Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

3,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
In my fantasy story that I'm working on, there are two distinctly different races. One race is brutal and bloodthirsty, while the other is more refined. Of each race defined, there is a special case that harnesses more power than typical beings of their respective ethnicity and species. I've named one, but I've yet to name another. The unnamed special case derives from the more refined race that worships nature and relies heavily on tradition, and is governed in a very tight and strict manner--they are a militarized society led by those specially born with the ability to harness all of nature's elements, while also led by a Queen/King. These elite are council to the royal family, who inherit the same powers that their council would hold.

Now we're cooking. I'm having trouble coming up with a name for these specially born. I'm thinking Ahri but I looked it up and LoL seems to have taken that. I don't know if I should still attempt to use it or not. Do you have any ideas?
Is there any particular sounds, letters, or length that you are going for with the word?

What I usually do is write down all the things I want for the word I'm trying to make then mix and match until I create something I like. Or you could write all the things you are looking for in the word and write them down in this thread and others could make up words for you and you could see if you like any of those.

Lonely Phantom

3,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
After researching magic in history, I found that Heka, and Ka was kind of like a magical force that Egyptians believed they could manipulate in order to gain a deities' protection, etc. I like this.

Then in the Renaissance there were three books of magic, and 7 "artes magicae"
I'm finding tat most of these, for all I know, are practiced by this race (black magic practiced by villages and cults who have broken off from Usij belief)

I'm thinking of calling them Scivias, which is the second book in the middle ages meaning "Know the ways," it just kinda...fits. But I'd like to incorporate the egyptian thing I read in @.@

Wheezing Consumer

Lathai, Rathal, Ilrune, Naesala. I totally didn't come up with these names out of my hat.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Elite, Perfection, Godborn
Aksull
After researching magic in history, I found that Heka, and Ka was kind of like a magical force that Egyptians believed they could manipulate in order to gain a deities' protection, etc. I like this.

I'm finding tat most of these, for all I know, are practiced by this race (black magic practiced by villages and cults who have broken off from Usij belief)

I'm thinking of calling them Scivias, which is the second book in the middle ages meaning "Know the ways," it just kinda...fits. But I'd like to incorporate the egyptian thing I read in @.@

Just an idea: the Ancient Egyptians took great care of their dead rulers, so you could use the word you found for them as a word for those who are "special-born", but have since stopped for some reason. I'm thinking death would be the reason they left their position, but you can use whatever reason you want of course. If you wanted you could even come up with an name for those who left in a way that the society doesn't like. Then again, you'd have to come up with a third word to use for that last one xd

Lonely Phantom

3,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Turnilk
Aksull

Just an idea: the Ancient Egyptians took great care of their dead rulers, so you could use the word you found for them as a word for those who are "special-born", but have since stopped for some reason. I'm thinking death would be the reason they left their position, but you can use whatever reason you want of course. If you wanted you could even come up with an name for those who left in a way that the society doesn't like. Then again, you'd have to come up with a third word to use for that last one xd

There actually is a sect devoted to darker arts, I'm just generalizing them as necromancers at the moment but if you have any ideas for a title for them, do share. I like the concept of them being part of this elite special sect, and then through their death they become evil entities that corrupt the land as a whole. Ill have to take note of that; I really hope I do but my mind isn't working so well right now...Does the idea I just ran with make sense?

Lonely Phantom

3,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Alright, it's noted and figured out but I don't want to reveal all the information out in the open. There's only one variable but I'm leaving it as a "no one knows why" because it works with what causes it to happen--the thing itself is a vague and unquestionable entity.

If you wanna know what I came up with PM me and I'll share the details biggrin Your idea totally ruled
Aksull
There actually is a sect devoted to darker arts, I'm just generalizing them as necromancers at the moment but if you have any ideas for a title for them, do share. I like the concept of them being part of this elite special sect, and then through their death they become evil entities that corrupt the land as a whole. Ill have to take note of that; I really hope I do but my mind isn't working so well right now...Does the idea I just ran with make sense?

If you want to continue with the theme of using terms from real life, you'll have to find some. I'm afraid I don't know any myself. If you're looking for made up words... Off the top of my head I can do a few:

Nah-Ka (never mind. it makes me think "knocker", which makes me think "boobs" )
Ne-Ka ("ne" from necromancy, and "ka" from the Egyptian reference earlier)
Acrone (close to "arcane" which is sometimes used when talking about magic)
Atheize (made it up)
Drethna (made this one up while thinking of the word "dark" )
Sesronth (made it up)
Kellarg ("kellogg"? I haven't eaten lunch yet neutral )
Ethereallite ("ethereal" is sometimes used when talking about the dead and where they go)

xd I don't know.. I need to go eat something.

Lonely Phantom

3,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Turnilk
Aksull

If you want to continue with the theme of using terms from real life, you'll have to find some. I'm afraid I don't know any myself. If you're looking for made up words... Off the top of my head I can do a few:

Nah-Ka (never mind. it makes me think "knocker", which makes me think "boobs" wink
Ne-Ka ("ne" from necromancy, and "ka" from the Egyptian reference earlier)
Acrone (close to "arcane" which is sometimes used when talking about magic)
Atheize (made it up)
Drethna (made this one up while thinking of the word "dark" wink
Sesronth (made it up)
Kellarg ("kellogg"? I haven't eaten lunch yet neutral )
Ethereallite ("ethereal" is sometimes used when talking about the dead and where they go)

xd I don't know.. I need to go eat something.

The ones that you pulled out of nowhere were cool, but here's what I came up with

"Ghuto Scivias" - who are the gifted

"Ghuto Solvei" who are the gifted turned phantoms and denied afterlife by their deities.

Ghuto sounds like Gato, but whatever. It's just going to be used as a prefix to refer to the more imrpotant and powerful Usij, with Scivias and Solvei being the determining suffix. I hope that makes sense. Like, Queen Rinna: Ghuto Scivias or just Rinna, Scivias.
Hopefully this doesnt seem too stupid or just make sense as some illusory idea in my head..
Aksull
The ones that you pulled out of nowhere were cool, but here's what I came up with

"Ghuto Solvei" who are the gifted turned phantoms and denied afterlife by their deities.

Ghuto sounds like Gato, but whatever. It's just going to be used as a prefix to refer to the more imrpotant and powerful Usij, with Scivias and Solvei being the determining suffix. I hope that makes sense. Like, Queen Rinna: Ghuto Scivias or just Rinna, Scivias.
Hopefully this doesnt seem too stupid or just make sense as some illusory idea in my head..

I like it. Though, I'd wonder if the less important and/or less powerful folks are referred to by a prefix. It seems like a class denomination to me.

And it could also just be me, but "Scivias" and "Solvei" are somewhat similar in appearance and might be misread. At least I would probably misread them at some point sweatdrop I still like them though.

Lonely Phantom

3,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Turnilk
Aksull

I like it. Though, I'd wonder if the less important and/or less powerful folks are referred to by a prefix. It seems like a class denomination to me.

And it could also just be me, but "Scivias" and "Solvei" are somewhat similar in appearance and might be misread. At least I would probably misread them at some point sweatdrop I still like them though.

A class denomination? Like, the scivia are basically what make up the government in Usij society, so it works, right?

It does seem too similar, maybe solvei isn't quite right but I feel like it's close. Losvei is too...spanish sounding >.> maybe Olsvei, that could work.No...I need to reapproach it. I'm going to nap for now anyways, but I'll work on it in a bit.
Aksull
A class denomination? Like, the scivia are basically what make up the government in Usij society, so it works, right?

It does seem too similar, maybe solvei isn't quite right but I feel like it's close. Losvei is too...spanish sounding >.> maybe Olsvei, that could work.No...I need to reapproach it. I'm going to nap for now anyways, but I'll work on it in a bit.

I was referring to "ghuto" as the class type. It could also be a race name or a family name or something. You didn't say, so I was mostly guessing about it being a class within the society.

You don't have to change the words. I was just pointing out something I noticed.

Lonely Phantom

3,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Turnilk
Aksull

I was referring to "ghuto" as the class type. It could also be a race name or a family name or something. You didn't say, so I was mostly guessing about it being a class within the society.

You don't have to change the words. I was just pointing out something I noticed.

Usij is the race name and it's staying..lol I needed a family name but Idk if I'm that worried about it, It's suppose to mean god ghuto scivia like god mage and ghtuo solvei like evil-intent god, that's the idea anyways.
Aksull
Turnilk
Aksull

Usij is the race name and it's staying..lol I needed a family name but Idk if I'm that worried about it, It's suppose to mean god ghuto scivia like god mage and ghtuo solvei like evil-intent god, that's the idea anyways.

I see now. Its a position name. I would think the second name alone would work to inform of that, unless there are other position names used within the society with the second word used. For all I know you already thought of something to explain it though whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff