Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you prefer long chapters or short ones?

Long 0.425 42.5% [ 17 ]
Short 0.575 57.5% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
< 1 2

What I like about longer chapters is that they have much more detail and thought put into them. The story is much less likely to go from point A to B but instead it explains things in detail and leaves more room for plot and character development.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Sir Icehawk
Online, I'd think I'd prefer shorter. Not by much or would longer ones put me off. It's just harder to put mark my place on a webpage, ya know.

a short term thing, you can always highlight sweatdrop (btw, nice jacket; we must shop at the same store)

Dangerous Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Tycoon 200
Samuel Grant
Sir Icehawk
Online, I'd think I'd prefer shorter. Not by much or would longer ones put me off. It's just harder to put mark my place on a webpage, ya know.

a short term thing, you can always highlight sweatdrop (btw, nice jacket; we must shop at the same store)

yeh, geeks anonymous rolleyes

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
wulf ninja warrior2
Samuel Grant
Sir Icehawk

yeh, geeks anonymous rolleyes

you got jokes. but before you start cracking them, i'd suggest looking in a mirror. you look like a discount store sneezed on you.

5,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
I know that it's considered best to keep non-fiction text on the internet as short as possible because of how people tend to read when online. (Like, people prefer small chunks of information at a time.) I'm guessing this would also apply to fiction to some extent. And small chapters would also work well because of how "bookmarks" work differently online - with no pages, you're always marking your place between entire chapters (with browser bookmarks, copying the URL, etc.).

Aged Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I side on the long side. Somewhere between 3000 and 7000 words. If it breaks the 7k mark then normally I'd like to see it broken into two chapters or more just because there is no need for something like that.

Short for me is anything less then 3000.
Samuel Grant
Sir Icehawk

It's the difficulty of the solution that's the problem, it's the fact that people will start reading with an emotional mindset of a long, daunting task ahead which will add a slightly bitter connotation to their experience of the story.

I know I get tired reading long passages on a computer screen and lose focus very quickly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff