared to other games.
Lucienfer
Felis Hircus

yes, i do agree with you, zOMG! in itself is a great game, and i have spent a considerable amount of time playing it, it has always been my sole reason for even coming on gaia. (besides events, such as this one, but this halloween event sucks so bad, ok enough digressing) but, unlike other games on gaia, zOMG! is more of a teamwork based game, you need a crew to pull off the more challenging runs.

so based on my experience, this was what i felt was wrong with zOMG! when i left:

1. a significant drop in players over the years. areas like gb and dms are just not as crowded as they used to be.
2. the crowd around those places are usually made up of pre-made crews consisting of friends, with rare instances of 1 or 2 openings for newcomers.
3. random crews usually, and based on my experience, consistently suck.
4. the veterans or 'popular' players in the game are just so toxic and elitist. most are just immature spoiled brats who likes spamming around in shout for attention.
5. the sad part is, most 'good players' i know are forced to adopt an elitist mindset when it comes to forming a crew. and that's because they just want a problem free run.(don't we all?) i for one, i don't have a whole lot of free time to play zOMG!, so when i do play, i want to reach my goals fast, be it earning shorbs or gold.
6. many 'good players' just leaving zOMG! because the gold earn is not worth it or that the gameplay isn't as stimulating anymore.

so all in all, what i want to convey is that many newcomers would be deterred from zOMG! because of the community, as zOMG! doesn't really provide an atmosphere of acceptance for newcomers as it used to. so realistically speaking, what would gaia really gain from this relic of a game? a bunch of stuck up elitist kids with a handful of friendly players and another handful of inexperienced players thrown in the mix?

ps: although i'm not particularly sure, but i think zOMG! would require a heavier maintenance compared to other games.

I have to disagree about the community there. Even though I think dms elevated the toxicity by a bunch, it mostly subsided once dms stopped being a thing. You're right though. Obviously, the community will be very unwelcoming to newbies when members refuse to crew with randoms(who are mostly newbies) since they "suck" and then consider themselves the "good people". ;o

19,900 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Felis Hircus

I have to disagree about the community there. Even though I think dms elevated the toxicity by a bunch, it mostly subsided once dms stopped being a thing. You're right though. Obviously, the community will be very unwelcoming to newbies when members refuse to crew with randoms(who are mostly newbies) since they "suck" and then consider themselves the "good people". ;o

i see. i'm sorry but i don't really know how zOMG! was like recently, before i left, i remember dms and gb were what most players do. that's when the gold earned was still relatively significant.

yeah, even with an abundance of guides and resources on this forum, many newcomers wouldn't read it before actually attempting harder runs. oh, and don't forget the other bunch of players who wouldn't listen to your suggestions and insists on keeping their 'preferred' rings. i wouldn't call good players good people, sure most are fun to be with, but if the definition of a 'good person' is to spend 90% of the run explaining and giving directions to a newbie on where to go and what to do (because they were too lazy to learn from guides here). then yeah, i'm sure a majority of them aren't ''good people''.

ps: after all that digressing, ATS 27/10/14 hopefully they will give more indications on where this whole zOMG! thing is heading.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

They answered one so far today as far as I've gotten into reading everything.

The answer:
No news on zOMG! yet.
Lucienfer
Felis Hircus

i see. i'm sorry but i don't really know how zOMG! was like recently, before i left, i remember dms and gb were what most players do. that's when the gold earned was still relatively significant.

yeah, even with an abundance of guides and resources on this forum, many newcomers wouldn't read it before actually attempting harder runs. oh, and don't forget the other bunch of players who wouldn't listen to your suggestions and insists on keeping their 'preferred' rings. i wouldn't call good players good people, sure most are fun to be with, but if the definition of a 'good person' is to spend 90% of the run explaining and giving directions to a newbie on where to go and what to do (because they were too lazy to learn from guides here). then yeah, i'm sure a majority of them aren't ''good people''.

ps: after all that digressing, ATS 27/10/14 hopefully they will give more indications on where this whole zOMG! thing is heading.

See. The thing is games should be playable without reading guides. The fact that dms is unfairly difficult is why it necessitates reading a guide. Furthermore, zOMG! was created as a flexible game that allows players to use whatever rings they please. This should have been the same for dms as well. i.e, it's not people's fault, it's dms' fault. ;o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff