Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Gaian

X_Carmine_Complex_X
self inflicted scars on tights, I'm thinking you mean thighs here.

Should be corrected now ^^ thank you for pointing it out.
I read about the girl and I feel like she needs something.... a bit more to her; something she is good at. Not to be blunt but she seems to be the typical "unusual childhood/bad school experience/has mental health issues" etc that is very common in writing... Is there anything desirable about her that can anchor the audience? For example, does she had a witty sense of humour or have a unique way of seeing the world... or does she mope around the school corridors feeling sorry for herself...
Do you understand what I mean? Im not saying shes a bad character, but Im asking if she has anything more to her personality than what you wrote?

Friendly Gaian

Snowfax
I read about the girl and I feel like she needs something.... a bit more to her; something she is good at. Not to be blunt but she seems to be the typical "unusual childhood/bad school experience/has mental health issues" etc that is very common in writing... Is there anything desirable about her that can anchor the audience? For example, does she had a witty sense of humour or have a unique way of seeing the world... or does she mope around the school corridors feeling sorry for herself...
Do you understand what I mean? Im not saying shes a bad character, but Im asking if she has anything more to her personality than what you wrote?

I know exactly what you mean. I'm currently working at the boy, since he’s the lead character. But nothing wrong with brainstorming on the girl.

One way of showing the reader how she is being in her head reading her thoughts. But, this story is told through Tristan’s eyes. So a visual way of being special perhaps? I do have some ideas. If you got any feel free to share you’re if you got any heart
Dragonrica
Snowfax

I know exactly what you mean. I'm currently working at the boy, since he’s the lead character. But nothing wrong with brainstorming on the girl.

One way of showing the reader how she is being in her head reading her thoughts. But, this story is told through Tristan’s eyes. So a visual way of being special perhaps? I do have some ideas. If you got any feel free to share you’re if you got any heart

Oh i see! Sorry I must have missed that bit sweatdrop

There are man ways of showing it I suppose..? Depends entirely on how you want to do it and what's the most efficient way of transferring the details to the readers

Perhaps through conversation... or by watching her through Tristan's eyes as he notices her doing something small but spectacular... I don't know! Its difficult when I have no idea what's going on wink

And as for names.. If she is from Norway then I usually pick names ending in "a" eg Alma, Esha, Kaia etc. You won't want a name any longer than 4 syllables I'd suggest xp or difficult to read if you getwotimeean

Friendly Gaian

Snowfax
Dragonrica
Snowfax

Oh i see! Sorry I must have missed that bit sweatdrop

There are man ways of showing it I suppose..? Depends entirely on how you want to do it and what's the most efficient way of transferring the details to the readers

Perhaps through conversation... or by watching her through Tristan's eyes as he notices her doing something small but spectacular... I don't know! Its difficult when I have no idea what's going on wink

And as for names.. If she is from Norway then I usually pick names ending in "a" eg Alma, Esha, Kaia etc. You won't want a name any longer than 4 syllables I'd suggest xp or difficult to read if you getwotimeean

Don’t worry about it c:
Since the main character is pretty much camping on trains I'm thinking of him meeting her at one and perhaps they start talking about the future? She got one be he don’t. But they both feel like the opposite? She got everything in front of her but feel like there is nothing left to live for. While he have been at the rock bottom but still see himself having a great life forward? Just a brainstorm.

Friendly Gaian

Ehm I just got to a point where I currency is getting used and I don’t know what to use. It's set in Norway so the use NOK (NO-Norwegian K-kroners) but that would make no sense since the book is already in English shouldn’t I been referring to a currency such as USD or CAD..
Perhaps I should just call them "Coins" nah I don’t know I tend to put too much thought into silly things.
stressed
Dragonrica
Ehm I just got to a point where I currency is getting used and I don’t know what to use. It's set in Norway so the use NOK (NO-Norwegian K-kroners) but that would make no sense since the book is already in English shouldn’t I been referring to a currency such as USD or CAD..
Perhaps I should just call them "Coins" nah I don’t know I tend to put too much thought into silly things.
stressed

Use the currency of the land it's set in!
It makes no sense for someone to pay with United States Dollars if they're in a country that uses a different currency...
It's like someone using GBP in the USA just because the author was from England, even though it is all set in the USA rofl
It's not silly at all though 3nodding Very important to put thought into the small things and make sure what you choose to do with them works! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff