Welcome to Gaia! ::

So it seems that all of my stories have come to just this really big cliff where my ideas either just stop me or where i go make me want to jump and they don't continue to go anywhere. Any ideas on how I could fix this? Anything at all would be nice.
I'm not too clear on what the problem is - are you having trouble coming up with ideas or are there too many ideas for you choose? Have you tried some form of outlining before? Do you mind clarifying the issue a bit more?

Also, we have a writers block and inspiration sticky. Has some solutions for some of the more common symptoms and causes of writers block, but clarifying what the actual problem is would help a lot. ^.^
I just get stumped on what to do next. im not sure how to explain it really confused
Social_13
I just get stumped on what to do next. im not sure how to explain it really confused

Do you know how the story will end? If you figure that out, you'll have some direction to head in when you get stuck.

You can also think about what you've already written - maybe fix it up a bit and brainstorm ideas from previous events and characters. You might find a plot hole that needs filling or questions within the story that still need answering.

Man-Hungry Hellhound

Maybe you should sit down and write something with your characters? You could do a short story about a character's backstory, sketch them in different styles, make a blog that is written from their perspective, etc. You could even roleplay back and forth between the main characters about something off-topic (I'd recommend Test rather than BT for that haha.)

Even if your story isn't going anywhere, writer's block shouldn't be a big deal once you know your characters well because they will build their own stories with or without you. When I'm not sure where the story goes next, I let the characters chat and get involved in their own shenanigans; it always leads back to the original plot soon enough with a lesson learned.

Questionable Inquisitor

When I have trouble coming up with ideas, I talk about the story with a close friend to see if they can come up with anything that I can use or modify. Brainstorming with other people can be helpful, just make sure it is someone you trust not to steal your ideas.
Deadbride9
Maybe you should sit down and write something with your characters? You could do a short story about a character's backstory, sketch them in different styles, make a blog that is written from their perspective, etc. You could even roleplay back and forth between the main characters about something off-topic (I'd recommend Test rather than BT for that haha.)

Even if your story isn't going anywhere, writer's block shouldn't be a big deal once you know your characters well because they will build their own stories with or without you. When I'm not sure where the story goes next, I let the characters chat and get involved in their own shenanigans; it always leads back to the original plot soon enough with a lesson learned.

See I have done this with one of my other stories. Given them a background with all basic information and other little tidbits of who gets together with who and how they would meet things like that but whe i go to write it out I never seem to get very far on the story itself. I did get part of one finished but i wanted it to branch off into another part of the story till i was ready to go back to the characters i was working on so that i could get the rest of the introduced but it just isnt working out
Chiona
When I have trouble coming up with ideas, I talk about the story with a close friend to see if they can come up with anything that I can use or modify. Brainstorming with other people can be helpful, just make sure it is someone you trust not to steal your ideas.

I enjoy the thought of this idea, but unfotunately I cant do it. see explaining through typing to my friends about what I am trying for in a story they just get confused or feel like they want to give up in helping me because they just could see where I was hoping to go with it. And talking face to face is out of the question becasue most of them are in a 9 hour time zone difference for now as I have been out of country for a year or so now.

Questionable Inquisitor

Social_13
Chiona

I enjoy the thought of this idea, but unfotunately I cant do it. see explaining through typing to my friends about what I am trying for in a story they just get confused or feel like they want to give up in helping me because they just could see where I was hoping to go with it. And talking face to face is out of the question becasue most of them are in a 9 hour time zone difference for now as I have been out of country for a year or so now.

Yikes!
You could always try simply writing the very first thing that pops into your head. That works for me now and then.
Someone once told me that you should think of the last thing the readers would expect and write that.
Maybe these ideas will help a bit more? Good luck! <3
Chiona
Social_13
Chiona

Yikes!
You could always try simply writing the very first thing that pops into your head. That works for me now and then.
Someone once told me that you should think of the last thing the readers would expect and write that.
Maybe these ideas will help a bit more? Good luck! <3

Yea that might work too. I might need a new muse as well i have been thinking my recent one isnt really helping my imagination like i had hoped it would. Also i hope you dont find this odd but I love the writings on your page link in your siggy

Questionable Inquisitor

Social_13
Yea that might work too. I might need a new muse as well i have been thinking my recent one isnt really helping my imagination like i had hoped it would. Also i hope you dont find this odd but I love the writings on your page link in your siggy

I know what you mean. Sometimes it feels as if writing is a never ending search for a workable muse, you know?
And thank you! I'm glad you like what I've been working on. It's not odd at all, compliments are always nice <3
Chiona
Social_13

I know what you mean. Sometimes it feels as if writing is a never ending search for a workable muse, you know?
And thank you! I'm glad you like what I've been working on. It's not odd at all, compliments are always nice <3

Again as i am limited with what i can use i have been also trying to attach back into the other artsy things I use to do. Drawing painting doodling weird designs things like that. No im not the greatest there but i use them to think of story ideas and pathways for other writings sometimes that helps

Questionable Inquisitor

Social_13
Chiona
Social_13

Again as i am limited with what i can use i have been also trying to attach back into the other artsy things I use to do. Drawing painting doodling weird designs things like that. No im not the greatest there but i use them to think of story ideas and pathways for other writings sometimes that helps

That might help a lot! I play marimba and sometimes if I need a story idea, I try to write the story that the music I'm working on at the time is portraying. It also helps with musicality.
I think the arts all work well with each other in that way. I like to use pictures and artwork to help me brainstorm as well.

Purified Shounen

Sorry for coming in late to the conversation.
However, I did want to say that if you are getting blocked, it might be because you are forcing your characters to do something that goes against their nature. They might not like the path you are trying to take the story, either. I know it sounds strange, but your characters are the ones that make the story. For something that resembles an acid trip, think up your characters in your mind and ask them what they want from the story. It could also be that another character is trying to force his or her way into the foreground. That character might believe you should be telling his or her story, instead of someone else's.
Then again, you could also just do what everyone is saying, as it sounds a lot less crazy.
Good luck with your writing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces