Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I still need to apply the other hand. Before I add any details, like clothing and what not, I want to work out the body shape.

Comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Its alright so far, a bit stiff but its fine. I'd work on her right hand a bit more of course, and I suppose if it were me I'd not work with concave and straight lines as much... but thats just me wink
Have fun making her tail flippy! It'll make the picture less stiff and add simple and easy movement to the mermaid!
I love the hair. I would add a hint of mouth though, just a hint.
Rorek
I love the hair. I would add a hint of mouth though, just a hint.

Thanks all of you.

And, I was actually planning to, once I get it CG'd.
pretty, only the hand need some work...
her hair looks exelent
awesome hair. whee I think her body shape & everything looks pretty good so far. biggrin Hmmm, her hand.. dun forget that there are spaces between the base of the fingers, they dun just connect with a V.. it's more like a U, really. ^-^ (make sense? ^^; ) and doooon't give her kneeees, that is all I ask. crying ;;;; I can't stand when mermaids have knees, it makes no sense! *__*;;; (well, I guess if you want to I can't stop you, but.. XD )
It makes sense to have a joint where knees would be. Mermaids are mythical creatures and therefore since none exist its left up to your imagination. The two extremes are to have a tail like a fish or to have two legs like a human. So when you mix them together I think its logical to choose the meduim ground and draw it with a joint as if it had one large leg.

Of course, I've also drawn a quite interesting mermaid with two legs. It really turned out neat and origonal. Of course... now the origonality is out and everyone will be doing it right? wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff