Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello Writers of Gaia,

I have never posted in this forum before.. But I am creating a series of quotes and phrases to turn into a long term project.

I'm going to work with them to create typographical images and during production also die cut them.

Pretty neat right? Tell me what's your favourite quote and I may make something out of it!

With thanks,

Arii

Potential Theme: Loooooove, because valentines.
I remember another topic here not all that long ago that asked for favorite quotes as well. I was going to direct you there, but running a search of the gaia forums yielded much better results. Plenty of topics and quotes to look at. Figured it'd be more helpful than getting a handful of quotes from just this section of the forum.

Revered Vampire

12,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
❝ "Omnia vincit amor, nos et cedamus amori" - Love conquers all things, let us too yield to love (Virgil).
"Audax ad omnia femina, quae vel amat vel odit" - A woman, when inflamed by love or by hatred, will dare everything. ❞

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
AriiCakes
Hello Writers of Gaia,

I have never posted in this forum before.. But I am creating a series of quotes and phrases to turn into a long term project.

I'm going to work with them to create typographical images and during production also die cut them.

Pretty neat right? Tell me what's your favourite quote and I may make something out of it!

With thanks,

Arii

Potential Theme: Loooooove, because valentines.

Cool

"A word is the shortest book you'll ever read"

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
spellslave
❝ "Omnia vincit amor, nos et cedamus amori" - Love conquers all things, let us too yield to love (Virgil).
"Audax ad omnia femina, quae vel amat vel odit" - A woman, when inflamed by love or by hatred, will dare everything. ❞

¿Are you saying Women are dangerous creatures?

Revered Vampire

12,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Lasang
spellslave

❝ ...That is entirely not the message of the quote. The quote is basically saying, that in love or fighting for/against something, a woman can be strong, determined and unbeatable. ❞

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
spellslave
Lasang
spellslave

❝ ...That is entirely not the message of the quote. The quote is basically saying, that in love or fighting for/against something, a woman can be strong, determined and unbeatable. ❞

¿And how would you define "dangerous" then?

Revered Vampire

12,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Lasang
spellslave
Lasang
spellslave

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A woman can be just as dangerous as a man can, but that is not what the quote was about at all. The latter quote speaks of being able to push through harrowing circumstances and hard times, for love. Or on the flip side, for hate. You know, just like a man can. ❞

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
spellslave
Lasang
spellslave
Lasang
spellslave

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A woman can be just as dangerous as a man can, but that is not what the quote was about at all. The latter quote speaks of being able to push through harrowing circumstances and hard times, for love. Or on the flip side, for hate. You know, just like a man can. ❞

That definition sucks. ¿Can you kindly cite the source, please?

And what do men have to do with women in what we are talking about now? Why are they always brought up like they are an inseparable half of a pair or something?

Ah, is this like a competition then?

Revered Vampire

12,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Lasang
And men are not dangerous, where do you get that idea?

❝ Jesus H Christ, are you being deliberately obtuse? Men and women both have the capability to be dangerous.

You'd like more definitions of the word?
Freedictionary
Oxford Dictionary
Merriam-Webster Dictionary

The whole quote is not to do with danger, at all. The quote is stating that be it driven by passion or driven by hate, a woman may risk everything. Think of a lover's sacrifice, or striving to all ends to see the end of enemy. Both of which both men and women are capable of. In the context of the time that the quote was done - Roman - women held a lower, but not entirely inferior, position in society and were considered to be more passive individuals than men. Therefore to a Roman, the idea of a woman daring all - risking her station, family reputation or even life - to do something for an enemy or lover was a novel idea. THAT IS THE POINT OF THE QUOTE, not your danger bollucks. ❞

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
spellslave
Lasang

❝ Jesus H Christ, are you being deliberately obtuse? Men and women both have the capability to be dangerous.

Freedictionary
Oxford Dictionary

The whole quote is not to do with danger, at all. The quote is stating that be it driven by passion or driven by hate, a woman may risk everything. Think of a lover's sacrifice, or striving to all ends to see the end of enemy. Both of which both men and women are capable of. In the context of the time that the quote was done - Roman - women held a lower, but not entirely inferior, position in society and were considered to be more passive individuals than men. Therefore to a Roman, the idea of a woman daring all - risking her station, family reputation or even life - to do something for an enemy or lover was a novel idea. THAT IS THE POINT OF THE QUOTE, not your danger bollucks. ❞

Wait, this post was just a side-note, the other post was the important one...

Having just said that,

To men, men are not really dangerous because we know what we are dealing with. Women is what who knows what is the content of their plots and with what methods did they arrived at them.

I'd like to hear your definition. I collect dictionaries thank you and I speak 6 languages more or less. And in exchange for your info I recommend the 3 surrealist dictionaries. One is "Documents".

I never said that the WHOLE quote has to do with danger. I asked if you thought that "Women are dangerous creatures", but I did not meant the definitions you are copy-pasting. Every conversation defines the words it uses for it's own purposes.

I already gave you MINE definition for this thread: "Something strong, determined and unbeatable". In fact something just unbeatable is dangerous enough and one should steer clear of it.

Oh yes, that is true, in certan scenarios a woman will risk everybody's everything, which is the true "everything". You are very correct about that, I give you that.

I believe you got the Romans all up-side down, but like I said, it is just a belief, so you can't attack it.

; )

Revered Vampire

12,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Lasang
spellslave
Lasang

Freedictionary
Oxford Dictionary

Having just said that,

To men, men are not really dangerous because we know what we are dealing with. Women is what who knows what is the content of their plots and with what methods they arrived at them.

I'd like to hear your definition. I collect dictionaries thank you and I speak 6 languages more or less. And in exchange for your info I recommend the 3 sureralist dictionaries. One is "Documents".

I never said that the WHOLE quote has to do with danger. I asked if you thought that "Women are dangerous creatures", but I did not meant the definitions you are copy-pasting. Every conversation defines the words it uses for it's own purposes.

I already gave you MINE definition for this thread: "Something strong, determined and unbeatable". In fact something just unbeatable is dangerous enough and one should steer clear of it.

Oh yes, that is true, in certan scenarios a woman will risk everybody's everything, which is the true "everything". You are very correct about that, I give you that.

I believe you got the Romans all up-side down, but like I said, it is just a belief, so you can't attack it.

; )

❝ I'm a Roman reenactor who - along with other members of the group - have a whole library of books devoted to the subject. I also have goodness knows how many books on the subject, and regularly talk to the public about the finer incorrect points that they are taught in schools regarding Roman society. So, upside down? ******** off. Romen women were powerful individuals who controlled the household, could run their own business and lands and in some cases, even voluntarily entered into the arena pre-Septimus Severus, but they still had disadvantages stacked against them - the higher in social rank they got, the more restricted they were in terms of marriage and the like. The Romans are a subject that I feel highly passionate about, and I don't appreciate someone insinuating that the knowledge I've spent years gathering and learning to be wrong.

I'd take critique from a scholar gracefully, as any other historian, reenactor or history-minded individual would. But from a faceless individual on Gaia? No Sir. ❞

Revered Vampire

12,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Lasang
spellslave
Lasang
spellslave
Lasang

Freedictionary
Oxford Dictionary

Having just said that,

To men, men are not really dangerous because we know what we are dealing with. Women is what who knows what is the content of their plots and with what methods they arrived at them.

I'd like to hear your definition. I collect dictionaries thank you and I speak 6 languages more or less. And in exchange for your info I recommend the 3 sureralist dictionaries. One is "Documents".

; )

❝ I'm a Roman reenactor who - along with other members of the group - have a whole library of books devoted to the subject. I also have goodness knows how many books on the subject, and regularly talk to the public about the finer incorrect points that they are taught in schools regarding Roman society. So, upside down? ******** off. Romen women were powerful individuals who controlled the household, could run their own business and lands and in some cases, even voluntarily entered into the arena pre-Septimus Severus, but they still had disadvantages stacked against them - the higher in social rank they got, the more restricted they were in terms of marriage and the like. The Romans are a subject that I feel highly passionate about, and I don't appreciate someone insinuating that the knowledge I've spent years gathering and learning to be wrong.

I'd take critique from a scholar gracefully, as any other historian, reenactor or history-minded individual would. But from a faceless individual on Gaia? No Sir. ❞

Well, I've been in Rome. And I don't know anything about you, so it's impossible for me to insinuate anything about you. And don't call me sir, it makes me feel old. Just call me cat.

And I don't believe you are 24, you look like youre 17 and chat like youre 8.

Ok, that was meant just to be a joke... I hope If you are not laughing, at least you don't send someone over to kill me.

❝ I've also been to Rome myself. Twice. And Pompeii, Herculaneum and Oplontis.

I chat like I am 17? *You're. I respond when it involves subjects that I am personally passionate on, as should be understandable.

And no, I'm not laughing. ❞

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces