• Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
DarknessofHeavenandDreams
_Snowred2011_
Shafweh
The_Bull
Shafweh
I've given up trying to convince others to write properly. My friends don't cut down words (unless if we are trying to fit a long message into one text). I consider this an evolution of writing. 'W' used to be two 'v's, they changed it to make it easier, I see this as kind of doing the same thing. I'm not for it but I'm not going to stop it either.

I am not for it either, but I don't chastise my friends for doing so. But I draw the line at verbally saying BRB instead of be right back. The line needs to be drawn somewhere.
Now I feel bad. I use BRB every now and again because I got used to it. Since it was used in House I felt like it actually became socially acceptable and that was when I started using it. I don't a problem with 'BRB' personally. Some other phrases, maybe, but BRB I actually find useful sometimes.

I've always felt that BRB was the exception to the rule because while I don't use most acronyms I am not going to type out the full words, be right back, in an emergency but I can type a quick BRB and then the person on the other end of the conversation isn't worried.

Texting is situational. In emergencies, you barely need words at all.

I was thinking more along the lines of typing at a computer but I see what you mean.