Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cassandra022
It's a circle though. Cos if you believe you will fail in life, and that means you will, then you were right for believing it....and it sorta just goes on and on rofl

though that saying isn't always true cos I've had times where I really thought I'd fail at something and then I didn't, cos I'm overly fatalistic and all that.

though to get philisophical and all, what does it really mean to "fail in life" as opposed to "suceed in life"?

mer

Yes, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Defining success and failure is entirely up to you. I could say, "Whateve makes you happy is what will make you successful," but some people love being miserable.

Yes, so even I get tired of being serious all the time. I made this GIF.

It'd be awesome if it went ahead and turned into the next big Net meme. razz

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Top of the page AND post #1500!
Welcome to WW&CCF 101. I am the head of the class. You may commence groveling now.
Cassandra022
IR?

why are ya forced to live in the US? if you dont mind me asking...

IR=International Relations.

(Obviously the content of an IR class varies by the country it's being taught in, so it's good to know which one...)
Cassandra022
Mahayr
I say you just want chance to meet a few handsome Fire Fighters! Yes! Let them come out, its funny. Compliment them on how great they look in their turn-out gear and offer them lemonade!

rofl

mommy would be mad though. I'm surprised she didn't notice the fire decector/come up to b***h at me. Oh wells. Now I must hide and clean up the evidence and if she ever asks me what happened to that knife I will look up at her with a look of innocent confusion and say,

"what knife? maybe it's in the dishwasher?"

and all will be good.

I remember a time not too many years ago when folks were making lunch (this was for a group of about 75 people, so it was a *big* lunch and very harried towards the end) and someone put a large plastic bowl full of freshly boiled and rinsed spaghetti noodles down on the stove...

Yup.

The bowl melted, the noodles went everywhere, plastic all over the burners, and still 75 people waiting for their lunch...

The worst I can remember doing personally involved a hot-off-the-oven pot and some synthetic carpet and, well, ther'es a bit less carpet in that spot, now.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Cassandra022
Mahayr
I say you just want chance to meet a few handsome Fire Fighters! Yes! Let them come out, its funny. Compliment them on how great they look in their turn-out gear and offer them lemonade!

rofl

mommy would be mad though. I'm surprised she didn't notice the fire decector/come up to b***h at me. Oh wells. Now I must hide and clean up the evidence and if she ever asks me what happened to that knife I will look up at her with a look of innocent confusion and say,

"what knife? maybe it's in the dishwasher?"

and all will be good.

Hahahahahahahaha!
Mahayr
Yeah, but what if Walter's equivalent shows up? stare

"Oops. He didn't have his oxygen tube properly attached, so he was huffing fumes"?

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Aiaiaiaiaiaiiaiaiaiai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I need to make a statement in here, for my own peace of mind.

In regard to the previous discussion between Sqarr and Syphi, I have this to say... and I do NOT want any argumentative replies from ANYone, or they will be deleted.

I tend to stand aside and say nothing whenever there is some discussion that turns into an argument.

In this particular case it began decently enough. The trouble started when there were misunderstandings, sharp tongues, and Sylphi having a post removed over one of those misunderstandings - something she took entirely the wrong way.

Sqarr, who I of course know very well, is a kind, decent, generous, self-sacrificing, moral man. I have nothing but love and respect for him. He may not be perfect, but he did not deserve what he had to endure in here, in HERE, which is his own home.

Sylphi has always been a friend to me here. When I have had any problem with her, I have messaged her and she was always willing to listen and work things out (it was never anything serious). She has been supportive and helpful as well, both personally and with my efforts to help this forum.

In this case, she stepped over a line, and I said nothing. Then, adding insult to injury, she had a post deleted (because she misunderstood something), reaching into Sqarr's private thoughts and space and thereby deleted a piece of him.

I hate this kind of thing, it is distressing and embarrassing. Now I feel behooved to take a stand, put my own impartiality aside, and stand with the man who I cherish above everything and everyone else in this world. I let him down... and that will haunt me for a long time.

Simply put - Sylphi was rude, did not take the time to read his posts carefully (leading to replies that had little to do with anything he actually said), refused to take any care to be calm and rational, and caused a great deal of unnecessary comotion, which made several people uncomfortable.

I just do not want that kind of thing going on in our wheres, and Sqarr has had all of those posts deleted. I apologize if they contained any pieces of anyone.

Sqarr did his level best, on the other hand, to keep his calm, and to answer with precision, professionalism, and patience. HE was misunderstood. HE was treated with condescention and disrespect. HE went the extra mile, trying time after time to explain, re-explain, and even shared personal information about things which had made an impact on both of our lives. I refrain from saying more about him.

I realize I am stepping in too late, that it is over, and that everyone has moved on, but I am responsible for doing Sqarr a disservice by holding my tongue and not supporting him. It may have not gone as far as it did had I said something from the beginning, saving them both a lot of time, trouble, and emotion.

I want all of this to remain behind us. I want no comments, no answers, and no messages. I will not tolerate this kind of thing again, even though I realize it could be unpleasant, something I bend over backwards to try and avoid, for everyone's sake.

I owe them both an apology. I am sorry Sylphi...

And I am much more sorry to you, Mate. It will not happen again.

I want to underscore a few things before I end this:
-- S`qarr is my Mate, and my first loyalties will always be to him.
-- It is with his permission, support, understanding, generosity, tolerance, and guidance that I remain on Gaia.

With my sincere regards to all of you...

Mahayr
Hello, just dropped in considering I've been dwelling in this corner of the forum for awhile and should probably start to get to know the regulars.
Perhaps here is a good place as any to catch snatchs of conversation.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Well yes it is, welcome aboard. You might also catch some of in the Colosseum threads.
*touches his shoulder to Mahayr's for a moment*

Hello, GinTsuki.

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sqarr
*touches his shoulder to Mahayr's for a moment*

Hello, GinTsuki.

*Smiles and returns the gesture.*
completly random question: does Sqarr come from outside the US too? Cos I noticed both of you use commonwealth rather then american english spellings for things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff