Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Red Kutai
Poyudi Hytori
Honestly, Wearing both Integ and FF puts the drop rate for shadow orbs pretty damn close to 100%, if not at 100%. When at CL 11.4 and buffs R4ed

It's worth noting that CL doesn't affect Luck in any way, so apart from conning issues, your CL shouldn't really matter. Nonetheless, after the ~39 Luck you're describing (Fortune's Favor, Integrity, Divinity, Coyote Spirit, and Major Luck Boost) is applied, the base drop rate would need to be ~72% in order to reach unity. That seems to be a little higher than experience dictates, but since there's been no strong data recorded, the margin-of-error is potentially rather large.

If I had to, I'd guess the base drop rate is somewhere around 66%, making your drop rate with the above Luck sources upwards of 90% - close enough, at least, to feel like a guarantee... 3nodding

CL does not effect luck. But if your level is too low or too high it nerfs drops. (Say you have a 60% chance at CL 11.4, you'd have a 15% chance at CL 12, or a 30% at cl 10.) 11.4 in yellow maze is the "sweet spot" for drops. Meaning you have the highest chance around there. I would guess about 65% - 70% of the time you get a orb dropped without any luck bonuses. With those two rings, Major luck, and R4 buffs it's about 90% or 95%. Add in Fitness as well and it's definitely 100%. honestly, with the two passives there might one enemy every 4 to 5 rooms that doesn't drop an orb. I haven't actually tested it. (And I might test it to be honest.) But this is my best guess.

Benevolent Codger

Poyudi Hytori
CL does not effect luck. But if your level is too low or too high it nerfs drops. (Say you have a 60% chance at CL 11.4, you'd have a 15% chance at CL 12, or a 30% at cl 10.) 11.4 in yellow maze is the "sweet spot" for drops. Meaning you have the highest chance around there. I would guess about 65% - 70% of the time you get a orb dropped without any luck bonuses. With those two rings, Major luck, and R4 buffs it's about 90% or 95%. Add in Fitness as well and it's definitely 100%. honestly, with the two passives there might one enemy every 4 to 5 rooms that doesn't drop an orb. I haven't actually tested it. (And I might test it to be honest.) But this is my best guess.

That's what I was referring to as "conning issues," yes - 'conning' is the process by which one determines their drop rate from a given enemy, based on relative levels; you can tell by the colour of those enemies' names while targeting them. However, as far as I'm aware, there is no level where drops are quartered (your 15%); enemies conning Green and Yellow drop normally, enemies conning Blue drop half as well, and enemies conning Red and Purple drop nothing at all. Furthermore, the reason that 11.4 is used for Yellow Maze farming is not that it's actually the "sweet spot" on its own (CL 11.5 would be the highest one can be while conning Green to CL 11.0 enemies), but because it's as close to the "sweet spot" as possible without conning Red to CL 10.0 players (which would completely eliminate their drops). So long as your no-one in your Crew is CL 10.0, CL 11.5 should work just as well.

As for drop rates, I'm mostly convinced that the base drop rate for Shadow Orbs is 66-67 (I'm not sure whether the game handles decimals, but it'd be around two-thirds of the time), which roughly accounts for the 90-95% approximation (91-93%). However, any testing you could do to make that estimation more accurate would certainly be welcomed... 3nodding

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Red Kutai
Poyudi Hytori

That's what I was referring to as "conning issues," yes - 'conning' is the process by which one determines their drop rate from a given enemy, based on relative levels; you can tell by the colour of those enemies' names while targeting them. However, as far as I'm aware, there is no level where drops are quartered (your 15%); enemies conning Green and Yellow drop normally, enemies conning Blue drop half as well, and enemies conning Red and Purple drop nothing at all. Furthermore, the reason that 11.4 is used for Yellow Maze farming is not that it's actually the "sweet spot" on its own (CL 11.5 would be the highest one can be while conning Green to CL 11.0 enemies), but because it's as close to the "sweet spot" as possible without conning Red to CL 10.0 players (which would completely eliminate their drops). So long as your no-one in your Crew is CL 10.0, CL 11.5 should work just as well.

As for drop rates, I'm mostly convinced that the base drop rate for Shadow Orbs is 66-67 (I'm not sure whether the game handles decimals, but it'd be around two-thirds of the time), which roughly accounts for the 90-95% approximation (91-93%). However, any testing you could do to make that estimation more accurate would certainly be welcomed... 3nodding

I don't know why you think CL 11.5 is unnerfed. Because it's not. In a full run at CL 11.4 I can get 60 to 120 orbs depending on luck bonuses. at CL 11.5, the number drops to about 30 orbs with two passes on. (At least it did the one time I tried it.) Also, if you have a 10.0 in your crew, and even one person above 10.8, everyone gets nerfed. So saying the 11.4 prevents nerfing other people. It does not. >>'

As for getting hard data. I don't mind. I have friends who like this sort of thing.

Benevolent Codger

Poyudi Hytori
I don't know why you think CL 11.5 is unnerfed. Because it's not. In a full run at CL 11.4 I can get 60 to 120 orbs depending on luck bonuses. at CL 11.5, the number drops to about 30 orbs with two passes on. (At least it did the one time I tried it.) Also, if you have a 10.0 in your crew, and even one person above 10.8, everyone gets nerfed. So saying the 11.4 prevents nerfing other people. It does not. >>'

As for getting hard data. I don't mind. I have friends who like this sort of thing.

I think it is, because the game claims that it is - it's possible there's been a functional change with the conning system within DMS, but I've simply not seen any distinct evidence for that to be the case. However, there have been issues with the conning system working as intended before (Red-conned enemies dropping rings, for instance), so there is some chance that what it's showing isn't entirely accurate.

Still, there's no reason I can think of that 0.8 would serve as a "magic number" for drops; and what's more, I can't think of any reason why exceeding it would punish the whole Crew. Normally, individuals in a Crew receive no drops if a single member of that Crew cons Red to them - this is to prevent users from getting undeserved drops, by letting high-level players defeat enemies for them. Having a CL 0.8 higher, however, is barely a Yellow con; so if the system's working as you say, it's even more senseless than it looks... stressed

Familiar Lunatic

"Animated .5 below your CL con green, but their gold drops are 50% of the time. They should con blue." -HotRed_Streak

Haven't checked that recently, I don't know if it's still true : P
Odd thing is, if it cons Green from a screen away, you should be good.
In other words, .5 below you will appear Green on the target panel but Blue in the "what's on the next screen" con... thing.

Quick check and still true, tho the next screen thing appears not to be anymore emo

Benevolent Codger

gataka
"Animated .5 below your CL con green, but their gold drops are 50% of the time. They should con blue." -HotRed_Streak

In other words, .5 below you will appear Green on the target panel but Blue in the "what's on the next screen" con... thing.

Irony - I use your profile as my conning reference, yet you're the one who comes in to correct me on it. xp

It did always seem strange that the ranges were different going up, than going down - but I assumed that was zOMG! being senseless, as always. Unfortunately, being mechanically senseless is just as common, so I dont doubt the possibility at all. sweatdrop

Any explanation for the 0.8 effect, though? That one still seems unaccounted-for... whee

Familiar Lunatic

Red Kutai
gataka

Irony - I use your profile as my conning reference, yet you're the one who comes in to correct me on it. xp

It did always seem strange that the ranges were different going up, than going down - but I assumed that was zOMG! being senseless, as always. Unfortunately, being mechanically senseless is just as common, so I dont doubt the possibility at all. sweatdrop

Any explanation for the 0.8 effect, though? That one still seems unaccounted-for... whee
Lawlz, the way I worded it confuses me! Never got around correcting it x D

Not sure about 0.8: never got around clearing up my understanding of mixed levels crew drops either!
So much I still don't know! But let's see..

Perfect Saint

I can't explain the 0.8 issue except I've noticed that it does improve drop rates whenever there are mix level crews. Wasn't [ jk ] the one who mentioned it as well as that 11.4 thing?

Familiar Lunatic

Myrielle
I can't explain the 0.8 issue except I've noticed that it does improve drop rates whenever there are mix level crews. Wasn't [ jk ] the one who mentioned it as well as that 11.4 thing?
Wasn't it Aseres that said that [JK] had told her something like that ?

Perfect Saint

gataka
Myrielle
Wasn't it Aseres that said that [JK] had told her something like that ?

I don't remember. I was mindwiped by sorcerers a few days ago. emo
what does the ring do? The integrity ring?

Perfect Saint

Lillmissthang
what does the ring do? The integrity ring?

Like Fitness, it boosts your stats but better at it.
Integrity and Abuse Rings

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Red Kutai
Poyudi Hytori

I think it is, because the game claims that it is - it's possible there's been a functional change with the conning system within DMS, but I've simply not seen any distinct evidence for that to be the case. However, there have been issues with the conning system working as intended before (Red-conned enemies dropping rings, for instance), so there is some chance that what it's showing isn't entirely accurate.

Still, there's no reason I can think of that 0.8 would serve as a "magic number" for drops; and what's more, I can't think of any reason why exceeding it would punish the whole Crew. Normally, individuals in a Crew receive no drops if a single member of that Crew cons Red to them - this is to prevent users from getting undeserved drops, by letting high-level players defeat enemies for them. Having a CL 0.8 higher, however, is barely a Yellow con; so if the system's working as you say, it's even more senseless than it looks... stressed

The Sands of Time Blow....

Want to know what makes even less sense? In green rooms your drops are nerfed if your higher then 11.8. and the enemies there are all CL 12.5.....

....Greeting the Demonic Prince.

14,325 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I know you all have tanks and healers with you...
but i like tanking, so having my Diagnose + Defib+ FF + Integ. + 2 buff leaves me 2 rings to attack in total...
I some times is irritated by this...
And also, i wish they can have this system of trading orbs (like 50 of them) for maybe even 1 Shadow Orb, given that i have so much useless ones and keep getting them
Autumn Lavender
I know you all have tanks and healers with you...
but i like tanking, so having my Diagnose + Defib+ FF + Integ. + 2 buff leaves me 2 rings to attack in total...
I some times is irritated by this...
And also, i wish they can have this system of trading orbs (like 50 of them) for maybe even 1 Shadow Orb, given that i have so much useless ones and keep getting them

So people can level up to CL 12.0 without even playing in Deadman's Shadow? What would be the point?
You could always use your orbs to make orb aggregates needed to craft the epic recipes you get in DMS. You can also sell the orb aggregates. And finally, you can sell your orbs from your inventory.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff