Welcome to Gaia! ::

Static boosts: worthwhile or no?

Yes; seems like a good idea... 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 2 ]
I don't know; depends on how they implement it... 0.58823529411765 58.8% [ 10 ]
No; it would be detrimental to the game as a whole... 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
[x] I like polls... 0.23529411764706 23.5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
< 1 2

Red Kutai
Toa Kopaka Nuva
I like, I like.

Why, thank you; and hello, again... wink

I've spent quite a bit of time thinking it over the past couple days, but I wasn't sure whether to post it or not. I'm always interested in suggestions for making it better though; don't hold back... whee

I'm in need of someone to stalk...

Anyway, it does seem like a good idea, and something that would make each character seem more unique. The problem might be that these effects might not match or might be hard to implement. And then you end up with people who are wearing the same rings basically being equal to each other in pretty much every way.

Benevolent Codger

Toa Kopaka Nuva
Red Kutai
Toa Kopaka Nuva
I like, I like.

Why, thank you; and hello, again... wink

I've spent quite a bit of time thinking it over the past couple days, but I wasn't sure whether to post it or not. I'm always interested in suggestions for making it better though; don't hold back... whee

I'm in need of someone to stalk...

Anyway, it does seem like a good idea, and something that would make each character seem more unique. The problem might be that these effects might not match or might be hard to implement. And then you end up with people who are wearing the same rings basically being equal to each other in pretty much every way.

People with the same rings (or the same build) will be similar no matter what; that's just kinda the nature of the game, I think. But I don't know how hard it might be to implement... sweatdrop

Benevolent Codger

Alright, so we haven't gotten much interest in the past few days; here's an ill-disguised bump to spark a bit more... User Image

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
I agree with all this.

I had this idea a long ways back and went on a campaign to see this implemented.

Needless to say it didn't.

But I really think this is a good idea. It will also help lock players into a "build."

Like your Rock Armor and Pot Lid? Well, you get less dodge because you're playing like a tank. Like your Mantis and GGGuns? Here's an accuracy bonus because you're playing with weak-damaging rings.

Plus it'll encourage a crew to use a wide-variety of buffs so these bonuses and negatives can more easily be negated.

Benevolent Codger

[Makata]
I agree with all this.

I had this idea a long ways back and went on a campaign to see this implemented.

Needless to say it didn't.

But I really think this is a good idea. It will also help lock players into a "build."

Like your Rock Armor and Pot Lid? Well, you get less dodge because you're playing like a tank. Like your Mantis and GGGuns? Here's an accuracy bonus because you're playing with weak-damaging rings.

Plus it'll encourage a crew to use a wide-variety of buffs so these bonuses and negatives can more easily be negated.

Yep, good stuff.

I just see so many crews with 1 or 2 dedicated healers, and everyone else just spams Fire Rain. It doesn't feel like a group of individuals, but rather one composite organism.

I should explain my crew-monster theory; I think every member of a crew should fill a niche. In classic RPGs, you can't have a team full of Wizards, 'cause they're all too squishy. You can't just throw in a Cleric, either, 'cause he doesn't have the meat to take on all that damage (which, given his slightly lower squish rating, he would be doing). You need a well-rounded team - a group of individuals - rather than one single-minded entity. I think the Ring system could facilitate that without much issue... 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff