Welcome to Gaia! ::

Basically, I think that the orbs are just for upgrades not the Ring-fu and thus these orbs don't increase your ring level but it somehow changes/improves your rings' abilities. Also, I think that these orbs do not appear everytime you defeated a monster. It is chance based meaning there is a certain percentage that you will get it in drops. Moreover, you can get these orbs in different ways like the quests or trainings which means that the "healers" will have other alternative ways to upgrade their rings without ever fighting monsters. Thats all.

Wheezing Warlord

froiskie
Basically, I think that the orbs are just for upgrades not the Ring-fu and thus these orbs don't increase your ring level but it somehow changes/improves your rings' abilities. Also, I think that these orbs do not appear everytime you defeated a monster. It is chance based meaning there is a certain percentage that you will get it in drops. Moreover, you can get these orbs in different ways like the quests or trainings which means that the "healers" will have other alternative ways to upgrade their rings without ever fighting monsters. Thats all.
Well, you're right, except that orbs are what increase your "Ring-Fu", which is renamed Charge.
You make a good point with the Quests, though.
*Yawns and blinks.* God I feel like s**t. *Deletes Airez's request for him to be nicer from his inbox.* Riiiiiiiiight...

*rolls into this thread and takes a look around.* ......Have they moved the website yet? I didn't get an announcement.

Wheezing Warlord

Redimus Prime 9
*Yawns and blinks.* God I feel like s**t. *Deletes Airez's request for him to be nicer from his inbox.* Riiiiiiiiight...

*rolls into this thread and takes a look around.* ......Have they moved the website yet? I didn't get an announcement.
No.
SykoCaster
froiskie
Well, you're right, except that orbs are what increase your "Ring-Fu", which is renamed Charge.

From what I understood, the Total Charge/Ring Fu is the basis whether you can equip certain rings or not and also to determine if you're a Vet or a Newb. It is not involve in the upgrades on your ring. (I think thats the part they changed.)
SykoCaster
Redimus Prime 9

No.

Well ********.

*Tries to follow one of the links.* DAMMIT!

It was working last night...

Okay, let me see if I can gather the gist together.

Ring-fu was supposed to be your personal stat which determined what rings you could use, and thats gone now?

and you upgrade your ring's rank, now known as "charge", with these orbs dropped by enemies?

Has anything been said about additional ranks beyond the first four or alternative ring upgrading methods?
Airez
Personally, I'd like to see a tagging system come into play when it comes to solo'ing. The first person to hit an enemy would be tagged to that enemy and would receive the rewards for it. If they die in the process, anyone else can tag the enemy and reap the rewards.

Reminds me of FFXI, The tagging system/partying system works well in that.

In reply to the OP, I would have it so that only the orbs that you earn through healing or damage appear on your screen alone, so that only you can pick them up :3

Wheezing Warlord

froiskie
SykoCaster
froiskie

From what I understood, the Total Charge/Ring Fu is the basis whether you can equip certain rings or not and also to determine if you're a Vet or a Newb. It is not involve in the upgrades on your ring. (I think thats the part they changed.)

Redimus Prime 9
SykoCaster
Redimus Prime 9

No.

Well f**k.

*Tries to follow one of the links.* DAMMIT!

It was working last night...

Okay, let me see if I can gather the gist together.

Ring-fu was supposed to be your personal stat which determined what rings you could use, and thats gone now?

and you upgrade your ring's rank, now known as "charge", with these orbs dropped by enemies?

Has anything been said about additional ranks beyond the first four or alternative ring upgrading methods?
Okay... not quite. As you gain Charge Levels for individual rings, you also gain a higher Total Charge.
From what I can gather, if you get a total of 100 orbs for one ring, 200 for another, and 300 for a third, your total charge would be 600.
SykoCaster
Okay... not quite. As you gain Charge Levels for individual rings, you also gain a higher Total Charge.
From what I can gather, if you get a total of 100 orbs for one ring, 200 for another, and 300 for a third, your total charge would be 600.

and enough charge = rank?

.... No news on ring "upgrades" like was originally talked about in regards to "leveling" beyond those initial four ranks?

blah... Redimus wishes the site was back up....

Wheezing Warlord

Redimus Prime 9
SykoCaster

and enough charge = rank?

.... No news on ring "upgrades" like was originally talked about in regards to "leveling" beyond those initial four ranks?

blah... Redimus wishes the site was back up....
From the looks of it, for individual rings, atleast.

And yeah, only four ranks, so far.
Hopefully the newly-released site will have even more info.
SykoCaster

And thus the total charge and the upgrades on rings are not the same. I get it now. The "charge" alone is different from the total charge. But a charge involves only to an individual ring and then the charges made on every ring that you upgraded sums up to be the total charge. But this total charge determines what rings you can equip.
If you pick the charged orbs up as items that means you'll upgrade rings manually.

Meaning you don't even need to wear the ring, let alone use it, to make it powerful.

.... I wonder if charged orbs will be sell-able over the market place. They'll probably be worth a ******** if they are.

Wheezing Warlord

Redimus Prime 9
If you pick the charged orbs up as items that means you'll upgrade rings manually.

Meaning you don't even need to wear the ring, let alone use it, to make it powerful.

.... I wonder if charged orbs will be sell-able over the market place. They'll probably be worth a f**k-ton if they are.
Nope, they're not. Says so on the site.
Hmmm, thank you Syko.
It's not a matter just of healers,
all the de-buffer spells like "slow" "low defense" "blid" don't make any damage,
I bet alll the non damaing rings will develop on a different system than the orbs.

Don't worry, they won't mess up on this ;3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces