Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
I think a lot of it is when you're rushed and you hurry to finish it, when you get to the end you just want it to end as quickly as possible so it'll be over and done with.

But the ending is just as important as the rest of the story. A bad ending can kill a good story.
Just popping in out of nowhere to join the conversation! I do not want to sound pompous or anything of the sort, but I would enjoy people reading my piece and commenting on it! I mean (to me at least), if I take the time to write something people were meant to read, I would at least like for them to speak their mind (if they want to, of course).

@Shiro Mezidoria specifically; (as I stated earlier) I do not want to be conceited in assuming you intended to read mine, but I would not mind if you did. By no means does this mean that you should feel obliged to read, however.

And I agree with the recurring themes; kind of odd how everyone is given the same prompt, ideas go all over the place, and yet there are still similarities.

If no one else minds, I was going to read all the pieces and give my criticisms-- not anything like 'I liked it' or 'That was bad'-- I mean with reasons and explanations behind my thoughts!

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
I read them all anyway. sweatdrop you can't put a story in front of me and expect me to not read it.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I agree with both of you on this. When I write and post in online I'm really looking for crituqies and comments. If people comment and give good critiques on what I right, it inspires me to fix the problems, and go read things they have done and return the favor in kind. I look forward to reading all the other entries too.

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I also agree with you all. I'm slowly reading through all of the entries and loving them all. If nobody minds I'll post back with my thoughts when I've finished them all and I have a spare time to do so (damn exams and revision syphoning away my time!). From what I've read so far I have to say that anyone who gets through to the next round will fully deserve it and I'm glad I'm not judging, because that's got to be a hard thing to do smile

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
By the way, has anyone heard from sand? Do we need to go looking for a body?

Shameless Lunatic

Shiro Mezidoria
By the way, has anyone heard from sand? Do we need to go looking for a body?

xD That made me laugh. I'm sorry for suddenly disappearing.
With the firing and everything I had to look for a new job and such so, that has kept me a little preoccupied for the past couple of days....

By the end of the week I should have everyone that made it through, and didn't announced.

This round, because of so many people dropping or not making the deadline, only 8 people out of 20 are still in....
So, I need to rearrange how I'll be doing all this but, at least all the non-committed non-serious people got weeded out, right?

Anyways, best of luck to everyone! biggrin I'll more then likely be a ghost haunting around these forums for a couple of days. Such long, good looking stories to check out ;]
Ghost haunting these forums sounds like a good idea to me! XD

I usually do that anyways, and pop in at random places. Nevertheless, there *are* several good stories submitted for the contest for us to read! Time to get cracking!

Good luck on the job hunt, Sand!

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Good luck with the job hunt, from personal experience right now, it's a royal pain in the arse.

Haunting forums is an art, I hope you have plenty of time to review and read without getting too stressed.

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
Gopacksand

xD That made me laugh.

I'm glad you liked it. And good luck with the hunt and haunting.
Shiro Mezidoria

I'm glad you liked it. And good luck with the hunt and haunting.

When taken out of context that is both awesome and terrifying!

And taking things out of context is a very fun thing to do when bored!

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
... hahahahaha blaugh

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Good luck with your job hunt!

I thought I'd drop a quick note to say that I just blogged my entry, it's here and it's timestamped smile

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
Oh, hey, happy birthday Sand. I know I'm late, but....

Peaceful Lunatic

Hey everybody, it's been a while!

I should be focusing on one of my writing projects, but another one keeps tempting me to write on it. One of those times when the first project is in a slow stage of set-up, and the other is in the middle of an interesting series of scenes. I know the first one will get to an interesting place soon too, but that set-up...

And it's way too hot here for spring.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces