Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Lunatic

Red Kutai

See, I'd really like to see one that creates an actual object to be manipulated; an 'enemy' with Health and negative Regen that explodes when it dies. You can hot-potato it back and forth with Bump (keeping in mind that it naturally shortens the fuse) or even 'combo' it with the Black Hole effect for real fun. I'm not sure how difficult it is for the game to create entities like that on the fly, but sometimes I think it'd be worth it... 3nodding
With all the KJ stuff, i'd say the on the fly part is small potatoes.

Could I use Fear on it? Or Sleep to delay the fuse? :V

Benevolent Codger

gataka
Red Kutai

See, I'd really like to see one that creates an actual object to be manipulated; an 'enemy' with Health and negative Regen that explodes when it dies. You can hot-potato it back and forth with Bump (keeping in mind that it naturally shortens the fuse) or even 'combo' it with the Black Hole effect for real fun. I'm not sure how difficult it is for the game to create entities like that on the fly, but sometimes I think it'd be worth it... 3nodding
With all the KJ stuff, i'd say the on the fly part is small potatoes.

Could I use Fear on it? Or Sleep to delay the fuse? :V

I'd expect it to have contractual boss immunity to status effects. Exploding enemies seem like more natural places to apply Sleep and Fear and such, and while a handful of those already exist I'm always excited to see more...

Familiar Lunatic

Red Kutai

I'd expect it to have contractual boss immunity to status effects. Exploding enemies seem like more natural places to apply Sleep and Fear and such, and while a handful of those already exist I'm always excited to see more...
There goes the fun x P

Punch it so it blows faster? Heal it so it "builds up steam" longer? Otherwise buff it for wtv reasons... starting to sound like summons. Blah.

Any interesting variation on the suicide bomber concept in mind?

Benevolent Codger

gataka
Red Kutai

There goes the fun x P

Punch it so it blows faster? Heal it so it "builds up steam" longer? Otherwise buff it for wtv reasons... starting to sound like summons. Blah.

Any interesting variation on the suicide bomber concept in mind?

Since when can you heal and buff enemies? Punching it to make it blow faster would be integral to the Knockback function. I'm not sure how well healing it to make it last longer works conceptually, but it probably wouldn't be hard to do mechanically. The only buffs I can think to put on it would be Healing Halo, while would probably just counteract its negative Regen. Not sure what you gain from that, other than being able to stack up a dozen of them and light them at the same time. Maybe that's a reason to avoid it on its own. eek

The last time I even thought about bombers was probably the Nucleo-Fluff concept, which was just a chain-reaction variant. I'd have to think a bit more about it to come up with something in particular... sweatdrop

Borg

Red Kutai
The last time I even thought about bombers was probably the Nucleo-Fluff concept, which was just a chain-reaction variant. I'd have to think a bit more about it to come up with something in particular... sweatdrop

My apologies, but I prowled through your Photobucket account...what delightful pictures! smile

May I ask, are you a talented fan or were you involved in the development of the game or the zOMG! Wikia?

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
Kinda reminds me of Pokemon. emotion_awesome
I like them, though.

Benevolent Codger

raggedy grrl
Red Kutai

My apologies, but I prowled through your Photobucket account...what delightful pictures! smile

May I ask, are you a talented fan or were you involved in the development of the game or the zOMG! Wikia?

Oh, heavens. I don't even recall what I've got stored there anymore. redface

I can't say I'm either, actually; just an enthusiast. I only learned what I know about vector art by copying existing zOMG! assets, so it's hard to say that there's much of any 'talent' involved... sweatdrop

Borg

Red Kutai
raggedy grrl

Oh, heavens. I don't even recall what I've got stored there anymore. redface

I can't say I'm either, actually; just an enthusiast. I only learned what I know about vector art by copying existing zOMG! assets, so it's hard to say that there's much of any 'talent' involved... sweatdrop

Too modest....! smile

Familiar Lunatic

Red Kutai

Since when can you heal and buff enemies? Punching it to make it blow faster would be integral to the Knockback function. I'm not sure how well healing it to make it last longer works conceptually, but it probably wouldn't be hard to do mechanically. The only buffs I can think to put on it would be Healing Halo, while would probably just counteract its negative Regen. Not sure what you gain from that, other than being able to stack up a dozen of them and light them at the same time. Maybe that's a reason to avoid it on its own. eek

1- Since it's a good idea :V
2- You said 'enemy' ; less I'm mistaken, your potato contraption does not deal in friendly fire, does it? It's not really an enemy, nor is it a player. Short, there's knowing what rules it plays by. That's why I'm asking/exploring.

Anyway, conceptually, once you accept that dealing damage somehow makes it blow faster doing the opposite leading to the opposite seems obvious to me. Or going by the kamikaze approach, anything that delays the death should delay the bomb that follows. Or if we see it as a fuse...blabla. I think you were talking about the building up of steam side, which only makes sense given other elements.

As for buffs, I also had weight alteration in mind, along with Sweetheart/Meat-likes.
But it all comes down to how it'll all work ¯3¯
raggedy grrl
talented fan frog

Fix'd. If you want to witness the talent, go meet him in bed :U

Borg

gataka
talented fan frog

He's a prince of a frog then. smile

gataka

redface

You forget yourself, sir! I am but a delicate and chaste maiden, and I know not of what you speak.

*picks butt in ladylike fashion*

Benevolent Codger

gataka
1- Since it's a good idea :V
2- You said 'enemy' ; less I'm mistaken, your potato contraption does not deal in friendly fire, does it? It's not really an enemy, nor is it a player. Short, there's knowing what rules it plays by. That's why I'm asking/exploring.

Anyway, conceptually, once you accept that dealing damage somehow makes it blow faster doing the opposite leading to the opposite seems obvious to me. Or going by the kamikaze approach, anything that delays the death should delay the bomb that follows. Or if we see it as a fuse...blabla. I think you were talking about the building up of steam side, which only makes sense given other elements.

As for buffs, I also had weight alteration in mind, along with Sweetheart/Meat-likes.
But it all comes down to how it'll all work ¯3¯

Enemies friendly-fire occasionally, no? That's the whole basis of the P3-vs.-Tiny Terror battleground in the Aqueduct, I think. I'm not sure precisely how they arrange it to work that way, but there's obviously something to it already. I figured it would simply build on that pre-existing framework.

The thing is, it's not actually a stretch for physically rattling an unstable material to make it more unstable - while that's not practically applicable in every case, it makes enough sense in the broad conceptual sense that someone whacking a bomb with a sword would not be surprised to see it blow up on them. There's no good real-world analogue for healing, so while it certainly
could work in-game, it's also not immediately obvious that it would.
Quote:

...Who
have you been talking to? redface
gataka

raggedy grrl
talented fan frog

Isn't froggy sex external? I have my doubts about how good he'd be in bed. talk2hand
Red Kutai
gataka

...Who

Well. You and Mem did proginate the entire zOMG! populace. wink

Familiar Lunatic

Red Kutai

Enemies friendly-fire occasionally, no? That's the whole basis of the P3-vs.-Tiny Terror battleground in the Aqueduct, I think. I'm not sure precisely how they arrange it to work that way, but there's obviously something to it already. I figured it would simply build on that pre-existing framework.

The thing is, it's not actually a stretch for physically rattling an unstable material to make it more unstable - while that's not practically applicable in every case, it makes enough sense in the broad conceptual sense that someone whacking a bomb with a sword would not be surprised to see it blow up on them. There's no good real-world analogue for healing, so while it certainly
could work in-game, it's also not immediately obvious that it would.
Let me clarify: enemies hurt us but I doubt your'tato would; portable cherry fluff ain't your style.
Aye, technically I doubt it's hard, but it's still an odd mix of behavior.

You're aiming for neutral/"object" third party however:
- it being subject to attacks marks it as an enemy
- it not hurting us as an ally
- also, it being the result of a ring effect adds some ally point

Really, being the result of a ring with a physical presence and some HP, could easily be seen as a summon of sort. Then buff/healing comes naturally.

Now, the way it looks, the way it is mind and motion-less, the way it reacts to the simple mechanic of A PUNCH to the FACE keeps it grounded in simple object reality.

But let me reiterate that this is close to a summon: even if da bomb itself is kept in object realm, the door's open for the invocation of livelier stuff. Punching any would be pet robot puppy makes little sense... for most people...so how do we keep all this clean?

I think now you can see why I think we need to clear up that conceptual spot :U

Btw, about that contractual boss immunity: dirty exception based design talk2hand
Top of my head closest we've ever seen are the BK trash bins, but they don't react to knockback nor blow up. Still ¯3¯

Red Kutai
Quote:

...Who

I've crossed the paths of some of your past conquests, not uncommon considering how many there have been.

Standing amidst their flock of half-frog half-just-about-everything-else (frogs jump on everything! Amphibians too: all terrain copulation) (btw what's up with that hump a rock thing? Cold and hard...at least use an inflatable rock if you're feeling lonely) they all had the same song, the same look, the one of those who've seen light so bright the sun is now dark, colors so lively the best of Studio Ghilbli looks fade and gray. Clearly they would all have long given up if it weren't for that hint of you in their own children.

Nevertheless, your prowess has grown legendary, word is the MythBusters are looking to demystify some of its aspects with their usual "bring C4, duct tape, and robots to the fullscale" approach :V

Kaniskion
Isn't froggy sex external? I have my doubts about how good he'd be in bed. talk2hand
Means he gotta get creative, more points! Also. Tongue.

But as they say, only one way to find out :U
gataka

Kaniskion
Means he gotta get creative, more points! Also. Tongue.

But as they say, only one way to find out :U

Damn! Totally forgot the long and flexible tongue. emotion_jawdrop

Also, all your posts give me this special vibe when reading them. I just now noticed that I started reading them in Morodin's voice. He's one of the playable characters from mass effect and easily one of the greatest characters I've ever encountered in a game. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff