Yes! I liked it a lot! 0.58333333333333 58.3% [ 7 ]
No. But have fun with it though! 0.41666666666667 41.7% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 12 ]

Launchie

7,650 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Its late and I'm just going to hop in the middle of it. Don't feel like developing stuff I just feel like writing some things out, so here we go. The story sections will be written on "Document" posts so please don't use that to comment. That way there will be a distinction. Enjoy if it makes sense enough outside of my own mind. sweatdrop heart

Alec

My goodness she was scared. It made no sense how scared she was... and the worst part is... I have no idea how to help her. I can see her- whimpering so softly I can barely hear it, shaking in a way that could be almost mistaken for being cold, those big eyes wide under glasses and staring up at me. I've got around two or three feet from her so she's forced to look up at me. I wasn't expecting this. I look back at my friends across the hallway. Still standing by the Quad- our four lockers- and snickering to themselves. Knowing already what they think I'm going to do.
It's not like I don't inspire fear in people. I'm the big guy on campus. Commonly referred to by teachers, guidance counselors and the like as a 'bully'. I should have no problem with knocking this girl's books out of her hand and conveniently not helping pick them up again. She disgraced my pride. If I let one get away with it, it will happen again. All the basic rules still run through my head but for the life of me, the rest of me doesn't get the message.
She seemed to fragile to me in that moment. Almost like an expensive piece of art that was fragile to begin with standing firm but is now not only teetering on the edge about to fall but looking at the drop and freaking out before gravity takes it down. Because with me there that's all that could ever happen is a fall, right? Because that's what Alec is known for... And now it has to have been a minute because she looks even worse and the hallway is dead quiet. I can't hear a thing- even my friends are silent. I can't do nothing. But I don't want to do something either.
Dang it! She's still looking at me with those eyes! I mutter to myself and caught myself sighing in frustration. And for some reason after that sigh is when it hit me. She's already down. Whatever she's scared of it's not just me. Everyone here has stood up to me and I've squashed them. I've seen the self-worth in their eyes. This girl... has none. And so here I am and my gut reaction isn't to punch her, but to punch the no good scoundrel who did this to her.
My face contorted with anger as the thought solidified into reality and that was enough to send her over that edge and she turned away from me and ran, like a frightened deer.
"H-hey.. Wait!" I ran after her, but she was fast. The bell rang and that was enough to jar my memory. I was supposed to be going to 5th period. Oh well, I was going to try to be on time, but the little jog took me all the way on the wrong end and a couple buildings down from where I needed to be.
"Mrs. Johnson's gonna be ticked." I say flatly and chuckle to myself. "It's not the first time."

Surprisingly, I was only 5 minutes late for class.

Launchie

7,650 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
She was huffing and panting something fierce. I knew Alec Goodman would try something after I told him out in science class. I'm not his brain, and I'm not doing his work- I said. Goodness, it's rare for me to get so flustered. I think the teacher, Mr. Noble, noted that too. He's not for outbursts, no matter how good your grades are, but he was relatively easy on us both. He simply let us switch partners.
I knew he was going to do something, but just staring me down like that... It was creepy. And far worse than if he had just knocked me down to the floor. I could've handled that easy. I'm used to things like that. Most of the time I'm invisible so happens a lot by accident anyway. I don't dress too outlandish. I don't dress like most girls anyway. I have an either elbow or full-sleeved blouse with a skirt that's knee length, but poofs out just slightly to give the skirt a little bit of a fun bounce when you walk in it. Pair that with my long-time friends that are my sneakers and ankle socks and my thicker-than-average glasses and that completes the look. I think it's nice enough, it's comfortable, and it doesn't click or jangle or droop so much as to disturb me or anyone else. (Have you ever worn a bracelet that always seems like it wants to make every note possible when you hit it on the desk top? Hate that!) Anyway, back to the thought at hand. Alec's face suddenly went furious and I knew that it had to be at me (why wouldn't it be) so I had to get away. There's no way I was going to be around to let him unleash that on me.
She finally stopped in front of the band room door as the bell rang. Dang it... She punished myself mentally. That whole episode made me late. She was right by the door and the teacher gave them a few minutes after the bell to count them as tardy, since you have to go and get the instrument and put it together and get your music and all that, but for band class she always tried to get there as early as should could. Everyone always waited to the last minute and now she would have to get her things together in the mass of students in the small band locker room getting their instruments of various shapes and sizes together.
"Oh well." She sighed. "At least it's band class."
She let a smile cross her lips as she opened the door. Band class was her sanctuary. While the music went through her clarinet and out into the air, so her troubles and worries of the day- whatever they may be. She could forget everything and focus on something she really loved, and no one could say she couldn't either. It was for school, it was her grades, and hopefully- it was her ticket out.
She grabbed her things from her locker and decided to bring everything to her seat today. She opened the clarinet case, took her read out and put it in her mouth, pieced her instrument together, put her music on the stand in front of her and then slid the case under her seat. She looked to the left at the band director's office. He was on his way. She put her read in position on the mouth piece and tried to tune herself quickly. In the middle of her tuning the cacophony of people playing and practicing at once subsided with a swipe of the director's baton, and then held a hand up to wait.
She played an E and C and they all the indicators on her tuner said she was right in sync. She held out her high C and played louder signalling she was ready to tune the others, and the band director again with a wave brought the rest of them in to tune. One by one the band dropped out once they were done with their task, allowing the rest who were in need of some more serious adjusting to be able to hear and fix more efficiently. A few more minutes still and the director signaled it was done and as she stopped playing the sound resonated through the hall.
"Thank you Jeida." The director said, the girl simply nodding her response. "Now today is a big day."
The students grumble how Mr. Shaw says that every day.
"Well every day should be a big day!" He replies. "When you wake up each morning with that feeling- today is going to be great and there's a lot of good things to do! It's much better than waking up a different way."
"But today doesn't feel very special." One trumpet spoke up, not really to put out the question, but trumpet players, much like trumpets, are much louder than they realize.
"Well it's true you may not have an awesome, great experience everyday. But that's not the point. The point is how you view the day. If you start the day thinking something positive- you might have a more special day than you expect." He continued, "And even if you don't, still be happy because maybe, just maybe someone you know or even someone you don't know- is. Be happy for them."
A couple smiles broke out across the room and the director himself smiled internally. There was hope for the future in those smiles he saw. He took a couple more seconds to enjoy it. "I have news for all of you today. At our performance to be judged in front of the Bandmaster's association I have decided to let one of you direct a piece of your choosing."
The group started murmuring among themselves. This was a big day.
"Now I have already selected my final 4 students to fill this role. What I want from you who are selected is this. Over the next week you must choose a piece to play and direct. Our performance is a few months away so we have the time to learn a new piece, however whatever you choose does have to be confirmed by me- for the sake of making sure the level is not above the band in general. We may edit the piece a bit if you've got your heart set on it, but the judges will be informed of the alterations. Understood? Yes. Good. Now to the part you're all waiting for..."
The pause was electric- even the students who knew they wouldn't be chosen were excited. A student-directed piece would be a blast, everyone agreed.
"Amanda Conrad. Henry Jenkins. Jeida Rayes. Chelsy Mayor. I want to hear your ideas and what direction you want to go with the piece by the end of the week. Decisions must be final by next week Wednesday." He turned his attention to the whole group. "To the rest of you, next Wednesday we will not be playing, but our four directors-to-be will present their pieces and explain why they appreciate them and how they want to perform it. You will be given a copy of each piece and you must practice it and play it through- then Friday at rehearsal after class you will pick which one you want to play and the director will be decided by a vote of their chosen piece."
This is going to be a lot of work... I hope I can handle it- I'm already packed this week. She shook her head to rid her worries. I'll make it work! This is a can't miss opportunity, I have to give it everything I've got!
"Now with that out of the way. Take out your music please, we will be played the march today. Starting at Section F."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff