Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
What is your favorite way to kill your characters off? Personally I like a bit of decapitation or a shot to the heart. I also only kill off characters that I like for some reason, go figure.
I don't have a favourite way, per se, as I really only do what my plotline requires, but I have noticed a trend that I like magic-related deaths -- torture curses, insanity hexes, and the ASR (Assisted Suicide Ritual).

5,550 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I don't like killing my characters, but if I had to pick it would be suddenly.
Example: Character gets shot.
It doesn't really sink in that they died and they don't have a lot of time to think about it (and I hate writing death scenes).

Edwin jarvis's Datemate

Poison. Gory sword scenes. Magic deaths that involve many things breaking, or just being ripped apart.

3,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
I like killing them with their own choices or simply leaving them at an edge, ending the story before they die/kill themselves/murdered, etc.

Ruthless Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
Grave Talon
I don't have a favourite way, per se, as I really only do what my plotline requires, but I have noticed a trend that I like magic-related deaths -- torture curses, insanity hexes, and the ASR (Assisted Suicide Ritual).

Oooh I like the sound of that.

Edwin jarvis's Datemate

I bet a lot of us are secretly very sadistic.
My favorite so far is having a character swallowed whole by a monster that looks like a human. I've had a character strangled by their own shadow too. That was pretty fun. There's more but I probably shouldn't go into details cause they are all pretty much slow, agonizing deaths XD

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
My favorite way is getting them shot. Always. Whether it's by arrow or by gun, I like the idea of precision in killing. heart

7,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I only kill my character if I have too. I don't have a favorite way, it does determine on the story for the best way to kill.
I've only written a few death scenes, but they were all very violent or implied to be violent.

The first was a second-person practice piece (I dunno why -- I felt like it), and "you" were extremely wounded after saving the world.

The second...well, I had to edit out detail, but the murderer was a psychopath/sociopath/omnicidal maniac, and used a serrated knife to make a Y incision on his victim (I never explicitly stated that, but I described the cut), and I took off the dying part because he cut out the guy's heart, keeping him somewhat alive with magic (long story short, he was a magic psychopath/sociopath/omnicidal maniac). It only went up to when he finished the incision, though. I have to say that that scene was my favorite part to write of the entire thing. ^^'

I wanted to post the piece for critique, but I'm reluctant to do so since it's pretty gory, even without the heart-cutting-out part...

Another one involved someone getting shot through the skull. Fun times.

Ruthless Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
NitrogenFixation
I've only written a few death scenes, but they were all very violent or implied to be violent.

The first was a second-person practice piece (I dunno why -- I felt like it), and "you" were extremely wounded after saving the world.

The second...well, I had to edit out detail, but the murderer was a psychopath/sociopath/omnicidal maniac, and used a serrated knife to make a Y incision on his victim (I never explicitly stated that, but I described the cut), and I took off the dying part because he cut out the guy's heart, keeping him somewhat alive with magic (long story short, he was a magic psychopath/sociopath/omnicidal maniac). It only went up to when he finished the incision, though. I have to say that that scene was my favorite part to write of the entire thing. ^^'

I wanted to post the piece for critique, but I'm reluctant to do so since it's pretty gory, even without the heart-cutting-out part...

Another one involved someone getting shot through the skull. Fun times.

Oooh that does sound fun. I am liking these magically prolonging suffering things.
As I'm currently planning the death of no less than three main characters in my next novel, I am more than willing to share with you my murder plots...

One character meets his untimely end when he thinks a battle is over and the "dead" body he standing next to comes alive and stabs him through the back with a sword... he really should have made sure that guy was dead.

The next to die is (unfortunately) a five year old trying to play hero. He, quite literally, gets turned into light particles by a stray spell... he's young, I had to make his death as painless as possible.

The final death is a winged savior that wasn't supposed to be a MC in the first place, so I took great pleasure in ripping off both his wings and letting him get his life force slowly, and painfully, sucked out before having his body fed to what is considered the "scum of the demon realm"

Now, for a non-fantasy novel: Shoot 'im, stab 'im, or drug overdose.

Sparkly Gekko

Drop a city on them.

Edwin jarvis's Datemate

FatherlessChild
As I'm currently planning the death of no less than three main characters in my next novel, I am more than willing to share with you my murder plots...

One character meets his untimely end when he thinks a battle is over and the "dead" body he standing next to comes alive and stabs him through the back with a sword... he really should have made sure that guy was dead.

The next to die is (unfortunately) a five year old trying to play hero. He, quite literally, gets turned into light particles by a stray spell... he's young, I had to make his death as painless as possible.

The final death is a winged savior that wasn't supposed to be a MC in the first place, so I took great pleasure in ripping off both his wings and letting him get his life force slowly, and painfully, sucked out before having his body fed to what is considered the "scum of the demon realm"

Now, for a non-fantasy novel: Shoot 'im, stab 'im, or drug overdose.

Those actually sound like good death scenes, except for the first one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff