Welcome to Gaia! ::

Redforest -- OP stands for "original poster" (the person who started the thread). There was no reason behind any of the color choices other than to provide an example.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
... that is one thing that i didn't think of, the silly ring polishers, revives and recharges...
What about a new item, like an "e.O.R.B." [energy Omitting Ring Boost].
It could take like 100 orbs to create and would provide a player with a half hour of increased energy and energy/health recovery rate?! Yes this might wipe all the usefulness of Healing Halo and Divinity off to the side but at a reasonable cost of orbs, I think it would be a useful power-up. It would also be nearly non competing as many zOMG players would still care to upgrade their rings before obtaining these boosts, or only create them for challenging areas such as EB or Colt.
gotta hand it too you, its an intresting perspective. but far to complex for zomg. zomg is just ,dare i say, an add on? gaia is a huge site with many other parts to it than a simple 2D mmo. your idea would make its likable simplicity much more confusing. Also, if gaia did create your idea for arguments sake, they would have to adjust the whole system to fit around the idea. adjustments would lead to bugs, bugs lead to complaints. And gaia doesent want complaints. So really the whole idea if far to much in my opinion. but brownie points for the creative thinking.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
*nibbles on brownie point* yeah, but I am not too sure if it would be a bug generator, as it would be craft-able in the zOMG shop and applicable like the ring polisher, not too much trouble to create as far as I know, but it would involve re-balancing the game if it proved to be a major source of power.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
SykoCaster
Turk Shuriken
SykoCaster, I think that's what the OP was referring to, as far as using orbs to lower/raise certain values of the rings such as stamina consumption, damage, and AOE.

I think that the OP is on the right track with this. From what I understand, it goes like this:

Purple orbs (basic) can be used to level any stats on a ring, but not all of them in one go.
Yellow orbs affect, say, only stamina, but more considerably than a purple orb might.
Red orbs affect the amount of damage (inc. healing rings) dealt by a single ring more considerably than a purple orb.
Blue orbs affect only the Area of Effect of a ring, but again more substantially than purple orbs would.
Green orbs could lessen the recharge time of a ring more effectively than a purple orb.
And, say, a white orb would level up all stats (AoE, Damage, Recharge Time, Stamina Consumption) of a single given ring.

I think I switched the colors around, but I'm just trying to clarify the underlying point. To me, it seems like a good idea, but it also seems like it would be a lot of work on the game-builders' parts. That would require "splitting" the rings into parts and creating new orbs/effects. Also, it would have to have a cap on it, otherwise there would be nigh-invincible players running around. zOMG only goes up to a CL10, so there isn't really a lot of room to customize without making the game even easier to beat than it already is.

I don't care much for the idea of getting different colored orbs.
              The same ol' color should be used for any ring.
              imo.

I am facepalming because it seems to be a bit of an overcomplicated version of my ghi modification idea.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
Overcomplicated is fun though! perhaps not to that extreme, nor those exact colors...
but placing the mods on the rings instead of having them within the person seems to make more sense?

Edit: Wondered when you'd show up DW.
Redforest
Overcomplicated is fun though! perhaps not to that extreme, nor those exact colors...
but placing the mods on the rings instead of having them within the person seems to make more sense?

Edit: Wondered when you'd show up DW.

Over-complication is not fun at all. I rather just have ONE orb than multiple ones.

Also. [JK] had recently created a thread about using Charge Orbs to use for part of the new recipes (The Epics) that are coming out sometime in the future. So, they just got more interesting for me.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
I saw that, didn't bother to post on it because I am anti orb-recipe.

and if you don't like complex... the mind whithers under environments that hold no true challenge.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
I am starting to wonder if this page started the whole brain dump theme that went on this past week...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff