Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was (that is I had accepted Gustav's shewolf quest) on Shewolf quest, and it was in my quest log. Then completed the quest with a group, (actually like 20 times to go farming) and when i was done, the quest was no longer in my unfinished quest log, and was not in my completed quest log.

Gustav won't talk to me so that I can complete quest, and he won't give me any other quests. He doesn't have a speech bubble!

I can wait around until he has a speech bubble, and gives me the quest again, I don't mind, but I hope it's fixed SOON so that I can continue the game.

My operating system is Windows XP
I'm using Mozilla Firefox.

(PS: a similar thing happened to me at Bill's Ranch, where Bill wouldn't talk to me about Stoocie, but simply reloading the game, and entering on a different server, reloaded the quest, and fixed the glitch.) This doesn't seem to be the same issue here. The quest never reloads on any server!

Thank you for your time!
~Little Summer Girly
The same thing happened to me - I joined a crew who was farming the Shewolf, killed her twice, then realized that Gustav wouldn't talk to me. I then proceeded to kill her a few more times for kicks (and orbs!) and he still won't talk to me. Like you, the quest has completely disappeared from my list. Also using XP and Firefox.
Are there people who have not run into this glitch? Was it something I did? Has anyone successfully completed Gustav's quest?
It's still glitched. Anyone else have this problem? crying
The same thing happened to me toooo. I went farming with a group like 10 times and I cant talk to Gustav now. Maybe the farming did it?.....idk
The same thing happened to me too, I killed the shewolf two times and now Gustav doesn't have a speech bubble....
The first 5 times I killed the shewolf it said stuff about killing the menace, and finding Gustav's ax, then it stopped responding to me at all. But I definitely tried turning in the quest when it was still responding that I killed the shewolf and found the ax. But no answer... so I just kept killing the shewolf and eventually the ax message went away... sadly...

This NPC silent treatment glitch is listed as a fix for the next release, so I'm hoping this bug of mine is fixed then. biggrin I'm just waiting around to see if that happens before I move on in the game. I don't like leaving things unfinished.
i finished that quest ok but i cant do any of the ingredient quests. the iron ore quest has been in my complete log for weeks now, but i never did it.and never got credit for doing it. i would like to do the saw quests but i cant because i cant get any quests from gustav. {also if its any help, he never gave me the mon cheri's sister recipe either, i went out and bought it because it didnt show up in my invo, even after relogging several times}

Liberal Genius

9,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
Yeah, it seems killing She Wolf twice borks this Quest... stare

I hope the upcoming update fixes a lot of these glitches. I know, it's Beta, but it's still inconvenient for us.

I use Windows XP and Firefox, too. My Firefox chugs after about an hour of play, even with optimized settings.

In a relationship with Kulennien

Adorable Friend

Gustav no longer has a speech bubble for me. Like others in this thread, I was on a crew that killed She-wolf twice before I tried going back to Gustav. The quest disappeared from both my open and completed logs until I logged off and then signed back on. The quest is on my 'done' list but Gustav won't talk to me; no bubble, no nothing.
I've since been on crews to kill she-wolf again but still nothing.
Guess I'll work as far as I can on Logan's stuff while awaiting the fixes.
Gustav is talking to me again, hooray! heart

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Well now there's another glitch. This is utterly ridiculous. I have killed it about 6 times with my crew, and it even says I have the axe. But when I go to Gustav, he says I don't have the axe! I have no idea what's going on.

Celestial Shapeshifter

24,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Well, finally managed to defeat her today...

Gustav has two options in the follow up convo when you return Mon Cheri. I don't remember the exact wording... But the 1st is like "Yes teach me how to make ...". The other is like "Not right now thanks..."

I chose the 2nd option because pups were attacking me at the time. He said he'd 'talk to me later'. Now all I get is the silent treatment as it's been called. Mon Cheri is registered as done, but I haven't got the new quest.

Anyone else ever had this problem?

Solved: I did the same as another user above did: refreshing the page didn't help, so I closed the game and logged onto another server. Quest obtained.

4,800 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
no speech bubble for rancher bill or albert...

Tipsy Bum

I can't even get him to talk to me ONCE D; grrrr

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas