Welcome to Gaia! ::

These are some magic ideas I came up for story lines and stuff like that. I was wondering what people think of them.

First idea is the Psyche Idea. People who use the Psyche are known as the Magi, and their powers are represented by crystals called Astrum's that are placed on a forehead during a sort of accession ceremony. The energy that glows within the Astrum is known as the Anima Energies. There are several different energies represented by colors like Blue, Red, Black, White, ect. Each of the Anima energies gives the person a certain ability. White represents healing abilities while black represents warding. I still haven't decided if I will incorporate elements into the colors, or just have basic "witch craft" abilities.

Second Idea: Earth and the Spirit world have been separated into two realms, but the spirits of the Spirit Realm have an odd urge to remain on the real world. The problem is only the most powerful spirits have the ability to sustain a psychical form, and even then that only lasts for short periods of time. The eldest spirits found a way of taking humans as hosts so they can remain in the real world. Both human and spirit share a symbiotic relationship, the host gaining the spirits abilities and the spirit receiving the chance to stay on earth. The spirits and humans in are split into three classes. The Royal Houses which consists of hosts who have mythical beast spirits, the Noble House which has wild animals, and the common house has domestic animals. People who don't have spirits are known as the Anathema and are lowest when it comes to society. The magic the host gains depends on what element there spirit originates from. Also depending on how far away your spirit is away from the Eldest spirit depends on how much power you have. Spirit "generations" are split into what known as circles. Basically if you were of the House of Crow, and you were fifth circle your spirit would be five generations away from the first Crow spirit came to earth, and your powers would originate from the shadow or death element or whatever I decide goes for the house of crow.

For the one above I still haven't figured out how exactly I will split up the elements.

Third Idea: The third idea I came up with are Summoners, basically people who can summon elemental spirits. The elements are split into five categories, Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Lightning. Each summoner is weighed on a balance, if you were Earth balanced that means you would be better adept at summoning Earth spirits, but your weakness would be in lightning and air spirits with water and fire some where in between. I am not quite sure if I want to use these five elements, and if anyone had a suggestion it would really help.
if yourgoing to write by using elements...i find it easier to use light instead of lightning... i use earth fire wind water light dark, light and dark are the spirit element but they are different, like the dark side would be summoning demons and things like that as appose to the light side which would be healing and lightning would fall in there, but most of the time i adept the lightning into either water(storms) or earth(attack wise)
I don't want to use either "light" or "dark" as an element because that is just too black and white. The last one is more balanced base, and depending on what you use your magic for depends if your "good" or "evil." I know I can also split my elemenets into more than five or even less. I could add shadow, or plant, or ice. I'm just really going for what system people like the best.
yeah its your story do what you want...im just saying thats what i do when i write lol thats all ...i find it easier to do it that way, its actually easier to just base it with the earth element like i said but its up to you completly
I just want to know which system people like the best and what seems complex but straight forward.
Personally, I like the second idea. The whole spirits being symbiotic with humans could be interesting. Heck, if you really wanted to (provided the spirits aren't so dependent on their host that they can't think or act for themselves), it could easily be used as a good plot point.

Also, as far as the elements go, I don't really see why you actually need it. If you don't want to deal with the whole Light Vs. Dark stuff, then don't even use the elements. Which is entirely why I think the spirits would work best.

That way, since it sounds like you're doing the spirits based off of animals, just look at how the animals act or what they're known for as a basis for what they'd do for an attack. For example- with the Crow (Or just about any bird) you could do a feather based attack.

Also with the animals, it can help shape out relationships. For instence (continuing based off the Crow), the members of the Crow house might stick together, in comparison to the members of a hawk (or just about any other bird of prey) that would prefer to be alone.
Good points, but I am trying to go beyond that the spirits aren't animals. They are elements incarnate that are given an animal shape. What I was thinking that maybe the certain animal spirits have their own abilities instead of each house being based off an element, maybe each spirit type could have abilities. Like the Crows would be able to speak with the dead, the unicorn could heal, oxen have enhanced strength, or something along those lines. That would also leave me with element magic for other stories.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff