Welcome to Gaia! ::

That is the point, YOU have to read to figure out the conflict. Do you want me to just spoil the whole story? And also nobody has said which side is evil or not.
Smokoli
That is the point, YOU have to read to figure out the conflict. Do you want me to just spoil the whole story?

Haha, what? That's the point is it?

Smokoli
And also nobody has said which side is evil or not.

Smokoli
The christians are spreading christianity by raiding, raping, and killing if they don't accept their beliefs, so the atheists have a reason to fight for freedom.

What.
Maltese_Falcon91
Smokoli
That is the point, YOU have to read to figure out the conflict. Do you want me to just spoil the whole story?

Haha, what? That's the point is it?

Smokoli
And also nobody has said which side is evil or not.

Smokoli
The christians are spreading christianity by raiding, raping, and killing if they don't accept their beliefs, so the atheists have a reason to fight for freedom.

What.
Some people have different minds of evil, I personally don't think that's evil

If that's below your bar for "evil," I'm afraid your story is probably not going to be all that morally ambiguous.
Lang Noi

If that's below your bar for "evil," I'm afraid your story is probably not going to be all that morally ambiguous.
Hmm. Read before you judge. A lot of people seem to like my story actually. And it'll get more evil than that i promise you xD
Lang Noi

You know he's probably just backtracking, right?

He describes it as being about a group of freedom fighting Atheists who are struggling against a marauding horde of Christian rapists. It's not very hard to guess who the bad guys are supposed to be here.

Smokoli
Hmm. Read before you judge. A lot of people seem to like my story actually. And it'll get more evil than that i promise you xD

Uh, no. When I see a bad commercial for a TV show, I don't bother watching it first, I just ignore it. It's your job as a writer to make me want to read this story of yours, because absolutely nobody is under any obligation to read it for you.
Re: Smokoli: Please don't make claims of "decide for yourself who the villain is" when you're not really making an attempt to portray the sides involved as ambiguous. It's false advertising at best and does not do you any credit.

Further, your writing is not up to any valid standard in terms of either format or grammatical structure. Your choice of descriptors for actions and scenery do not make sense in context, either. Having read both chapters now, I'm not impressed.
Okay, i've read and now I'm going to judge. The first chapter was intense and sad. It was amazing how you explained the skin slicing and bones crushing and focused more on the imagery here. The second chapter was filled with suspense and i can't wait for the third chapter. However, I picture this series as a manga, or anime. It'd probably better off there rather than a book. But, overall i love the story so far and like I said, i can't wait for the third chapter smile
Smokoli
That is the point, YOU have to read to figure out the conflict. Do you want me to just spoil the whole story? And also nobody has said which side is evil or not.

If the first description of your story is "antitheism series" then it's probably pretty obvious which side is the supposed to be in the moral-ethical wrong. There is no ambiguity in the phrase "antitheism." If there's supposed to be ambiguity, then you may want to reconsider the adjective you're using to describe your series.

If I write an anti-Communist story and there's Communists, you can take a pretty accurate guess that, hey, Communists a probably the bad guys given that I've described my story as being explicitly anti-Communist. If I don't portray the Communists in a poor light, then it's not really anti-Communist, is it?

Also, anti-religion is more accurate than anti-theism from what you've described. Your story sounds like it is against organized religion, not against the actual belief in a deity.
The Thunder Tyrant

Also, anti-religion is more accurate than anti-theism from what you've described. Your story sounds like it is against organized religion, not against the actual belief in a deity.

Technically 'anti-theism' is fine with deists, polytheism, and agnosticism. Wouldn't the title imply those are in the story?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff