Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Prophet

User Image
Welcome to this makeshift little writing shop.

Basically, I'm questing for a few items and thought this might be a good way to make a little gold, since I spend most of my time writing anyway. So, without further ado...

ME:

I'm a student with too much time on her hands over the summer and seven years of writing experience. I've had two short stories published and three others have placed in state-wide competitions. I wrote my first (very bad) novel when I was twelve and am in the process of rewriting another that has been in and out of revisions for four years.

SAMPLES:

SETTING
The front room wasn’t large, but lavishly decorated with swathes of cream and sea foam silk. Chaises were scattered around, heavy with embroidered throw pillows. An antique grand piano sat in the corner, the bench behind it covered in ancient yellowed sheet music, original drafts of Bach and Mozart. The walls and floor were chipped from crystal, some parts opaque and others clear enough to see the river rumbling past. Far away above were pinpricks of light ghosting down from the city.

CHARACTER
He stood uncomfortably by the door, a book clutched in his thin hands. He really was slight, she noticed, especially without his huge sopping wet coat. He was an inch or so taller than her and probably weighed half what she did. His NYU hoodie was two sizes too big, hanging almost to his knees, a thrift store buy if she ever saw one.

DIALOGUE
"Is it physically possible for you to go more than five minutes without offending a member of the Spanish royal family?"
"Like I said before, the queen was giving me the look."
"What look?"
"You know. The 'come hither and kiss me you fool, you're making me hot beneath the petticoats' look."
"That's not a thing."
"You had to be there."

WHAT I'LL DO:

-Any genre of fiction (though I'm best at sci-fi/fantasy)
-Fan-fic (If I don't know the topic at all, you might have to pay extra for my research, but you can always ask, I know a fair bit of stuff.)
-LGBT stuff
-Somewhat adult-type-situations (I get pricey if you want me to write full-on sex. Not saying I won't do it, but I really have to be coerced.)
-Editing
-Proofreading

WHAT I WON'T DO:

-Poetry (Well, you'll have to pay me a lot, and you probably don't want to. It's really not good.)
-Essays (I'll edit/proof them for you, but I'm not going to do your homework.)
-Non-Fiction (Same with poetry. Trust me, you don't want me to write it for you.)

PRICING:

Here's where it gets tricky. I'm not entirely sure what pricing is fair, so everything here is totally negotiable. If you want to pay what I ask, awesome. If not, PM or quote me. We can talk about it.

Drabbles (up to 100 words): 1,000g
Flash Fiction (100ish-1,000ish words): 7,500g
Short Story (1,000ish-7,500ish words): 10g per word
Novella (7,500ish-15,000ish words): 15g per word
Editing (this is in-depth, character-plot-consistency editing, with notes within the text and an extra written page of overall suggestions): 1,000g per page
Proofreading (a more casual edit, looking more for grammar and spelling and understanding): 500g per page

Generally I'm not going to write something more than 15,000 words, but with most things I say I won't write, I'll do it for enough gold. You're welcome to talk to me about longer works if you're interested. We'd probably have to work out a section/chapter pay schedule, but I'm willing to hash something out.

ORDERING:

There is no set form, just tell me what you want. Length, characters, general plot (if you have one), genre, etc. If you think I might need to know it, I probably do. Either quote me on the forum here or PM if you'd rather that.

Thanks so much for looking!

Dapper Prophet

SLOTS:
1. Young Justice Short Story for Padfoot_Moony_Forever
2. Sherlock/X-Men Crossover Short Story for Princess Abooboo

I don't want to take on more than five stories at a time, but if the slots are full and you're still interested, let me know and I'll try to work faster!

COMPLETED:

1. Yu-Gi-Oh Fic for Lucky~9~Lives
2. Shop Description for Noir Nebula
2. Character Descriptions for Noir Nebula
3. X-Men Fic for Padfoot_Moony_Forever

4. Editing First Chapter for Cortinarri
5. Witch Hunting Story for AphroditesChild

Big Ladykiller

ASDFJKL IM SO CITED.
I have to think about what things I am going to order, but get ready for the list.

[Sorry it took so long for a post I had to find ma charger.]

GOOD LUCK

Dapper Prophet

Princess Abooboo
ASDFJKL IM SO CITED.
I have to think about what things I am going to order, but get ready for the list.

GOOD LUCK

IT'S AIGHT DEAR.
I'M READY FOR THIS.

User Image

Big Ladykiller

Changeling Fey
Princess Abooboo
ASDFJKL IM SO CITED.

GOOD LUCK

IT'S AIGHT DEAR.
I'M READY FOR THIS.
User Image

OMFG THE LITTLE MERMAID JUST STARTED PLAYING ON MY PLAYLIST

User Image

Dapper Prophet

Princess Abooboo

User Image

DANCE PARTY.
User Image

Big Ladykiller

Changeling Fey
Princess Abooboo
Changeling Fey
Princess Abooboo
ASDFJKL IM SO CITED.

GOOD LUCK

IT'S AIGHT DEAR.
I'M READY FOR THIS.
User Image

User Image

DANCE PARTY.
User Image

User Image

Dapper Prophet

Princess Abooboo

User Image

User Image
Changeling Fey

Hi, Changeling. Cool samples! Are you at all familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh (and would be willing to write a fan-fic)?

Dapper Prophet

Lucky~9~Lives
Changeling Fey

Hi, Changeling. Cool samples! Are you at all familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh (and would be willing to write a fan-fic)?

Hey, thanks! I am somewhat familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh, enough that I'd just have to brush up on some stuff (I wouldn't charge you extra for it or anything). If you're still interested, let me know the full details of what you want and I'll get started on it ASAP.
Changeling Fey
Hey, thanks! I am somewhat familiar with Yu-Gi-Oh, enough that I'd just have to brush up on some stuff (I wouldn't charge you extra for it or anything). If you're still interested, let me know the full details of what you want and I'll get started on it ASAP.

Thank you for the quick response! And thanks for offering to brush up on stuff - for the record, I don't mind if things aren't totally canon. Anyway, here's the plot I have in mind:

It's a duel between Marik and Seto - if Seto wins, Marik will give him a God card; if Marik wins, Seto has to "share his years of experience with him". Hardly believing his luck at the bargain, Seto starts out confident, but he gradually realizes something strange is going on: the field looks bigger, his duel-disk feels heavier, his clothes are...looser? Marik's deck contains shadow cards that drain time - the more damage Seto takes, the younger he gets! Marik even turns Seto's monsters into baby versions, knocking off more life-points and laughing as Seto curses him in a cracking voice. Seto can barely hold his pants up, let alone his duel-disk, getting younger and younger as Marik taunts him, until a decisive blow reduces him to a tearful infant, trying in vain to close a tiny hand around his deck. Marik easily scoops up the cards, and Seto himself, mockingly thanking him for the years he has literally shared, before using the Millennium Rod to fashion Seto's pants into a diaper and teasing his little "tantrum" as he dresses him, remarking that Seto's prized white jacket makes an excellent changing mat.

~~~

Hopefully that's okay; feel free to PM any questions.

Shy Fairy

Changeling Fey

Hello! I'm interested in your work and hope my plot will interest you as well. whee

Type: setting (more of a roleplay sort. I would like some interactivity/dialogue happening between the viewers)
Length: short paragraph, less than 100 words
Plot: Traveler comes across an old apothecary shop that seems like it has been around for quite some time. The shelves are covered from top to bottom with bottles of all kinds... and that's all I have for now.

Here's a link to something that still is in process and for you to get a feel of what I am trying to go for. xd

Big Ladykiller

Changeling Fey
Princess Abooboo

User Image

User Image

Too much for you?

IDC
User Image

Dapper Prophet

Creme Eclair

Hello! I'm interested in your work and hope my plot will interest you as well. whee

Type: setting (more of a roleplay sort. I would like some interactivity/dialogue happening between the viewers)
Plot: Traveler comes across an old apothecary shop that seems like it has been around for quite some time. The shelves are covered from top to bottom with bottles of all kinds... and that's all I have for now.

Here's a link to something that still is in process and for you to get a feel of what I am trying to go for. xd

I'd be happy to write something up for you, I'm just a little confused. Do you just want a description of this shop or something more than that? And do you want this in 1st, 2nd or 3rd person?

Shy Fairy

Changeling Fey
Creme Eclair

I'd be happy to write something up for you, I'm just a little confused. Do you just want a description of this shop or something more than that? And do you want this in 1st, 2nd or 3rd person?

Mainly a description of the shop and third person point of view please. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces