Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's super effective!

Hello! I'm Triple Extra Large and I enjoy writing. I've been a member of Gaia for quite some time now but my activity has been incredibly sporadic. There were times where I considered leaving this website but I've always found myself coming back. This community has a special place in my heart and, try as I might to find a similar websites, few came close to being as receptive to newcomers and ever fewer embraced them with open arms. If you asked me a long time ago that I'd be writing as a hobby, I would not have believed you at all. I was failing most of my writing classes and composition by far was my worst subject in school.

I got my foot in the door as a writer on Gaia as a Naruto role-player, having taken my extremely limited experience in fanfiction writing over to Barton Town. It was only then I realized I had been doing things wrong; as an example, allow me to showcase to you an earlier example of my work:

Sasori: Yes, But Now I Have You!
      *Unleashes Hundreds Of Puppets to Overwhelm the Group, While Laughing Loudly*

I believed fiction writing played by different rules, that grammar and all the stuff you learn in school didn't matter at all. I was called out on my "skills" by a fellow role player and was set on the straight and narrow - I was given a hands-on lesson on why I was an utterly s**t writer, taught what I refused to learn in a classroom setting, and started down an ongoing journey to better myself as a writer. Since then, I'd like to think I've matured - I've branched out, expanded my horizons in role playing and, along the way, learn more and more about the world of fiction writing. While I've always been a fan of fantasy series and comic books, I started to read novels for enjoyment. I used their characters and settings as inspirations for my own works here. I became a better writer, reader, and editor because of this writing community, and were it not for Gaia, I would probably not enjoy any work of fiction as much as I do now.

When I finally learned how to write a decent thesis, presentation, and paper in college, I felt my life come full circle. "I know how to write!" I proclaimed, but knowing was only ever half the battle. I practiced and practiced and practiced until my little hands could type no more. Now, I turn to Gaia, my roots, as a place where I can practice the art even more. I personally believe fiction writing can do what a movie or videogame cannot. When you watch a movie, you're confined to what you see on the screen, relying on the director's vision to show you a world that could be. When you play a videogame, you're given the illusion of choice when ultimately the choice boils down to whether you want to play the game or not. The world of fiction writing, however, is limitless.

At your fingertips, you have the power to bring to life the impossible. You can paint the world of Gordon Gekko green, where greed is good and money is god. You can make a man defy death as he alone does battle with a winged beast, the very creature who was poised to destroy the kingdom. You can make a woman avenge her fallen son as she does battle against kings and gods alike, her unbridled rage coursing through her veins with each breathtaking word and captivating phrase. You can make a child experience terrible loss or wonderful gain with the help of magical companions, their infinite whimsy contrasting or complimenting the world around them.

The world of fiction writing is a wonderland, and we, like Alice, must learn what to make of it.

Allow me to show you down the rabbit hole.
Rules/Announcements

I tend to be very open-minded about what I write. Tender love scenes? I've written them before and I enjoy them. The exploration of a psychopath's mind? I can write you a Leatherface, describe a Bateman, and make you fall in love with Hannibal Lecter. Want me to spruce up tea time? I gotchu. All I ask is you don't make me break the terms of service. I won't do your homework, I won't write detailed gore, and I won't write smut, to name a few things.

Everything else is fair game! I will write anything so long as we have a mutual understanding of what you want. I can write you fan fictions, poems, lyrics to music, song-based fiction - really, anything that you think that of can be expressed in written word. Want me to weave you a Tolkien-esque fantasy? I'll do it. Want me to write about star-crossed lovers? Count me in. Want me to show you the world through the eyes of a recovering alcoholic? I'm yours. The world is your oyster - don't be afraid to ask.

//Announcements
      Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - Shop reopened, queue cleared
      Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Psycho Ice story completed
      Monday, June 16, 2014 - Rheijima and sunnygirl story in drafting stages, Psycho Ice story in revising stages
      Saturday, June 14, 2014 - Psycho Ice story in drafting stages, sunnygirl and zeigeist added to queue
      Friday, June 13, 2014 - Shop opened!
Sample Work/Portfolio

Roleplay Samples:
        XXXL Samples - This is to showcase my roleplay work and highlight the various genres I've explored with other authors. If you would like me to join your roleplay, I have a separate thread for that here, and I would be more than happy to check it out.

Gaia Portfolio (Finished Work):
        A Chess Game - Commissioned by Rheijima. The CIA's top operative, Maylee Baxter, confronts the multibillionaire Xavier Sinclair for his involvement in a plot to wipe out the American west coast with a single nuclear device.

The Supernatural Comedy of Grayson Ackler - Commissioned by Psycho Ice. The Sarafoam Mafia's enforcer, Grayson Ackler, finds himself in a confessional discussing how he met the flighty Kyle Simmons.
Pricing/Ordering/Delivery

I will not accept any payment unless you, the customer, are satisfied with what you received. With pricing being a non-universally accepted standard, I will not put a gold value to my work. However, if you are satisfied with the work, I would very much like some compensation for the time put in and the service rendered. In this way, I will not bar anyone from sending me something to work on; I will accept any gold, items, or art as payment so long as you deem it fair.

If you are not satisfied with what you received, at the very least I will ask for constructive criticism of some sort. I will not accept anything along the lines of "your writing sux lol"; you will have succeeded in wasting my time and I will be fairly upset.

My only request, regardless if you're satisfied with the work, is that I get to display the work in my portfolio.

To commission me, all you need to do is either reply to this thread (quoting me in the process encouraged but not necessary) or send me a private message describing what you want written. If I take accept the commission, I will add you to the queue and get to working on it as soon as possible. Depending on the length of the work (that is, if I'm not writing you a novel), you can expect your order to arrive within a week.

Queue

• customer - genre - status (outlining/drafting/revising/completed) - deadline
      tab additional information: includes prompt, characters, etc. mostly for my convenience

Hilarious Shounen

I see Jontron.
Looks nice. I like the layout and the red. The queue post is quite nice. heart

Wicked Demigod

Good luck with the shop~ heart

Can I cry in here for a bit? The Playoff just ended and, well...The Kings won...
Psycho Ice

Thank you, thank you. Truth be told, this thread was a necessity for me because I needed to organize my information better. While I was sketching out your story, I found at least ten open tabs of the same character page (Kyle's) and then I was all...

I need to get my s**t together.

It was a beautiful moment of lucidity.

Hilarious Shounen

Triple Extra Large
Psycho Ice

Thank you, thank you. Truth be told, this thread was a necessity for me because I needed to organize my information better. While I was sketching out your story, I found at least ten open tabs of the same character page (Kyle's) and then I was all...

I need to get my s**t together.

It was a beautiful moment of lucidity.

Lol. That's funny. xD
Glad you worked things out for yourself.

Rheijima

Thank you so much! Were it not for your generosity, I wouldn't be able to set up this thread in the first place. I thought it would be odd if I were to only throw up roleplay samples, so I needed to get my foot in the door somehow.

Anywho shh it's ok

there's always next year
Psycho Ice

Your story is almost finished! I am currently revising the draft and I must say, I enjoyed writing this immensely. Everything is proceeding as scheduled and you should have the story by Wednesday!

Rheijima

sunnygirI

While I still have the floor, your stories are currently being drafted. Rheijima, I may have to delay the hockey story release because I have a project due Friday, but we'll play things by ear and cross that road when we get there.

Thank you all for your time!

Hilarious Shounen

Triple Extra Large
Psycho Ice

Your story is almost finished! I am currently revising the draft and I must say, I enjoyed writing this immensely. Everything is proceeding as scheduled and you should have the story by Wednesday!

Ahhh, I'm glad you had fun! heart
Can't wait to read it~

Wicked Demigod

Triple Extra Large

That's all right. It's exam time for me as well so I am quite busy myself. Thanks for giving me a head up~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff