PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

Hilarious Genius

8,350 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
I know I didn't read the rules.....but I am really tired. And I am not really looking for to much. I just want to see what people think of it. I worked hard on it so please tell me what you think. This is a thought that been swimming in my skull since birth but I have yet to figure out how to put it down to words. And when you read about it, think Me. not me as in me, but me as you....think of yourself as a person...and imagine..

The Importance of the Letter G

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
phantomkitsune
The Love Mutt
phantomkitsune
Can't we babble inanely about things other than the lurkers?

Like my socks. My socks are way cooler than pixel-votes. Srsly. They have watermelons on them.

Also, TLM, how goes ideas for collab?

Haven't even been able to think much about it... Work's been kinda pulling me down.

No clouds, Solar, just depths of near-depression.
Oh, yeah, work sucks. Do you at least have some days off to decompress coming soon?

20 hours ahead of me - 8 today, 12 tomorrow. And then I have three days off. Hopefully today will go mildly better with two male staff to switch out with, but still. Not looking forward to my shift tonight.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Smilin Madman
I know I didn't read the rules.....but I am really tired. And I am not really looking for to much. I just want to see what people think of it. I worked hard on it so please tell me what you think. This is a thought that been swimming in my skull since birth but I have yet to figure out how to put it down to words. And when you read about it, think Me. not me as in me, but me as you....think of yourself as a person...and imagine..

The Importance of the Letter G

I think Wing prefers it if stories are posted in this thread or PM'ed. He shouldn't have to go elsewhere to look for your entry.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
phantomkitsune

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wing McCallister
How are you elemental?

Busy but doing alright. Can't wait until the farce of smashed up car is resolved and behind me, then I can jump on a couple of mini courses I'm really wanting to do: Grammar at Work (to improve my skills) and Professional Proofreading. I hope the car thing is sorted soon as the courses are at the end of February and I need to book them :S He's reserved me a spot but no idea how long he'll hold them for me.

How's you?
phantomkitsune
They have watermelons on them.

Functional and tasty - the best of both worlds.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Thanks for the tip, Elle wink
The Solarised Night
Thanks for the tip, Elle wink

You're very welcome, my dear. <3
Smilin Madman

If it's just an opinion or critique you want, it's better if you post it in the original stories/prose forum where there are people floating around waiting for work to comment on.

If you intend to submit the work for the contest (which is what this thread is), then I'd recommend you wait until you're more awake to double check that everything is as it should be and that you are adhering to rules. You wouldn't want a decision, influenced by sleep deprivation, to ruin your chances of furthering yourself in this thread.

In reality, you'll only receive comments from fellow contestants when it's clear you're joining the contest and you have submitted appropriately. But few people are fans of external pages when it comes to posting your work. It's unlikely that Wing will view your work personally until it's an official submission and it will be at the same time as everyone else as he is super busy, as well as having lots of other work to view.

I hope this post helps. Good luck with whatever you choose to do with it. <3
LOL Triply correct....

I usually don't venture to links. I've had my fair share of people using dupe links to try to phish passwords. More importantly, it's usually just not worth my time. As that link is a Gaia internal page, I'm not going to throw a hissy about it though.

However, I'll just throw this out there for some digestion. If you come into the thread and don't care to read the rules, then why should I respect your work? It takes about 30 seconds to glance over the 'Need to Know' section of the first post. I guess it's just a matter of principle in my mind, but seriously, if I'm going to take the time to read and critique, the least participants can do is look at the rules.

As for the actual reading and critique... I don't read any of the works until the deadline passes. This allows time for people to make edits and prevents bias in the scoring. I noticed very early on that reading a work ahead of time gave it a significant advantage if it was of the right quality. That means I won't even look at it until at least the 31st.
Wing McCallister
I guess it's just a matter of principle in my mind... look at the rules.

That's my opinion of any thread. It's like walking into someone's house and not offering to take off your shoes.

Hilarious Genius

8,350 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
Wing McCallister
LOL Triply correct....

I usually don't venture to links. I've had my fair share of people using dupe links to try to phish passwords. More importantly, it's usually just not worth my time. As that link is a Gaia internal page, I'm not going to throw a hissy about it though.

However, I'll just throw this out there for some digestion. If you come into the thread and don't care to read the rules, then why should I respect your work? It takes about 30 seconds to glance over the 'Need to Know' section of the first post. I guess it's just a matter of principle in my mind, but seriously, if I'm going to take the time to read and critique, the least participants can do is look at the rules.

As for the actual reading and critique... I don't read any of the works until the deadline passes. This allows time for people to make edits and prevents bias in the scoring. I noticed very early on that reading a work ahead of time gave it a significant advantage if it was of the right quality. That means I won't even look at it until at least the 31st.

Well I am sorry for not reading the rules, I will enter it officially, after I read the rules. Like I explained before, I was at my limit without sleep and my friends told me that entering into a contest to see how it fair. And this is the first one that I picked. I will fix everything then enter it and get into the contest officially, if you will have me Wing.
Smilin Madman
Wing McCallister
LOL Triply correct....

Well I am sorry for not reading the rules, I will enter it officially, after I read the rules. Like I explained before, I was at my limit without sleep and my friends told me that entering into a contest to see how it fair. And this is the first one that I picked. I will fix everything then enter it and get into the contest officially, if you will have me Wing.
lolz Of course I'll have you. People have to do ridiculous things before they are no longer welcomed.
Wing McCallister
lolz Of course I'll have you. People have to do ridiculous things before they are no longer welcomed.

Like what? I sense a challenge...
twisted

Hilarious Genius

8,350 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!
jk, but thanks for giving me another chance. What it is really is that I have this thing in my head, so I put a letter to it. G, seventh letter in the alphabet. G is nearly perfect, so close to perfect. If G was just that, G then he would be. But no he has a personality....just so happens that he is an heartless cocky p***k.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff