Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Prophet

It may be strange, but I get my creative buzz by viewing other pieces of work or watching a movie. Not necessarily taking ideas from them, but looking at different aspects of the movie or book and creating your own original idea from them. C: I always think of my original ideas while driving or sitting in class listening to a lecture that I couldnt care less about. whee

King Strawberry

11,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Like a few others have said, my way of finding creativity is either through lyrics in a song, a simple string of words, or even just me daydreaming and letting my imagination take me where it wishes to go.

Desirable Prophet

Faking it.
Turtle Suicide
randomly: your avatar. i'm kinda liking it.

to OP: it happens as i'm writing. writing is the magnifying glass that takes my diffuse thoughts and burns real ideas onto paper.

my brain. crazy stuff. i learn as i listen and think as i write. remembering is mentally constructing 3D mobiles in space. knowing all of this helps make me productive. smile

Dankyroo's Wife

Kawaii Wife

10,000 Points
  • Married 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
tab tab tab Every time I look at something, and I mean every time, I start to
tab tab tab daydreams about things that relate to whatever I'm looking at.

tab tab tab I could be looking at a toilet and then start to randomly daydream about a murder, a
tab tab tab secret found on a piece of paper, or something and then go on from there.

tab tab tab But I don't write them because the things I daydream about are weird, as you can tell.
tab tab tab ;u;

tab tab tab This is also why sometimes during my last class, which is Creative Writing, my teacher
tab tab tab likes to walk up to me and show me something and I'll just start staring at it because I'm
tab tab tab daydreaming scenes in my head. He'll, then, use them as writing prompts for the rest of
tab tab tab the class.
I sometimes like finding words I've never heard before, and making stuff up from them. For example, the word platitude. I'll make a phrase up. 'I don't believe in platitudes.' Then I make up a character that would believe that phrase. It's fun for me, and sometimes gets my creative juices flowing, even if I don't use the word. I like to keep a dictionary handy. biggrin
I just need to be able to sit somewhere alone to write out everything I'm thinking of -_- Harder than you think when you live on a college campus.

Blessed Cat

7,275 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I usually get most of my creativity from horror movies, especially the blood and gore, it's very poetic to me, heavy metal I listen to, and sometimes images or my nightmares. Yeah, I love my nightmares very much, plus it helps me think of new ways to practice my dark and disturbing writing. So far it's successful but I do wish I can elaborate more on just the common grounds. *sighs* (._.)
At the moment, I get most of it from reading. I like playing with fairytales and myths a lot (:

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I don't consider myself to be an organized person, but more and more I find that I do much better at drafting if I actually outline a couple of scenes in advance first ... granted they don't always do what I want them to do. But I usually figure out my actual execution doing that.

Ideas come from walking with music too. Motion is definitely a helper for me. Being cooped up for the winter and having less chances to get out is hard. Staring off into nothing while riding in a car apparently does it. Just ... having an opportunity to zone out and not being expected to do anything in that time appears to be key for me.

Usually I have something playing while I'm drafting, unless I need all of my concentration to get it right (I need my brains when I try to plan physical fights because it's not a natural thing for me at all).

Beloved Roisterer

тнє тнιηgѕ ι ѕєє αη∂ нєαя
¢αυѕє мє тσ єηνιѕιση ѕ¢єηαяισѕ

тнιѕ нαρρєηѕ тσ мє αℓмσѕт ¢σηѕтαηтℓу αη∂ ι ѕтяυggℓє тσ мαкє яσσм ƒσя тнє ιηρυт σƒ тнє ∂αу тнαт ι ηєє∂

вυт ι αм ηєνєя αт α ℓσѕѕ ƒσя тнιηgѕ тσ ¢яєαтє, ѕнσυℓ∂ ι єνєя ƒιη∂ муѕєℓƒ тнє ωιℓℓ тσ ∂σ ѕσ
PantsOnHeadTard

тнιѕ нαρρєηѕ тσ мє αℓмσѕт ¢σηѕтαηтℓу αη∂ ι ѕтяυggℓє тσ мαкє яσσм ƒσя тнє ιηρυт σƒ тнє ∂αу тнαт ι ηєє∂

вυт ι αм ηєνєя αт α ℓσѕѕ ƒσя тнιηgѕ тσ ¢яєαтє, ѕнσυℓ∂ ι єνєя ƒιη∂ муѕєℓƒ тнє ωιℓℓ тσ ∂σ ѕσ

what is your...font?

Beloved Roisterer

Artemis_Gayle
PantsOnHeadTard

what is your...font?
ιт ιѕ тнє σηє ι ¢нσѕє

Diamond Bear

I get inspiration from reading other works of poetry or short stories.
and music. I have a special playlist that has instrumental music, opera and orchestral tunes just to heighten that sense of creativity from the muse
(i dont believe in muses though)
cinema inspires me to write more raw, visceral poetry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff